Show staff replies in this thread
18th January 2019 12:35:08 GM Shadow View post »
Baltas
Player

Pharos
Level 362
Mage
18th January 2019 09:30:11 (Last edited 21st January 2019 06:30:43)

I wanna talk about survivability of mages:

Blocking abilities:
Pyromancer buff 24% negates and 10% mana blocking overall 34% = weakness that it loses mana while having fire shield on.
It can block max 100%/0.34 = 151.5% Physical damage of its HP POOL
Shaman has 50% hp boost + negates 10% of total dmg = weakness that raising hp is not as good negating damage. On the other hand Shamanic heal pretty much pays it off. On top of that Shaman has Nature shield which makes 30% of dmg to go to mana.

The only weakness which is left I would say that HP flask is not as effective for shamans as other class. But HP Flask is not the most important thing for mages.
It can block max (100%+50%)/0.9=166.7% physical damage of its HP POOL
With Nature shield 166.7/0.7= 238.1%
Warlock buff negates 30% = no additional weaknesses
It can block max 100/0.7=142.9% of its total HP POOL

If we turn everything into magic damage, % changes but not the ratios. As all the mages have the same NMR and all the mages have the same abilitie to use magic resistance eq.

To sum up, shaman is the tankiest class by far with the only weaness being „Flask is not as effective as on other classes?
Pyromancer is in the middle and loses some mana when blocking (not a game changer to lose some mana in pvp, but still counts)
Warlock is the least tanky by far.

I am ready for discussion with arguements. Hopefully someone can analyze as much as I do. Maybe from other perspectives.
Kamikaze Moe
Player

Pharos
Level 61
Mage
18th January 2019 09:50:28

Stop crying u ht savage and dancore one ppl who complain-
Dancore
Player

Pharos
Level 506
Mage
18th January 2019 10:11:14

Quoting Kamikaze Moe:
Stop crying u ht savage and dancore one ppl who complain-

Ill complain about your english skills
Kalnas Su Jo Puse
Player

Platon
Level 16
Ranger
18th January 2019 10:41:51 (Last edited 18th January 2019 10:42:23)

Kamikaze Moe,

Hello Donkey,

In the forest lived a lion. He had a jackal as his partner. They both always went together for hunting. The lion used to kill the animals and the jackal got his share for helping the lion then and there.

One day, the lion fell-sick. He could not go out. But he was very hungry. He called the jackal and said, "Dear friend, I am hungry. But, I am too sick to hunt. You have to help me get some food".

The jackal went off in search of prey. He found a donkey at last. He said to the donkey, "Hello, Donkey Sir! The king of the forest wants to make you his minister". The foolish donkey was too happy to think of the plot. He followed the jackal. The lion killed the donkey. But, before eating, he felt so thirsty. He said to the jackal, “Take care of the donkey. I will return in no time".

As soon as the lion left, the jackal started eating the brain of the donkey. When the lion returned he found the donkey's brain missing.

He asked the jackal. "Where is the donkey's brain?"

The jackal answered timidly, "If he had a brain would he have come here?"

I can insult you, but can't blame you for anything.

Disrespect,
Kalnas
Backdoor Billy
Player

Pharos
Level 498
Warrior
18th January 2019 11:59:13

Baltas i have 1 option for you make warrior
Baltas
Player

Pharos
Level 362
Mage
18th January 2019 12:26:39

Quoting Optimussss:
Baltas i have 1 option for you make warrior

if I had to start over I would choose between shaman and paladin atm. But with the amount of time I play I would need few years to get where I am now on my warlock. But thank you for suggestion.
GM Shadow
Game Master

18th January 2019 12:35:08 (Last edited 18th January 2019 14:21:55)

During your testing on the TS, someone was wearing +ML gear or +Magic Resist gear or different degrees of initiation. In a basic 3-4 spell combo all gear and skills being equal a Shaman is the lowest damage , followed by Warlock, with Pyromancer being top by decent amount.

This changes when pvp and buffs come into consideration. As a shaman can take small amount more % HP from a Warlock than a Warlock can take from a Shaman.

If you would like to confirm I will be on TS off and on today.
Baltas
Player

Pharos
Level 362
Mage
18th January 2019 13:03:57

Quoting GM Shadow:
During your testing on the TS, someone was wearing +ML gear or +Magic Resist gear. In a basic 3-4 spell combo all gear and skills being equal a Shaman is the lowest damage , followed by Warlock, with Pyromancer being top by decent amount.

This changes when pvp and buffs come into consideration. As a shaman can take small amount more % HP from a Warlock than a Warlock can take from a Shaman.

If you would like to confirm I will be on TS off and on today.

To comment on damage I would have to test more. As I am not 100% sure how much of the magic boost shaman had. (warlock had 15%). It's possible that shaman had 20%. If it is 20% then maybe shaman could catch warlock on dmg. But as I didn't write down damages from tests, I can't confirm right now

In this case tell me where I am wrong

Shaman can block (100%+50%)/0.9=166.7% physical damage of its HP POOL
With Nature shield 166.7/0.7= 238.1%
Warlock buff negates 30%
It can block max 100/0.7=142.9% of its total HP POOL

I will have a little time now but then I will be busy most of the weekend
Doeden
Player

Pharos
Level 296
Warrior
18th January 2019 13:49:40

Gm's wrong as usual.. buff baltas! he is weak and wont stop untill he can prove that HIS CLASS IS THE WEAKEST AND DISERVES A BUFF!