1 2
Show staff replies in this thread
13th September 2019 12:48:04 GM Shadow View post »
Ajama
Player

Pharos
Level 15
Ranger
12th September 2019 22:44:09 (Last edited 12th September 2019 22:56:23)

I wanna lay the cards on the table and speak out of honesty here, and for most players i'd assume, i'd like staff to read trough this and respond because it is very important for the future zezenia and for new player to not feel locked or discouraged.

Background: I've played plenty of retro rpg/mmorpg games for years (tibia is one of them), including zezenia for 4 years semi-actively.
"semi-actively" - Due to the low playerbase, sad but true, however i love the game. The point is, I got an overall experience like many other players here.

When Pharos and Novus have merged, a new server would'nt be such a bad idea with these considering changes:

1. Boatcamping - People use 2nd chars to get information constantly about where every player in the game is heading, basically. The problem is.. its extremely powerfull in this game, anyone can do it, but it also prevents everyone at the same time, especially if u happen to be on a loosing side.
Then imagine new players who cant travel anywhere without dying, "we dont PA in novus or pharos" - doesnt work to state this anymore, cuz as soon as the opposing team joins the server again, boat campers are instantly back on place cuz it's such a strong thing.
Its no longer a game tactic, it has turned to a thing which contributes so hard to power abusers.

What is the reason for other players to know where u are traveling? none really, not for the game mechanics, if u go on a hunt.. you are probably chatting with your mates already. It only contributes to the ability of power abusing, nothing else.

Solution: Don't make it visibile to other players where you travel by boat.

New Players: Won't be constantly kept track off, they will be enabled to enjoy the game better and play more freely, if they wanna pvp they go pvp, but nessecarily everybody doesnt need to know where they go.

2. Monster Marking - Players damage monsters and leave them for others to take the kill and reveal their position, this has been a tactical play for just this matter, but this also contributes very much to power abusing. The main problem is that people receive the experience and loot message whatever time has passed, it should be limited and so the idea of power abusing gets limited aswell.

Solution: Limit the time where you receive experience and loot message by killed monsters in which you have done damage, this way players won't be power abused on their way to spawns or while fighting INTO spawns.

New Players: They may not be aware of this "tactical" play and can move around more freely in the game after such a change.

3. Task delivery - Players can easily keep track of the tasks you obtain, this does nothing but contribute to those who wanna power abuse as they know what spawns u might be going for, then they have the boatcamper online.

Solution: Don't make received tasks visible, there is no reason to have them visible to anyone but yourself.
New Players: Can take tasks without being hunted down and wont be forced to stop play because they can't higher their skills properly, which is a crucial aspect of the game. Without a team it's already hard to build up a character, they don't need this to happen.

PHAROS AND NOVUS MERGE:

These changes would make the future loosing team or new players to play more freely around the map, still locate etc exists and its still possible to Power Abuse, just not as obssessively and easy as with the current state of the game, like boat camping 24/7 or the other ways to keep track of every single player.

If a new server is opening, these changes would gradually make new players feel more welcome, same here.. loosing team will still have a way better opportunity to play.

These changes doesnt affect pvp, you can pvp in the exact same way as before, it's only improvements towards facts who make power abusing being easy and very doable in this game.

I want the game to finally grow! Its way too easy to power abuse and that directly discourage new players, sadly!

I hope staff will reply on this, to know if you appreciate the ideas.. i believe this would make servers live longer in general and old players will get back cuz they aint being tracked 24/7, also new servers would be more successfull! if you wanna fight.. go war! , dont sit boats 24/7 hindering players.

I won't reply to unessecary comments regarding this topic, keep the hands on the table for Zezenias sake.
Feel free to add whatever that contributes to nothing more then PA, and has to be changed.
Thanks.
Xutlach
Player

Pharos
Level 33
Mage
12th September 2019 22:48:23

Quoting Phoenix Rah:
I wanna lay the cards on the table and speak out of honesty here, and for most players i'd assume, i'd like staff to read trough this and respond because it is very important for the future zezenia and for new player to not feel locked or discouraged.

Background: I've played plenty of retro rpg/mmorpg games for years (tibia is one of them), including zezenia for 4 years semi-actively.
"semi-actively" - Due to the low playerbase, sad but true, however i love the game. The point is, I got an overall experience like many other players here.

When Pharos and Novus have merged, a new server would'nt be such a bad idea with these considering changes:

1. Boatcamping - People use 2nd chars to get information constantly about where every player in the game is heading, basically. The problem is.. its extremely powerfull in this game, anyone can do it, but it also prevents everyone at the same time, especially if u happen to be on a loosing side.
Then imagine new players who cant travel anywhere without dying, "we dont PA in novus or pharos" - doesnt work to state this anymore, cuz as soon as the opposing team joins the server again, boat campers are instantly back on place cuz it's such a strong thing.
Its no longer a game tactic, it has turned to a thing which contributes so hard to power abusers.

What is the reason for other players to know where u are traveling? none really, not for the game mechanics, if u go on a hunt.. you are probably chatting with your mates already. It only contributes to the ability of power abusing, nothing else.

Solution: Don't make it visibile to other players where you travel by boat.

New Players: Won't be constantly kept track off, they will be enabled to enjoy the game better and play more freely, if they wanna pvp they go pvp, but nessecarily everybody doesnt need to know where they go.

2. Monster Marking - Players damage monsters and leave them for others to take the kill and reveal their position, this has been a tactical play for just this matter, but this also contributes very much to power abusing. The main problem is that people receive the experience and loot message whatever time has passed, it should be limited and so the idea of power abusing gets limited aswell.

Solution: Limit the time where you receive experience and loot message by killed monsters in which you have done damage, this way players won't be power abused on their way to spawns or while fighting INTO spawns.

New Players: They may not be aware of this "tactical" play and can move around more freely in the game after such a change.

3. Task delivery - Players can easily keep track of the tasks you obtain, this does nothing but contribute to those who wanna power abuse as they know what spawns u might be going for, then they have the boatcamper online.

Solution: Don't make received tasks visible, there is no reason to have them visible to anyone but yourself.
New Players: Can take tasks without being hunted down and wont be forced to stop play because they can't higher their skills properly, which is a crucial aspect of the game. Without a team it's already hard to build up a character, they don't need this to happen.

PHAROS AND NOVUS MERGE:

These changes would make the future loosing team or new players to play more freely around the map, still locate etc exists and its still possible to Power Abuse, just not as obssessively and easy as with the current state of the game, like boat camping 24/7 or the other ways to keep track of every single player.

If a new server is opening, these changes would gradually make new players feel more welcome, same here.. loosing team will still have a way better opportunity to play.

These changes doesnt affect pvp, you can pvp in the exact same way as before, it's only improvements towards facts who make power abusing being easy and very doable in this game.

I want the game to finally grow! Its way too easy to power abuse and that directly discourage new players, sadly!

I hope staff will reply on this, to know if you appreciate the ideas.. i believe this would make servers live longer in general and old players will get back cuz they aint being tracked 24/7, also new servers would be more successfull! if you wanna fight.. go war! , dont sit boats 24/7 hindering players.

I won't reply to unessecary comments regarding this topic, keep the hands on the table for Zezenias sake.
Thanks.

agree with all

let's make zezenia great again!
Zul
Player

Elysium
Level 192
Warrior
12th September 2019 23:04:04

Couldnt agree more, make it happen!

Something has to change, and its quick... less and less players each day almost.

This would be very nice for the pvp worlds.
Shadowzin
Premium

Pharos
Level 901
Mage
12th September 2019 23:14:30

You want to take out every tactical play XD .

There is a server for you , Elysium .

If you don't like pvp , play non pvp . sweet and simple solution .
Ajama
Player

Pharos
Level 15
Ranger
13th September 2019 05:44:47 (Last edited 13th September 2019 05:48:01)

"Tactical play" - how can u say that with everything i mentioned? Dont get that.. its more contributing to power abuse then anything else.

Im not talking about me or others to move to elysium, no reason to bring that up in every thread, im speaking for a better game in general.

These "tactical plays" does nothing but discourage players.

You can still fight players so those changes wont change anything more than for those who wanna power abuse, like u it seems.
GM Shadow
Game Master

13th September 2019 12:48:04

We are currently taking a look at some of these options and finding the right balance of "tactical" pvp without excessive player tracking capability.
Ajama
Player

Pharos
Level 15
Ranger
13th September 2019 13:46:22

I love to hear that! It's very needed and will help pvp servers to stay more populated and not just one single team playing.
Dancore
Player

Pharos
Level 506
Mage
13th September 2019 15:44:10

Quoting GM Shadow:
We are currently taking a look at some of these options and finding the right balance of "tactical" pvp without excessive player tracking capability.

Instead of stating that why not ask pvpers about their opinion.

As far as i know you never pvped on Zaza, this post was made by a low lvl from Elysium who is probably using a secondary char to post from (i have no idea what for), a lvl 33 pyro and some random 160 ranger who i never seen in-game agreed with his post and you make statements cuz of their "valid words"?
Jay Malibu
Player

Pharos
Level 137
Warrior
13th September 2019 15:52:58

Quoting Dancore:
Quoting GM Shadow:

As far as i know you never pvped on Zaza, this post was made by a low lvl from Elysium who is probably using a secondary char to post from (i have no idea what for), a lvl 33 pyro and some random 160 ranger who i never seen in-game agreed with his post and you make statements cuz of their "valid words"?

You can easily see all the respawns behind your target, raise is broken. But you think like a hunter and not like a hunted.
Just if you put yourself in your enemies' shoes, if it weren't for them, you probably wouldn't play.

Yours , Jayson
Ibrahim Ferguson
Player

Pharos
Level 70
Mage
13th September 2019 16:02:10

is easy u not like hunted go to elysium not like die go to elysium
all servers is pvp need war
pvp is war
have server no pvp to u not die for ppls lols elysium come here and cry because locate ...
ppls of pharos and novus not cry for this...
only go to elysium and not cry in forum
Quoting Dancore:
Quoting GM Shadow:

i agree u opnion only level 30 and makers account comment in forum for thisDancore
1 2