9th November 2013 14:14:51 K-Zodron View post »
10th November 2013 09:31:45 K-Zodron View post »
10th November 2013 14:43:30 GM Grandmaster B View post »
11th November 2013 16:50:50 K-Zodron View post »
11th November 2013 21:11:27 K-Zodron View post »
19th November 2013 13:50:43 K-Zodron View post »
K-Zodron
Staff

9th November 2013 14:06:59 (Last edited 11th November 2013 16:11:46)

Zezenia Online has now been updated to version 4.8.0! This update features new functions such as the talent points and the world map, along with a bunch of small tweaks and bugfixes. Please read through this announcement carefully for detailed information about the implemented changes.

As usual, a new client version is needed in order to be able to login. The game client should patch itself the next time you try to login. If you are running Windows Vista, 7 or 8 with UAC enabled you are required to launch the client as an administrator for the patcher to work properly. You can of course also simply redownload the client from our Download section.

Talent Points
Customization of your character has been taken to the next level with the introduction of our Talent Points system. You will gain 1 talent point per each advanced level, meaning that at level 10 you will have 9 talent points. You can see your currently assigned and amount of unused talent points in the Abilities sidewindow. To manage your unused talent points, open the talent dialog by pressing CTRL+T or the Talents button in the Actions sidewindow. Use the + button next to each talent to assign unused talent points to each talent and confirm your changes by pressing Save. Note that you cannot unuse used talent points, but instead you have to reset all your talent points at once for a fee of 10 premium cards. Your damage (both physical and magical) and defense (physical only) have been reduced by 15% to prevent overpowering characters using the aggression and fortification talents.

Zezenia Online Forum Screenshot

There are 7 different types of talents:

Durability - Each points increases your maximum health by 3 (mages) or 5 (warriors, rangers). The maximum is 50 talent points.
Spirituality - Each point increases your maximum mana by 5. The maximum is 50 talent points.
Legerity - Each point increases your speed by 1 level. The maximum is 100 talent points.
Expertise - Each point increases your chance to hit a critical hit by 0.5 percentage points. The maximum is 10 talent points.
Aggression - Each point increases your damage (both physical and magical) by 0.5%. The maximum is 50 talent points.
Fortification - Each point increases your physical defense by 0.5%. The maximum is 50 talent points.
Resistance - Each point gives you 1% reduced magical damage done by monsters. The maximum is 25 talent points.

Tweaked Experience Formula
The experience formula has been slightly tweaked, putting most players at an advantage compared to before the update. Players above about level 180 might lose a level or two. Your character's level has been automatically adjusted, along with your health and mana points.

Modified Osvald Tasks
All unfinished Osvald tasks have been removed due to the differences in the system between the old and the new Osvald Tasks. In the new system, kill tasks are adjusted to take your character's level into account when deciding easy, medium and hard difficulty tasks. Experience and gold rewards have remained the same as before the update, as has the collect task type.

Training rewards are now vastly improved. You will receive 20 hours of training for a short task, 40 hours of training for a medium task and 60 hours of training for a long task. An additional bonus of 10% or 20% for medium and hard tasks, respectively, are added ontop of the training times. After receiving the training from Osvald, your character will be exhausted from ALL types of training for the next 20, 40 or 60 hours, depending on the length of the task completed.

World Map
You can open the new large view of the minimap, called the World Map, by pressing CTRL+M on your keyboard or the Large button inside the Minimap sidewindow. The World Map dialog allows you to see a larger version of the minimap of areas you have visited before, and it also allows you to place and remove your own markers for special locations. The markers you place are also shown in the Minimap sidewindow.

Zezenia Online Forum Screenshot

Enraged Monsters
You will occasionally meet Enraged versions of monsters, displayed with a red name and a red health bar. These monsters are special in the way that they do 10% higher damage than normally, have 10% more physical defense than normally and yield 20% more experience than normally. Currently there is no special loot in them, but this is a feature planned for the future.

Fixed Bugs
- Changing client skin broke books.
- Party experience share was +12 experience instead of +12.5%.
- Player summons didn't get hit by magic damage of monsters.
- Large items, such as giant trees and roof pieces, would pop up in an ugly way when walking south or east.
- Non-masked creature outfits (monsters) would be generated improperly/inefficiently in some cases, causing client lag.
- Sometimes multiline text would wrap to the next line in an unnatural way.
- Client would freeze or crash sometimes when logging out or in some cases during gameplay.
- Osvald's quest log would sometimes not appear at all or display improper amounts.
- Health bar would sometimes show over 100% in the game area after buff ended.

Other Changes
- You can now send parcels via the banks of Caerfa and Humwich.
- You can now purchase parcels in Ben Qarassih and Caerfa.
- Text animations will fade out smoothly.
- You can push monsters that yield less than 100 experience.
- On Tartarus, money loot has been boosted by +20%.
- Yasin will buy premium cards for 3000 gold (aimed at Tartarus).

As usual, constructive criticism and bug reports are welcome in either this thread or on their dedicated forum boards.

Have fun in Zezenia!
Axas
Player

Pharos
Level 50
Mage
9th November 2013 14:14:36

Quoting update:
Fortification - Each point increases your physical defense by 1%. The maximum is 50 talent points.

In-game it says 0.5%. Can you clear that up please?
K-Zodron
Staff

9th November 2013 14:14:51

It's 0.5%, my bad in the update post.
Zaza
Elder Sage

Elysium
Level 275
Mage
9th November 2013 14:45:08

Thanks for all the hard work K-Z. As much as some people bit** and moan about everything we all appreciate what you do and are excited about the update :))
Cheers
Zaza
Farop
Player

Platon
Level 11
Mage
9th November 2013 14:52:34

okay , now open u email ! :s
Jeffy Rodrigues
Player

Platon
Level 77
Warrior
9th November 2013 14:54:07

K-zodron, can you pm me ingame now?
De Bobis
Player

Pharos
Level 110
Mage
9th November 2013 14:54:19

Lvl 107 Mage - Medium - Medium

[12:44:01] Osvald: Your current task is to kill 810 melket bombadiers. Have you completed your task or do you want to cancel?

[12:44:14] Osvald: You wanted a challenge to kill, so kill 560 demons for me. Come back when you have slayed them all!

[12:48:21] Osvald: You wanted a challenge to kill, so kill 850 yetis for me. Come back when you have slayed them all!

[12:48:56] Osvald: You wanted a challenge to kill, so kill 890 demons for me. Come back when you have slayed them all!

Is That right?
Derp
Player

Pharos
Level 252
Mage
9th November 2013 15:05:12

I can't place a marker on the map, seems to be broken at the moment.
Brass Man
Player

Elysium
Level 53
Warrior
9th November 2013 15:16:54 (Last edited 9th November 2013 15:18:11)

Im 12 lvl

[16:09:55] Brass Man: kill
[16:09:55] Osvald: I see, you prefer the hard way, nice! Do you want my challenge to be easy, medium or hard?
[16:09:58] Brass Man: easy
[16:09:58] Osvald: Okay, I will go easy on you then. Should the challenge be short, medium, or long?
[16:10:00] Brass Man: medium
[16:10:00] Osvald: Medium? Alright!
[16:10:00] Osvald: I'm unable to find a proper monster for you, try some other difficulty level.

[16:09:42] Brass Man: kill
[16:09:42] Osvald: I see, you prefer the hard way, nice! Do you want my challenge to be easy, medium or hard?
[16:09:45] Brass Man: medium
[16:09:45] Osvald: Medium? Deal! Should the challenge be short, medium, or long?
[16:09:47] Brass Man: long
[16:09:47] Osvald: Long? You must be brave!
[16:10:00] Osvald: I'm unable to find a proper monster for you, try some other difficulty level.

[16:10:12] Brass Man: easy
[16:10:12] Osvald: Okay, I will go easy on you then. Should the challenge be short, medium, or long?
[16:10:13] Brass Man: long
[16:10:13] Osvald: Long? You must be brave!
[16:10:14] Osvald: You wanted a challenge to collect, so collect 15 cursed scythes for me. Come back and do not forget to bring them all!
[16:10:16] Brass Man: bye

What Im suspossed to do ? I cant kill RC's and dont have any kill tasks...
Brass Man
Player

Elysium
Level 53
Warrior
9th November 2013 15:24:58

Nevermind, I got hard tasks like orcs etc xD
1 2 3
Last »