Wallex
Player

Elysium
Level 395
Warrior
12th December 2018 03:42:06

Quoting The Warlockk:
I am against it, it would only benefit botters

WTH? How a quality of life change would benefit botters? What is the difference for a bot if a key is set to F1 or Q?

People on this forum are getting neurotic about bot and forgetting the game is meant to be enjoyable for the players. The goal of a game is to be fun to play, not to be completely free of bots.

I have a suggestion that might solve your problem, uninstall Zezenia and you will never have to deal with Zezenia botters 8)
The Warlockk
Player

Elysium
Level 190
Mage
12th December 2018 03:52:44

Quoting Belgra:
Quoting The Warlockk:

WTH? How a quality of life change would benefit botters? What is the difference for a bot if a key is set to F1 or Q?

People on this forum are getting neurotic about bot and forgetting the game is meant to be enjoyable for the players. The goal of a game is to be fun to play, not to be completely free of bots.

I have a suggestion that might solve your problem, uninstall Zezenia and you will never have to deal with Zezenia botters 8)

Some automated macros are created assigning certain keyboard keys as hotkeys.

For example, player that uses macro is unable to press T, or X, or whatever keyboard key.

If Zezenia lets players customize hotkeys, macroers and botters will have a free way to benefit from it, since being unable to press some hotkey wont change a thing.

No to this change.
Wallex
Player

Elysium
Level 395
Warrior
12th December 2018 04:01:03

I don't know if i'm stupid or you. Can you give a better explanation? How can this only benefit botters?
Numbz
Player

Pharos
Level 197
Mage
12th December 2018 11:53:32

Quoting The Warlockk:
Quoting Belgra:
Quoting The Warlockk:

Some automated macros are created assigning certain keyboard keys as hotkeys.

For example, player that uses macro is unable to press T, or X, or whatever keyboard key.

If Zezenia lets players customize hotkeys, macroers and botters will have a free way to benefit from it, since being unable to press some hotkey wont change a thing.

No to this change.

you must not be familiar with how computers work...
Perseus
Player

Elysium
Level 219
Ranger
12th December 2018 13:22:44 (Last edited 12th December 2018 13:23:54)

You mean to tell me, that I cannot use my gaming mouse software (As I bought it for) to enhance my gaming experience? Gaming mouse software comes with Macro Functions. (Recording, Remapping Keys, Setting keys to do other keys functions).
I get its considered 3rd party software but I mean, these are what these Mouses are for.... this is why people buy them, to enhance their gaming. Why are we not allowed to use it? We can in other games, that also say no 3rd party software, and allow it.... but not this one?
Fix the rules.
Administration
Staff

12th December 2018 17:09:03

Common sense applies to rule #5: simple remapping of keys is not against the rules. We will certainly consider adding remapping options into the client.
1 2