1 2 3
Show staff replies in this thread
7th December 2013 22:21:42 K-Zodron View post »
K-Zodron
Staff

7th December 2013 15:52:11 (Last edited 7th December 2013 15:58:51)

Zezenia Online has now been updated to version 4.8.1! This is a patch with tweaks and bug fixes to various features in the game. Please read through this announcement carefully for detailed information about the implemented changes.

As usual, a new client version is needed in order to be able to login. The game client should patch itself the next time you try to login. If you are running Windows Vista, 7 or 8 with UAC enabled you are required to launch the client as an administrator for the patcher to work properly. You can of course also simply redownload the client from our Download section.

Improved Market Interface
The market interface has been revamped, with more clear categorization. The categorization is automatic.

Zezenia Online Forum Screenshot

Objectives Log
An objective log can be found in the same dialog as your quest log. Currently the only objectives are leaving Sakanrel for the mainland, and ascending to a subclass. More objectives will be added later.

Blessings
Blessings are the same as the previously used Necklace of Reversal, which is no longer buyable. When blessed you will not lose any items at your next death. Experience, magic level and skill losses are not affected. You can buy a blessing or switch your NoR for a blessing at one of the temple monks or priestesses, buy saying "blessing" or "change necklace of reversal". Note that any existing NoRs will still work. The blessings will also be available on Tartarus, but they will only function in deaths to monsters.

Osvald Changes
The Osvald quest log will now tell you how much training exhaust you still have left. Canceling tasks is free of charge until level 30, and players below level 30 are unable to get collect tasks. Furthermore, collect tasks have been limited to 5 completed ones per day. Osvald has been enabled on PVP-E servers (Tartarus), without any differences to other server types. More monsters and changes to the level brackets will be added during next week.

Other Changes
- Servers will automatically restart for maintenance every Wednesday morning, between 6Am and 7AM GMT. There will be broadcasts ingame several times before the restart.
- Party creation message now contains info how to invite other players, party invite message now contains info about possible playerkilling.
- Notable FPS improvements in client (set limit to 0 in options to test your new maximum).
- Abraham (Sakanrel temple NPC) will have information about leaving to main, the Archduke has a more friendly dialogue and the beginner tip when reaching level 5/6 has been cleared up.
- Support chat channel has an information message at login.
- The shop dialog has been cleaned up a little bit and has some more number details in it.
- Monster diagonal movement is now slower.
- Enraged monsters will spawn properly in red when in-screen, and they count as two kills in Osvald tasks.
- Talent HP/MP will get buffed properly.
- Paralyze will affect Legerity speed as well.
- When switching floors, creatures that are just then moving should no longer be temporarily invisible.
- Some parts that are black on the map would show random graphics buffer data, should now be fixed.
- You will get a message 5 minutes before your premium time expires, rather than after it has expired.

As usual, constructive criticism and bug reports are welcome in either this thread or on their dedicated forum boards.

Have fun in Zezenia!
Yafony
Player

Elysium
Level 219
Warrior
7th December 2013 15:53:58

Nice market now :)

Good Job :)
Katatau
Player

Elysium
Level 5
Mage
7th December 2013 16:12:24

Great, keep going guys ! :D
Akolix
Player

Elysium
Level 231
Warrior
7th December 2013 16:12:24

My FPS is not stable anymore, is this because of the update? I've limited it to 30 for streaming but it's like 30 FPS for a sec or 2 and then it goes below 20.
Agron
Player

Pharos
Level 593
Warrior
7th December 2013 16:17:14

My fps haven't imroved, also having lags now. If its not changing ain't able to play.
Tatis
Player

Elysium
Level 30
Mage
7th December 2013 16:24:44 (Last edited 7th December 2013 16:26:28)

my fps is from 60 to 255 and stable. thats a big improvement.

The only thing i had to do is Direct3D ipv OpenGL. try to mess around a bit with it because not every engine is now good anymore if i use DirectDraw its impossible to play.
Zuinix
Player

Platon
Level 61
Warrior
7th December 2013 16:28:34

Please, Zezenia for mac
Cacomixtle
Sage

Elysium
Level 320
Warrior
7th December 2013 18:16:50 (Last edited 7th December 2013 18:17:11)

Quoting K-Zodron:
Quoting Cacomixtle:
What about a numerical value that displays the total defense of your equipment? it could be added beside the buff/debuff window in the player's inventary.

I suppose that could be a little helpful, but you can also just practice some math in your head. ;)

Zezenia Online Forum Screenshot
Onir Tatar
Player

Elysium
Level 174
Warrior
7th December 2013 18:26:18

Dont agree with change challenge for free until lvl 30 :S
Derp
Player

Pharos
Level 252