1 2
The Warlockk
Player

Elysium
Level 190
Mage
28th November 2018 05:16:39 (Last edited 29th November 2018 03:14:04)

Sup, brothas from another mothers.

Recently, upon our feeeback, Staff has decided to reduce the party experience bonus.
Previously: 20% bonus per player, capping at 120% bonus with 6 people.
Now it's half: 10% bonus per player, capping at 60% with 6 people.

Now into the drive of this POLL:
1. What should be the limit of party experience bonus? 60%? 80%? 100%?

2. How should be the progression of the bonus? Equal per player? Based off diminushing returns logic?

For example, should it increase equally per player until it reaches the cap or should it start with a high %, decreasing as more players are added (e.g. 30% two players, 45% three players, 60% four players, 70% 5 players, 80% six players)????

Please keep the proper subject in this thread and bring up your honest opinion with something that would provide a fair gameplay for everyone, from lonewolves to large teams, with an even scenario. Staff is active and listenng to us, so let's help them attain feedback based off our empiric experience, since we actually play the game.
The Warlockk
Player

Elysium
Level 190
Mage
28th November 2018 05:25:53

Now, my own feedback:

1. 80%
Because I believe 120% was wayyy too much, and I feel like 60% is too low, while anythng above 80% would be too high of a bonus value.

2. Staged % starting high and decreasing bonus gain as more players are added.
Because, in pvp servers, the more players you have hunting with you, the more protection you have against player attacks, meaning less chances of bei g bothered by enemies.

In the other hand, hunting in a small group of 2-5 total, your protection isn't so high, you are vulnerable to being attacked by enemies, your chances of surviving a sneak are very low, thus you should be more rewarded.

Higher risk, higher reward. Lower risk, lower the reward.

Not to mention that Zezenia respawns arent usually meant to have 10+ people hunting together, and whenever that happens, it's a "follow characters" party, with a lot of walking barrels blocking your passage
Huligan
Player

Pharos
Level 196
Warrior
28th November 2018 05:53:41

Here we have little diffrent thinking but you are still a brother from an other mother. #Zezeniablood

I will now copy a part from another post i made few days ago.

Some exemples stated down below showing party-hunting was balanced.
Warrior 60+ get around 1kk / h at kpunda Yahgans.
Mages 60+ get around 1kk+/ h at kpunda Yahgans.
Mages (full combo) get around 900 k / h Dire boar.
Mages (full combo) get around 800 k / h Kidramu.
Mage Pyromancer (full combo) Melket Bombadier 1,1 kk / h.
Mage Pyromancer (full combo) Dire boar 1,2 - 1,3 kk / h.
Ranger exp slower and can get around 740 k / h if spamming spells. (Even more waste then mage if no loot.) Why they exp slower? Since Zezenia solo hunting is so much about AOE damage. Would it be good to give ranger AOE damage? No I would say change the party-hunting system to the better again.

Zezenia had a nice idea to have good exp / h with team-hunting sticking out from other 2D games but now we are back to same as other games. Many new players liked the old system, sad it was changed.

I think they should change back to the old system or taking mine down below.
If 2 people in a party +20%,
if 3 people in a party +40%
if 4 people in a party +55%
if 5 people in a party +70%
if 6 people in a party +80%
if 7 people in a party +90%
if 8 people in a party +100%
if 9+ people in a party +110%

Higher risk, higher reward. Lower risk, lower the reward. Yea i understand your point of view but i think it fit better for Zezenia too have that the guys who gonna sneak need to think twice before going for a big team hunt gang. It also open up for nice battles. You taking away much of the boring solo grinding aswell (really good for newcommers), think about all hours you need to spend solo anyways in Zezenia, if you gonna gathering, brewing and more. Let people hunt together and dont copy other games thats my suggestion. Old system also made rangers togehter getting good exp. With the change Rangers back to slower exp, Warrior and Mages got out most of this change.
Baltas
Player

Pharos
Level 362
Mage
28th November 2018 07:18:17

It's an option to team hunt or not to team hunt. The thing is if there are 2 guys hunting. Both of them manage to do 1000 damage per 5seconds in a solo hunt. If they both will manage to do 1000 damage per 5seconds in team hunt, no matter what bonus is, they will reach higher exp/h. It might be a problem that there are lots of hunt places which are only enough for solo hunting. But if in party hunt your exp decreases a lot, it means someone is not pushing too much. You are lvl 200 mage comboing in solo hunts and team hunts, u call lvl 100 ranger who semi afks, sometimes forgets to atk, shoots just arrows when shooting. And lvl 200 mage sees his exp/h drop. That's normal. Because guess what - that lvl 100 ranger is getting boost because of you. Everyone benefits only then, when everyone puts the same effort. And in party hunt your efforts splits to everyone. As everyones efforts splits with u. A guy was making 100k exp/h while being semi afk. Then he started to shoot comboes in 5 people hunt and his exp went up to 110k/h. He started to think maybe its not worth. Maybe its not for him, but those who were in party just saw free exp boost. If everyone will push, u will get nice boost, but people don't push too much once their efforts splits.

I would maybe agree that boost could be regressive, but I hate the fact that people just got used to millions exp/h doing safe cheap hunts.
Pogmage
Player

Pharos
Level 19
Mage
28th November 2018 09:26:18

Quoting Baltas:
It's an option to team hunt or not to team hunt. The thing is if there are 2 guys hunting. Both of them manage to do 1000 damage per 5seconds in a solo hunt. If they both will manage to do 1000 damage per 5seconds in team hunt, no matter what bonus is, they will reach higher exp/h. It might be a problem that there are lots of hunt places which are only enough for solo hunting. But if in party hunt your exp decreases a lot, it means someone is not pushing too much. You are lvl 200 mage comboing in solo hunts and team hunts, u call lvl 100 ranger who semi afks, sometimes forgets to atk, shoots just arrows when shooting. And lvl 200 mage sees his exp/h drop. That's normal. Because guess what - that lvl 100 ranger is getting boost because of you. Everyone benefits only then, when everyone puts the same effort. And in party hunt your efforts splits to everyone. As everyones efforts splits with u. A guy was making 100k exp/h while being semi afk. Then he started to shoot comboes in 5 people hunt and his exp went up to 110k/h. He started to think maybe its not worth. Maybe its not for him, but those who were in party just saw free exp boost. If everyone will push, u will get nice boost, but people don't push too much once their efforts splits.

I would maybe agree that boost could be regressive, but I hate the fact that people just got used to millions exp/h doing safe cheap hunts.

+1

Thank you for that !! You summarized everything i always felt about team hunting.
Di Bobiz
Player

Pharos
Level 149
Mage
28th November 2018 13:29:06 (Last edited 28th November 2018 13:54:18)

I think EXP SHARED mustn't do many experience for many people but need be great for 3 or 4 people.

I think they should change to:
If 2 people in a party +20%
if 3 people in a party +40%
if 4 people in a party +55%
if 5 people in a party +60%
Casted
Player

Pharos
Level 416
Mage
28th November 2018 13:43:12

Quoting Baltas:

Just because it looks a certain way on paper doesn’t mean it translates in to real world situations.

I would say 20% each with a max of 4 players or if people think thats too strong, 15% each with a max of 5 players.

Currently it’s worse to hunt in a party.
Wallex
Player

Elysium
Level 395
Warrior
28th November 2018 14:13:16

Quoting Baltas:
The thing is if there are 2 guys hunting. Both of them manage to do 1000 damage per 5seconds in a solo hunt. If they both will manage to do 1000 damage per 5seconds in team hunt, no matter what bonus is, they will reach higher exp/h.

It's not simple as that. You must bring other variables to the table, time spent looting, time spent walking between monsters, monster life total, monster density. When you kill faster, you spend proportionally more time looting and moving from one monster to another. Some place you might even need to stop and wait for respaw.
Anuel Ft
Player

Pharos
Level 613
Mage
29th November 2018 01:05:45

Quoting Belgra:
Quoting Baltas:
The thing is if there are 2 guys hunting. Both of them manage to do 1000 damage per 5seconds in a solo hunt. If they both will manage to do 1000 damage per 5seconds in team hunt, no matter what bonus is, they will reach higher exp/h.

It's not simple as that. You must bring other variables to the table, time spent looting, time spent walking between monsters, monster life total, monster density. When you kill faster, you spend proportionally more time looting and moving from one monster to another. Some place you might even need to stop and wait for respaw.

You're right. Baltas is a smart person, but he makes the math based on paper.
In reality, you dont get those results.

This nerf, made teamhunting POINTLESS. Its horrible.
I think they only had to lower the cap of playes. Make it 4 instead of 6. ( ONLY AN EXAMPLE )

Anyway, i think this should be fixed ASAP.
Baltas
Player

Pharos
Level 362
Mage
29th November 2018 07:14:22

Quoting Sonnema:
Quoting Belgra:
Quoting Baltas:

You're right. Baltas is a smart person, but he makes the math based on paper.
In reality, you dont get those results.

This nerf, made teamhunting POINTLESS. Its horrible.
I think they only had to lower the cap of playes. Make it 4 instead of 6. ( ONLY AN EXAMPLE )

Anyway, i think this should be fixed ASAP.

I could say something more "on paper".

Imagine 1 monster has amount of hp to die by 2 full comboes.
One person makes 2 full comboes - he gets 100% of the monster exp.
If 2 same lvl people go hunt there - they will have to make 1 combo each. And they will get 55% exp of the monster. So every 2 comboes will give 110% of the exp. Same damage made by player in both cases, same supplies spent - exp raised 10%. Which means if everyone does their part - its cheaper to get experience in a party.

Yes, Belgra, I fully understand variables. Even targeting new monster adds up, running to another monster etc etc. That's the reason I was pretty much always luring in magus hunts, demonic ent hunts etc etc. Because if I stayed behind the blocker, everyone could say Baltas high lvl, Baltas steal exp. But I did my part. Not only damage wise. That's the reason why people hunt monsters, which has more hp and are closer to each other.

Warriors are better than warlocks in crowded place when hunting solo. Because they move few sqm and starts to aoe. Warlocks are better in places where monsters seperated, because they click atk and go to another monster while running. Warriors cant do it, but warlocks/shamans/rangers do not benefit having several monsters on them.

People choose hunt spots according to their voc. You won't see a smart ranger/warlock/shaman in dire boars/summoners (unless its a task), and you wont see a smart warrior/pyromancer in lince ghosts (unless its a task) because of that reason.
1 2