1 2
K-Zodron
Staff

19th April 2014 14:37:36 (Last edited 25th April 2014 20:27:21)

New to Zezenia? Register and start playing now for free!

[Previous devlogs: Opening of the Devlog | Second Devlog Entry | House decoration and more]

----------------------------------------

This week we've gotten further with the development of the game content, and progress is being made as the new city nears it's completion and work on the surrounding spawns is underway. If you haven't seen it yet, there is a Map Spawn Suggestions thread started on the Proposals board by Gullalene where you can post your opinions of what new spawns we should create with our existing monster set. Gullalene also snapped a few screenshots of the map progress with the city and surroundings, included below.

Last week I mentioned the addition of automatic events around the warzone. Planning and implementation for them has been started, and right now we're looking to have the following 3 types of events:

Team fights
The server will automatically assign players to teams, balancing them by level. The winner would simply be the last team standing.

Protect the king
A king (or something like that) would hang around in the middle of the warzone, getting raided by monsters from the sides. The players' task is to slay these monsters and keep the king alive as long as possible. Over time, the monsters would increase in difficulty and the reward given at the end would increase.

Capture the flag
Teams of players would battle to keep possession of a flag / flags.

Exact details such as what rewards will be given out, what times the events run on and how the teams are formed are not yet final. Also note that not necessarily all of these events will be implemented, perhaps being replaced by something else we see more fit.

Zezenia Online Forum Screenshot
One of the newly built peasant windmills.

New village.

Flora shop.
Derp
Player

Pharos
Level 252
Mage
19th April 2014 15:29:24 (Last edited 19th April 2014 15:30:12)

I've got to give it to the mappers, that place looks amazing and them new sprites are also really nice, keep up the great work.
Love the sound of some of them events it would add more depth to the warzone and create more of a community.
Corleonee
Player

Pharos
Level 4
Warrior
19th April 2014 16:56:18

Keep it up!

/G
Leary
Player

Pharos
Level 174
Ranger
19th April 2014 17:14:28 (Last edited 19th April 2014 17:15:36)

Very nice !
Keep going with this amazing work !

@K-Zodron
Me (Leary/Sparkusz) and Henry Fluggen (Devilish Eye) want contact you. Is better send an email or create a new thread on "Secret Area" ?
Ryan The Alcomist
Player

Pharos
Level 171
Warrior
19th April 2014 18:26:14

So i take it there is more than 1 city being added?

good work guys keep it up.

Ryan~
Gringo Esperto
Player

Pharos
Level 30
Warrior
19th April 2014 18:42:47

Quoting Ryan The Alcomist:
So i take it there is more than 1 city being added?

good work guys keep it up.

Ryan~

There is only one major city to be added, that will be the New Culthan (will take place as major town of Zezenia over Culthan). However, there will of course be some other villages (not towns) included aswell.
The quality level of the mapping will be quite superior to the level you are used to see in Zezenia, I hope you guys enjoy our effort :)
The Warlockk
Player

Elysium
Level 190
Mage
19th April 2014 19:18:29

Outstanding... very impressive.

In the other hand, what will happen to Caerfa/Geltharia? I'm worried, because Geltharia holds some of the most important spawns for mid levels of the game, will these areas get touched too?

Keep up the good work, very innovating ideas for the game, thats really nice!
Gringo Esperto
Player

Pharos
Level 30
Warrior
19th April 2014 21:13:13

Quoting The Warlockk:
Outstanding... very impressive.

In the other hand, what will happen to Caerfa/Geltharia? I'm worried, because Geltharia holds some of the most important spawns for mid levels of the game, will these areas get touched too?

Keep up the good work, very innovating ideas for the game, thats really nice!

Those will keep untouched for this while. We are still not 100% sure of what we will do to connect those places to New Culthan though, but a boat that is usable to free-account players has been thought of.
Horror Man
Player

Pharos
Level 250
Mage
19th April 2014 23:41:47

Would be more exciting if you tell us when the update will be.
Good work btw.
Gugaitta
Player

Elysium
Level 227
Warrior
19th April 2014 23:49:08

Good images
but..where the update?
3 years for update..ridicule
1 2