1 2
Show staff replies in this thread
16th September 2019 23:59:59 GM Shadow View post »
Baltas
Player

Pharos
Level 362
Mage
16th September 2019 10:07:07 (Last edited 16th September 2019 19:20:19)

So we all know how good aoe classes are in pvm. Even tho they have disadvantages in pvm, but their strengths are way bigger than weaknesses in my eyes. I am not one of those who say nerf those. I would propose to tweak exp/h.

How about increasing exp/hp ratio on monsters which are mostly killed one by one. Basically take hunt spots where u never meet pyro/warlock and increase that monster exp.

example:

Right now After change
Colossal Golem 14000hp 7exp 14000hp 9k exp
Colossal Ice Golem 14000hp 7kexp 14000hp 9k exp
Dark Knight 18000hp 11,5kexp 18000hp 13k exp
Devil 25000 hp 16k exp 25000hp 19k exp
Hellish Archangel 19500k hp, 10,75k exp 19500hp, 13k exp
Lince Ghost 22000 hp, 13.5k exp 22000hp, 16k exp

Nowadays people are demanding for crowded spawns because they can damage many monsters at once and that makes their exp/h great. But thats only few classes. Single target classes didn't gain anything from hardcore spawns or any other crowded spawn.

Edit: i was informed that theres a crowded spawn of ice colos, so maybe that monster shouldnt change.
Zul
Player

Elysium
Level 192
Warrior
16th September 2019 10:43:29

Agreed, singtarget spawn/monsters should have less hp imo for solo hunting purposes.

Even tho this game is heavily team based on hunts, there should be some types of monsters and spawns for solo hunting aswell,

Maybe not as strong xp as in grp and those classes that has AoE potential. But something has to be made for those single target classes.

Thats just my opinion tho.
Dancore
Player

Pharos
Level 506
Mage
16th September 2019 14:06:34

Very good proposal and agreed.

This needs to be done very carefully, cuz i can see myself gathering 8 colossals and kill them in big bulks. Same goes for archangels.

Dark knights is great since most of them are in other floors so cannot even get that many.

Devils and lince ghosts are good aswell, hard monsters in tight spaces so gather possibilities are small.
Anuel Ft
Player

Pharos
Level 613
Mage
16th September 2019 15:38:37

I agree!

But as dancore said, be very carefull with it.
The fact pyro's are better in PvM is a fact we all have to deal with as they have alot of cons during war as theyre so strong.
Please dont come up with nerfs.
King Rabbe
Player

Pharos
Level 440
Mage
16th September 2019 15:51:54

Quoting Baltas:
So we all know how good aoe classes are in pvm. Even tho they have disadvantages in pvm, but their strengths are way bigger than weaknesses in my eyes. I am not one of those who say nerf those. I would propose to tweak exp/h.

How about increasing exp/hp ratio on monsters which are mostly killed one by one. Basically take hunt spots where u never meet pyro/warlock and increase that monster exp.

example:

Right now After change
Colossal Golem 14000hp 7exp 14000hp 9k exp
Colossal Ice Golem 14000hp 7kexp 14000hp 9k exp
Dark Knight 18000hp 11,5kexp 18000hp 13k exp
Devil 25000 hp 16k exp 25000hp 19k exp
Hellish Archangel 19500k hp, 10,75k exp 19500hp, 13k exp
Lince Ghost 22000 hp, 13.5k exp 22000hp, 16k exp

Nowadays people are demanding for crowded spawns because they can damage many monsters at once and that makes their exp/h great. But thats only few classes. Single target classes didn't gain anything from hardcore spawns or any other crowded spawn.

I completely agree with you!!

King Rabbe
Signed!!
Odionn
Player

Elysium
Level 366
Mage
16th September 2019 19:14:47 (Last edited 16th September 2019 19:15:07)

I agree, pyro is currently far superior to warlock. Improving these quoted values and a few others would help to equalize this difference..
GM Shadow
Game Master

16th September 2019 23:59:59 (Last edited 17th September 2019 00:00:47)

This is something we were considering just recently! Appreciate our high level pyromancers giving their opinion as well.

If a list of high level monsters would help complete your list:

Dark Knight
Lizard Guardian
Sand Terror
Hellish Archangel
Lone Eye
Soul Devourer
Volcanic Golem
Lizard Spellweaver
Murderous Cave Crab
Lince Ghost
Unholy Dreadlord
Boulder Thrower
Yahgan Occultist
Mighty Werebear
Geck'zard
Geck'zah
Mighty Magician Werebear
Devil
Rage
Sage

Pharos
Level 371
Warrior
17th September 2019 03:56:46

Quoting GM Shadow:
This is something we were considering just recently! Appreciate our high level pyromancers giving their opinion as well.

If a list of high level monsters would help complete your list:

Dark Knight
Lizard Guardian
Sand Terror
Hellish Archangel
Lone Eye
Soul Devourer
Volcanic Golem
Lizard Spellweaver
Murderous Cave Crab
Lince Ghost
Unholy Dreadlord
Boulder Thrower
Yahgan Occultist
Mighty Werebear
Geck'zard
Geck'zah
Mighty Magician Werebear
Devil

I did mention this 12 days ago on the DI board. Minor tweaks should be made to some of these spawns. To not allow lower level to access them. As such like bowlder throwers, lince ghosts ect. "soul devours had higher exp, but someone made the decision to nerf it cause of all the low levels in party's boosting the higher levels. Before going gun ho on increasing the exp make sure make proper adjustments so you don't have too low of levels boosting. "adjusting kill tasks for levels" and so on.
Koluzz
Player

Pharos
Level 334
Mage
17th September 2019 05:27:12

that wont help anything,

we need to move on 8)

rangers need a explosion arrows for leveling make it that they do less damage but they can lure monsters to a corner and increase their exp/h.

shamans, warlock need area spells for lvling, team hunts will be fun that way.

lets give ideas on how to improve lvling on other vocations beacuse we could change the creatures exp and still pyros will do better all the time.

pyromancer was always too op and i said it in many threads before but sometimes is fun to level so why cant we just make it fun for everyone?
Baltas
Player

Pharos
Level 362
Mage
17th September 2019 05:42:22

Quoting Koluzz:
that wont help anything,

we need to move on 8)

rangers need a explosion arrows for leveling make it that they do less damage but they can lure monsters to a corner and increase their exp/h.

shamans, warlock need area spells for lvling, team hunts will be fun that way.

lets give ideas on how to improve lvling on other vocations beacuse we could change the creatures exp and still pyros will do better all the time.

pyromancer was always too op and i said it in many threads before but sometimes is fun to level so why cant we just make it fun for everyone?

I know single target classes wont make better exp/h than aoe classes even after my given example. But I don't want to make more than pyros. They risk more in hunts, so they have to get reward for it.
Explosion arrows? Well, maybe 100% on target and 50% 1sqm away every direction would make it fun.
AOE spells for warlocks/shamans. That could be an option. I do use whirlwind quite often in team hunts. But not as often in solo hunts. As you cant really have 3+ monsters constantly in your whirlwind range.

So we could merge these 2 ideas. If warlock/shaman would make at least 70% of pyro/warrior exp in hardcore spawn. It would satisfy me.
Or any other spawn. 70-80%.

I know that 500 warlock can make similar exp what 350pyro. That warlock needs a team tho. And sadly his teams exp isnt too good. As lvl 100 will get 1/5 of what that warlock makes. So we cannot rely on that.
1 2