« First
7 8 9
This thread has been locked by a moderator.
Xutlach
Player

Pharos
Level 33
Mage
14th December 2018 14:01:20

arrow volley can't be nerfed, it is already very difficult to hit the target, and is weak

taunt - after you use the taunt on the target, the target can not use mana potions for 2 ~ 3 seconds

rogues - instead of putting a spell of 67% critical chance, invent something new, like a life regen for 20 seconds healing something around 100 per second

should invent more spells of damage to the rangers
Ancientt
Player

Pharos
Level 109
Ranger
16th December 2018 00:18:50

should invent more creative spells to all classes, example:

- shaman - life regen for x seconds healing something around x per second

- rangers - arrow rain, same area from advanced soul fire

- paladin - shared pain

- barbarian - something like "utori kor", to make the target bleed, and when the barbaro follows the bleeding target, he has increased speed

etc
Poladin
Player

Pharos
Level 70
Warrior
18th December 2018 09:14:43

You should erase everything Quillion did to this game and remove his position. That would surely be a good first step.
Hanstein
Player

Elysium
Level 203
Warrior
18th December 2018 17:12:39

Bring back the old amount of healing for the paladins, it is really shit now, barbarians deal lot's of damage and heals almost the same...

or put melee incrising spell for paladins too :)
Bohemiian
Player

Pharos
Level 59
Mage
18th December 2018 19:09:34

I think we are losing the idea of the subclasses here.
Support classes: Help friends or debuff their targets.
Damage/Assassin classes: GIve damage on their targets, have low defense.

About mages;
Pyromancer = Damage/Assassin
Shaman = Support
Warlock = Hybrid

About rangers;
Rogue = Damage/Assassin
Marksman = Support

About warriors;
Barbarian = Damage/Assassin
Paladin = Support

Things like, reduce damage of pyromancers on pvp, and give buffs on damge for shamans are just stupid.
Shaman Hailstorm could stop gives damage and starts give a slow (ice, snow, got it?) on the target. Its a support subclass.
Marksman shouldnt have a critical spells. Its a support subclass.
Rogues should not be able to use walls. Its an assassin class.

Re-post from another thread.
Hanstein
Player

Elysium
Level 203
Warrior
18th December 2018 19:56:32

Okay, give me the chance to change my class so, i'll become a barbarian, i'll not be a mage's support, i play alone
Katsu Matsu
Player

Elysium
Level 90
Warrior
18th December 2018 22:06:10

Quoting Hanstein:
Okay, give me the chance to change my class so, i'll become a barbarian, i'll not be a mage's support, i play alone

indeed lmao! only pvp related shit going on.. R.I.P people who are paladins.. not normal damage like barbarians, and the same healing as barbarians -.-

ps: changing classes should be a feature all time :P
Saiga
Player

Pharos
Level 154
Warrior
8th January 2019 21:37:51 (Last edited 8th January 2019 22:06:22)

A large part of this games pvp balance issues come from the combat system being deeply rooted in tibia's without fully understanding how it was balanced.

In tibia, the differences in the classes pvp roles were primarily balanced through the games weight system. (capacity system)
Zezenia opted to not have a system like this as it was seen as nothing but a nuisance that would also cause obvious similarities between the two games. As a result of this and a lack of other limits on the supplies players can carry, sustained dps classes like rangers are ignored in favor of burst classes like the various mage types.

In Zezenia's current state, sustained damage is very undervalued in pvp.

Another key difference is how the world turns are divided in the two games. Tibia has 5 separate world cool downs, an item cool down, a support spell cool down (ie challenge on a knignt), a heal spell cool down, an attack spell cool down and an auto attack cool down. Depending on what item you used, it might take from one of the 3 spell turns. Most of the other cool downs reset the auto attack cooldown.

Zezenia, once again simplified this system by using less cool downs. Zezenia has an auto attack cool down, a spell cool down that's shared between all spell types based on cast time (spell combo system) and of course the item cool down. Zezenias cool downs dont effect each other in anyway, however the games spells aren't necessarily balanced around this fact. (Ie: being able to cure paralysis and recast haste in the same turn effectively making paralysis useless endgame with item comboes) Another issue comes from the fact that you cant heal and use attack spells at the same time, so if you receive enough damage you effectively can no longer use your attack spells as you need to focus on healing and thusly lose a large part of your damage output. This severely inhibits your ability to make a comeback in a pvp matchup and supports the basic gameplay of numbers win everything. (this issue mainly effects sustain classes as combo classes ie: mages only lose their instant cast to make room for a heal spell)

This post isnt about making the game more like tibia. It's about the root of zezenias simplified systems that create issues in the game. These are fixable by adding unique limitations and changes while also keeping the game different from tibia's original systems.

Some possible solutions:
-----------------------------------------
1,Have health and mana potions be separate from bag space (unique slot in equipment window) with a maximum carry able amount of each based on player level and class (mages could have a higher mana potion count than warriors for example)

Please also note that mana potions are used far more often than health potions in this game, so the mana potion limit should obviously be considerably higher than the health potion limit or else hunts would be very short and unrewarding.

This would make sustain damage relevant in pvp again as well as allow more exciting and engaging strategies in pve hunts as you now have to plan around self sustainment limitations

2. Re work the games world cool downs or some of the spells around existing cool downs to allow all classes to heal without throwing away their sustain damage potential completely.

3. Add more diverse consumables to counter the cooldown balance issue. (Maybe useable attack items like throwable bombs or traps to add variety and new mechanics to the gameplay)

I know the solution ideas are a bit unspecific and vague, but I encourage everyone to develop these ideas and add their own as the issues discussed in this post heavily hinder the games balance in it's current state.

EDIT

I'm aware that potion limitations would greatly influence pve in this game, so I came up with an alternative. Have slots in a pvp load out window (like a limited slot bag window basically) that you can stick potions in as long as you aren't pzed. When you become pzed you will only be able to use potions from this window and you wont be able to reload this window until the pz lock is gone. This way pve remains unchanged, griefing is discouraged, and health and mana potions are not limitless in pvp situations. The slot limit again could be based on level and class as well as what type of potion can go in each slot.
« First
7 8 9