21st June 2014 14:52:57 K-Zodron View post »
21st June 2014 15:20:54 K-Zodron View post »
21st June 2014 18:35:47 K-Zodron View post »
21st June 2014 18:44:33 K-Zodron View post »
26th June 2014 13:57:47 K-Zodron View post »
K-Zodron
Staff

21st June 2014 14:42:42

Finally the day has come to release a major Zezenia Online update, version 4.9.0! This update includes both new technical features, such as the buff bars and improved guild wars, and new content, such as new monsters, areas and items.

To play you must first update your client. If the automatic ingame patcher does not work (try running your client as administrator), you can redownload the game client from the website's Download section.

Perhaps the most notable change is the discovery of a new city, Ellaria, which has become the capital city of Zezenia. Culthan, now called the Culthan Ruins, has been abandoned by all the NPCs in favor of the new, bigger and better located capital city. The Culthan Ruins are, however, still accessible via boat, and all the player houses there are still intact (although not biddable if ownership is lost). We have also expanded hunting areas on the other continents based on player feedback, and added new areas with new monsters, which of course drop new loot. Some existing monsters were slightly adjusted as well in terms of stats and loot, so be careful with them! There are also a number of new quests, and the feature changes described below.

House decoration & other house changes
House owners can now access the new Decoration tab. All furniture (beds, chairs, ...) has been removed from houses to allow for better customization via the new house decoration system. In the future we will of course expand the decoration selection, especially with items that you can hang on your walls. From now on, house bidding is done with premium cards instead of gold. Caerfa and Ben Qarassih houses are split to their own NPCs, which are the bankers in their respective cities.

Buff bars
Buff bars have been added, meaning you will see the time remaining for your buffs live on your game screen. The colors in use are blue for speed buffs, red for negative buffs like curse and paralyze and green for the remaining general purpose buffs. You can hover the buff bars to see the exact time left and the name of the buff in a tooltip.

Monster loot messages
You will see a loot message when you kill a monster, both on your game screen and in the Main chat channel. Note that no message is shown if the monster doesn't drop anything. All players who gain experience from that particular monster will receive the loot message.

Automatic opening of containers
Containers (your bags and backpacks) will open automatically when you login and are placed at the same positions as when you last played. Note that the containers and their positions are character and computer-specific.

Market buy offers
The market now has buy offers, which cost 50 gold to add, just like the sell offers. When making a new sell or buy offer, the server will automatically try to match existing offers to make immediate trades. It will always look for the most expensive possible trade. The list of items available for buy offers is updated at the weekly server restarts (on Wednesdays), based on past sell offers.

Guild management & wars
Guilds are now managed ingame via the Guild Dialog, openable via CTRL+G or by pressing Guilds in the Actions sidewindow. One notable change to the guilds is that the leadership is longer required to remain premium, but the creation of a guild costs a one-time fee of 10 premium cards. Guild wars are also managed via an ingame GUI, and a few new features have been added, such as the loyalty code and loss fee.

Most of the stuff should be fairly straight-forward to use, but if you feel lost, we have released articles about the guild management and guilds wars in our Game Manual.

Quivers
Fletchers now sell quivers for 300 gold. Quivers are containers that rangers can place in their hand slot instead of arrows and bolts, and can instead place the ammunition inside the quiver, reducing the need to restock the ammunition slot repeatedly during battle.

Challenge Tasks
There is a new Challenge Task NPC in the new capital, called Thorvald. You can have tasks with both Osvald (Bersund) and Thorvald (Ellaria) at the same time, however, please note that if you get the same kill task each kill will only count towards one of the tasks, and the training exhausts apply to both NPCs at the same time. Adjustments have also been made to the task monster selection, with the addition of some newbie monsters, some very tough monsters and slight adjustments to most of the difficulty level brackets.

Enraged monster loot
Enraged monsters will sometimes drop special items, which are mostly just of decorative purpose. The items that they drop depend in which experience bracket the monster is in (300-799, 800-2999 and 3000+). Monsters that yield less than 300 experience points do not drop any special enraged loot. Additionally, the droprate of regular items is now higher in enraged monsters.

Bugfixes & tweaks
- Citizenship of Ellaria and Caerfa no longer quest dependent (to get citizenship, just ask the temple NPC)
- Small adjustments to some subclass quests, due to the map changes
- Extended duration of some multi-framed spell animations
- Up to 4 on-screen messages can show at once
- Amount of experience lost and dropped item name is displayed in "death messages"
- Added in-client status notifications (login screen)
- Proper wordwrap for too long broadcasts and onscreen-messages
- Display spell cooldown seconds
- Show level requirement in potion look
- Fixed looking at shop items
- Warzone deaths leave a corpse
- Fixed client freeze bug when logging out while there area animations on-screen
- Added Weak Healing as default spell to F1 for new client installations
- Added smooth fadein at login
- Added smooth floor fadein/fadeout (can be disabled in Options dialog)
- Slowed down diagonal movement animation to smooth it out and remove the pause (can be disabled in Options dialog)
- 0 experience monsters (dogs, chickens) no longer follow like other monsters
- Increased preview size in outfit change dialog
- Split Options dialog under Interface and Graphics
- Spell exhaust penalty limited to 300ms, holding hotkey down no longer works by default
- Fixed hidden last offer in Market lists
- Market offers expire after 14 days
- Fixed a crash bug when closing the Market
- Fixed experience counter reset button triggering while experience calculator minimized
- Fixed stacks dropping on ground if inventory slot already full
- Fixed stacking items in container if container full
- Added Shift+Drag to move 1 item from stack
- Subcontainers will also be taken into account when adding items to player (for example when buying from a shop)
- Fixed delay in container closing
- Fixed inconsistencies in spell books
- Tooltips close when mouse moves 5px rather than 1px
- On-screen messages are displayed over dialogs
- Multiple level advancement messages are grouped into one
- Fixed premium zone coordinates (so you get properly thrown out of Karkkila when out of premium for example)
- Drums can be played
- Copying URLs will show a warning about possible hacks
- Improved ingame report system

If you encounter any bugs or problems with the new update, please post here or e-mail us at support@zezeniaonline.com as soon as possible. Also don't forget to stay tuned to our Devlog board in the coming weeks to learn more about the next update, which we're already working on!

Have fun in Zezenia!
Pombo
Player

Elysium
Level 153
Warrior
21st June 2014 14:44:09

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goucci
Player

Elysium
Level 185
Warrior
21st June 2014 14:48:07

"The graphics file zezenia.gfx is old - please reinstall your client"
When i download a new game, when i try to patch send me a msg that im already with a zezenia opened..
Ritari
Elder Sage

Pharos
Level 445
Warrior
21st June 2014 14:52:35

Quoting Goucci:
When i download a new game, when i try to patch send me a msg that im already with a zezenia opened..

same here :(
Mockingbiird
Player

Pharos
Level 94
Warrior
21st June 2014 14:52:55

I've got 2 erros.

When i download from website.

When i update from client.
"An instance of Zezenia Online is Already running. Playing on multiple characteres at the same time is not permitted.

I cant' play.
K-Zodron
Staff

21st June 2014 14:52:57

Quoting Goucci:

If you get problems with the .gfx file, try downloading the ZIP version of the client and manually updating the zezenia.gfx to the Program Files folder, or run the client as administrator (Right click on Zezenia -> Run as administrator).
Ritari
Elder Sage

Pharos
Level 445
Warrior
21st June 2014 14:55:02 (Last edited 21st June 2014 14:55:58)

Quoting K-Zodron:
Quoting Goucci:

If you get problems with the .gfx file, try downloading the ZIP version of the client and manually updating the zezenia.gfx to the Program Files folder, or run the client as administrator (Right click on Zezenia -> Run as administrator).

manually updating the .gfx didnt work either =S

e. Manually updating the .gfx + running the client as administrator did the trick! It's working now
Balamor
Player

Pharos
Level 147
Mage
21st June 2014 14:58:16

Fix the client... cuz new players can't play.
Cartujo
Sage

Elysium
Level 212
Warrior
21st June 2014 15:00:48

i found kind of bug , when i use copy to copy paste it froze, i reinstall client from web, then when i copy got fixed but now when i paste it froze
Balamor
Player

Pharos
Level 147
Mage
21st June 2014 15:07:18

Tell us when u fix it..
1 2 3
Last »