Show staff replies in this thread
19th October 2018 17:31:05 GM Quillon View post »
Iconic Bane
Player

Elysium
Level 22
Mage
19th October 2018 12:26:55 (Last edited 19th October 2018 19:22:53)

Hello, I decided to make a small guide for newcomers, I saw some people asking about guides and what not. So here is a small one to get people started.

Useful Tips: Pick up all loot, cast spells constantly to get magic level, Equipment Scattered Around (Picture Below), Don't be afraid to ask
for help!

Beginning: When you first login, you will find yourself in the Eidos temple. Right away you will want to talk to the NPC
"Jasmine" and ask her to help. She will ask you to kill 5 creeps. Head east a little bit and you will see a sewer. Go down
and kill 5 creeps. Once finished, head back to Jasmine and tell her "help" again. You will recieve
a small reward, and also ask you to bring a "note" to Geoff located in the depot. Head east again, this time past the sewer,
and you will find the NPC Geoff. Simply say "note" to him and you will recieve some experience.

Scattered Items
Zezenia Online Forum Screenshot

Now to start Arne's tasks Questline. Head north from the depot into a building and you will find Arne. Ask him for a task, you
will need to kill 50 rats. You can find rats on the 2nd floor of the depot using the stairs located near the boat. Keep going up
and you will find rats, along with chests thats give some small experience and gold. Once finished killing all the rats, head
back to Arne and tell him "task" and you will recieve some skills for your efforts. Take the next task from Arne which will be
to kill 50 Cave Crabs.

Head back to the temple, and find a NPC named William. Ask him for a mission and he will ask you to kill 30 Cave Crabs. Now you
have the 50 and 30 to kill. You can find Cave Crabs in the picture below. You will want to buy some potions at this point, using
the gold you have gotten, buy as many mana ampuoles as you can. (As a mage this is really helpful, Warriors and Rangers use for
small healing). NPC Desterian is right near the hole your about to go down to kill crabs. Do his small task for a fishing rod,
fish yourself some food.

Cave Crabs

Now as a Mage killing the Cave Crabs, simply just use your wand to kill them, do not cast spells as being a low
level, your wand eats up your mana already, in this cave you can do a nice rotation non stop killing just using your wand. As a
Warrior and Ranger, keep mana for healing. Once you have killed the total of 80 Cave Crabs, go turn into William first as he is
on your way to Arne. Arne will again give you some skills for your efforts. Ask for a task again, which will now be 50 Crabs.

You can find crabs in the picture below along with a small rotation that you can kill them all in a lap and a half. As a mage you
can start to use sting strike here. Again, you will always want to restock mana ampuoles with all the gold you get right now no
matter what Class you are playing. Once you have killed all the 50 Crabs, head back to Arne and turn it in for more skills. Again,
ask for another task and this time will be to kill 75 Orknies.

How to get to Crabs and Rotation

*Note: You will need Level 10 to Start the Orknie Task.

You can find Orknies in the picture below. Its important here to make sure you have some equipment filling in those black slots.
Orknies can hit a bit hard for new players that are not equipped. *See the equipment scattered around picture*
These are a good source of gold income, so before heading here, you may want to buy yourself a backpack from the NPC Forthwind,
which is located south-eastern corner of the depot, to store all that juicy gold you will get. Once done killing the 75 Orknies,
AGAIN (I know its repetative ain't it?) turn it in back at Arne for some more skills.

Orknie Spawn

*Note: You will gain more skills with each task you do from Arne. As you progress, you get more skill % for the task. So do not worry.

Ask Arne for another task, damn guy has so many tasks I know, this time will be to kill 75 Orcs. You can find Orcs in the picture below,along with a rotation. This is another one of those spawns where you do not want to rush the kills. So Mages, back to those sexy old wand hits. (if you want to save supplies and not waste out your yinyang). Once done killing head back to Arne and turn this in for more skills, and ask him for a task again, now you will need to kill 75 Hornets.

Orc Spawn

* AGAIN DO NOT FORGET TO RESTOCK YOUR MANA AMPUOLES *
*Note: You need level 15 to get the Hornet Task from Arne.

You can find hornets in the picture below. Mages use sting strike here. Try not to gather to many of them. You can pretty much run the outskirts of this spawn and non stop kill them. They drop some nice gold as well. Once do killing 75, guess what? You got it! Back to Arne! Get some more skills as your reward.

Hornet Spawn

Now comes some level grinding. You will notice Arne has no more tasks for you at this moment after turning in the Hornets. DO NOT WORRY. My best advice to all classes, is get level 15-20 at Dark Monks. You may ask yourself why, well, they are an AMAZING monster to profit for beginners. They drop mass amounts of gold coins, bronze chain mail skirts (400gp at NPC), haubergeon's (400gp at NPC), maces (350gp) even potential of dropping heat staffs (1.6k at NPC). Mages can hunt here with sting strike. Bring a couple backpacks for your loot.
Restock supplies when needed. I provided a picture of how to get to Dark Monks below.

Dark Monks

You should now be level 20. Go back to Arne and take a new task! He will give you 100 Leprechauns to kill. Below you can find a picture to
Leprechauns. Now before killing those green terds, you will want to take the boat from Eidos to Ellaria. You are now going to find Thorvald.
Below is a picture how to get to him from the boat. Once at Thorvald, ask him for a task, then Kill, then Hard, Long. You can cancel tasks for free up to level 30, so my advice is to keep canceling the tasks and getting new ones until you get Dark Monks. (Good Money Maker)

Leprechauns

Now back to Arnes Task...Be careful here, mages especially. Try not to hoard a bunch of them. These drop good gold coins and gold bars. After killing 100 Leprechauns, head back to Arne and get some more skills, and ask him for another task which will be to kill 100 Ghouls. Below I provided a link where to kill Ghouls.

Ghoul Spawn
http://zezenium.com/maps/respawns/ei/ghouls.html

After killing 100 Ghouls go back to Arne, get your skills again. Don't worry about asking him for another task at this point. Now you will want to complete your very First Thorvald Task. Hopefully you got your big amount of Dark Monks to kill. Below is a link to a better Dark Monk Spawn then the one in Eidos. You can of course goto the spawn in Eidos, its not a problem either. Once you are finished your task, go back to Thorvald and turn your first task for skills. No matter what class you are, turn your very first task in for skills. Grab another kill hard long task.

Thorvald

Now you will want to go back to Arne and ask him for a task which will now be to kill 125 Cave Terros. Below is a link to a cave terror spawn. Once complete get your skills again.

Cave Terrors
http://zezenium.com/maps/respawns/ei/cave_terrors.html

Now ask Arne for another task. He will tell you to kill 125 Melket Scouts. Below is a link to the spawn. It is a good idea at this point to make sure you have some gear on yourself. Mages keep a distance from these things. Once complete head back to Arne and get more skills.

Melket Scout
http://zezenium.com/maps/respawns/ei/melket_scouts.html

Now you cannot recieve the last and final task from Arne until you are level 30.

Complete your task that you got again from Thorvald now. If you are a Warrior. My advice is to save it once you are complete it, to turn it in for Training again once your exhaust is up. If you are a mage, take experience or gold. Rangers do the same thing a Warrior would do.

*Note: You can also visit Osvald in Bersund. And grab a task from him as well, and have 2 tasks going at the same time.
Osvald
Zezenia Online Forum ScreenshotZezenia Online Forum Screenshot

Once you grind your way to level 30, it is time to get your Subclass! Below is a link to a page where you can find quests for each subclass. Once you get your subclass, time to head back to Arne and complete the 150 Vampires he asks you to kill. Below also is link to the vampire spawn. Once complete head back to Arne turn it in for your last bit of Skills, and now you will also get an Outfit for completing all the tasks.

Subclass
http://zezenium.com/quests/subclasses+quests.html

Vampires
http://zezenium.com/maps/respawns/ei/vampires.html

You now have completed your way to level 30 and gotten a subclass. Congratz! From here hopefully you have the basics on lock down and can proceed throughout your Zezenian Journey.

Best of Luck all!
Rage
Sage

Pharos
Level 371
Warrior
19th October 2018 17:14:30

Very nice. Let me know if you want to start a new fan site. I'd be happy to help in anyway! Guides like these have not existed in this game and I feel this is why new comers have such a hard time playing or staying in the game.8)
Ardent
Player

Elysium
Level 50
Mage
19th October 2018 17:20:32

Quoting Sorahp Warrior:
Very nice. Let me know if you want to start a new fan site. I'd be happy to help in anyway! Guides like these have not existed in this game and I feel this is why new comers have such a hard time playing or staying in the game.8)

quillons fansite is the only fansite as long as hes in the staff lol, nobody have access to game information like he does
GM Quillon
Game Master

19th October 2018 17:31:05

Thread sticked

Quoting Ardent:
Quoting Sorahp Warrior:

quillons fansite is the only fansite as long as hes in the staff lol, nobody have access to game information like he does

I made my site before I joined Zezenia Team, sadly since I joined developing team I have no so much time to update zezenium. Anyway there still few players with access to my fansite, sadly most of them do not have time to update it.

-- Quillon
Iconic Bane
Player

Elysium
Level 22
Mage
19th October 2018 19:19:44 (Last edited 19th October 2018 19:31:28)

Wow. Wasn't expecting to see it get a sticky on the forums. Glad this helps. I'd be more than willing to start a website. But zezenium is already there. Maybe if the owner of the site wants, I can put in some full time work on the site itself. I can go through it and make sure information is more accurate, add some things, some simple money making guides for example, better loot statistics, good places for exp, god places for gold, anything that players even could add. If allowed I can write out solutions to certain quests that currently do not have a guide on how to do them.

All in all, I am more then happy and willing to help in anyway I can. Just let me know what I can do!
Iconic Bane
Player

Elysium
Level 22
Mage
19th October 2018 19:34:30

Thank you, but the beginner tutorial I find very easy to get through, and is explained quite nice. I notice through some years that this is the biggest problem new players have , is getting started and to level 30, also not really knowing what to do or where to go after getting to the mainland. Hopefully I have eliminated that option. I would like to see this game grow.
Meridiuz
Player

Everest
Level 227
Ranger
19th October 2018 20:19:04

Even though you done a good job, I wouldn't waste your time sadly.
Yhwach
Player

Elysium
Level 352
Ranger
21st October 2018 15:59:13

Excellent guide, good initiative