1 2
Volvo V
Player

Elysium
Level 261
Mage
29th December 2018 20:09:07 (Last edited 29th December 2018 20:32:43)

Why mages got defense nerfed?!

is it harder to get now?

and where is the compensation for those mages how played yaers for his/her old skill lost?

i think that could be a compensation on our magic level.

thanks for your attetion.
Shadowzin
Premium

Pharos
Level 901
Mage
30th December 2018 01:06:11

I went from 65 defending to 35 :D
Aymeth
Player

Pharos
Level 83
Warrior
30th December 2018 03:40:31

Or.. get a warrior character..
Volvo V
Player

Elysium
Level 261
Mage
30th December 2018 16:28:45 (Last edited 30th December 2018 16:29:21)

Quoting Kaste:
I went from 65 defending to 35 :D

Lol, i went from 48 to 32...

8 yaers and half playing for that.

no sense.
Huligan
Player

Pharos
Level 196
Warrior
30th December 2018 16:35:30 (Last edited 30th December 2018 16:36:09)

The change was needed and very good for the game, maybe could have been little less nerf. Still Rangers feel more of this change since they cant heal up full up, no idea why ranger got the nerf doe.
N Kayani
Player

Pharos
Level 464
Ranger
30th December 2018 17:16:57 (Last edited 30th December 2018 17:17:51)

I went from 80 to 50. Rangers are very strong now (:
Trizze
Player

Elysium
Level 337
Ranger
30th December 2018 19:41:00

Quoting Mazayaz:
I went from 80 to 50. Rangers are very strong now (:

i had 69 defending and dropped to 44 when my distance was at 149... u didnt have no 80 defending bud. lol
Numbz
Player

Pharos
Level 197
Mage
30th December 2018 22:48:35

Quoting Volvo V:

is it harder to get now?

and where is the compensation for those mages how played yaers for his/her old skill lost?

1. I imagine the defence was nerfed on mages to make rangers their direct counter (since high lvl mages vs high lvl mages have a hard time killing eachother due to scaling resistances). Also to make PvE more challenging for mages (if endgame mobs actually melee you, you get hurt alot. wich makes sense because youre a mage arent ya?) .

2.Yes, defending levels on a mage is now harder. The 'nerf' was to how fast mages gain levels in defending, and it was retroactive (meaning that for exemple if you had 3million defending exp and it gave you level 45 defending, well now you still have the same 3million defending exp but it only gets you to 30 defending for exemple (random numbers and all but thats how it works).

3.You do not need a 'compensation' since the mages that trained for years are still higher level defending than the mages who havent. You did not lose anything as i stated on my previous point you still have the same defending 'exp' but it yields less levels for mages, just like rangers and warriors need to use alot more manas than mages for magic levels.

4. I really do not understand how the hell you come to the conclusion that you should gain free extra magic levels for the defending levels you lost, how would that work? 1ml for every defending lvl you lost? I cannot see how you deemed a ml compensation to make sense.

5. Np, my attention comes cheap.
Volvo V
Player

Elysium
Level 261
Mage
30th December 2018 23:13:41

Quoting Numbs:
Quoting Volvo V:

is it harder to get now?

1. I imagine the defence was nerfed on mages to make rangers their direct counter (since high lvl mages vs high lvl mages have a hard time killing eachother due to scaling resistances). Also to make PvE more challenging for mages (if endgame mobs actually melee you, you get hurt alot. wich makes sense because youre a mage arent ya?) .

2.Yes, defending levels on a mage is now harder. The 'nerf' was to how fast mages gain levels in defending, and it was retroactive (meaning that for exemple if you had 3million defending exp and it gave you level 45 defending, well now you still have the same 3million defending exp but it only gets you to 30 defending for exemple (random numbers and all but thats how it works).

3.You do not need a 'compensation' since the mages that trained for years are still higher level defending than the mages who havent. You did not lose anything as i stated on my previous point you still have the same defending 'exp' but it yields less levels for mages, just like rangers and warriors need to use alot more manas than mages for magic levels.

4. I really do not understand how the hell you come to the conclusion that you should gain free extra magic levels for the defending levels you lost, how would that work? 1ml for every defending lvl you lost? I cannot see how you deemed a ml compensation to make sense.

5. Np, my attention comes cheap.

Since playing as mage i did tasks for skilling. In that case, we mages, never got the opportunity to train our magic skill with NPC just malee and shield skills. The reason for that is to get less dmg from monsters etc. now that we cant use shield and get nerfed our shield skill, whats our compensation? None. Nowadays a ghoul can kill, laugh.

Its not fair to change our skill defense which we use to train during 8 years.

At least any kind of compensation in magic level should be done. Im mage with ml 84, melee 48 and shield 32. It makes sense?
Wallex
Player

Elysium
Level 395
Warrior
30th December 2018 23:34:08

Quoting Volvo V:
Im mage with ml 84, melee 48 and shield 32. It makes sense?

No, don't make any sense. Mage's melee should be lowered as well.
1 2