1 2
This thread has been locked by a moderator.
Show staff replies in this thread
30th December 2019 02:01:16 GM Shadow View post »
Administration
Staff

23rd December 2019 17:53:54

Zezenia Online 7.2 is here! As always, the update will be automatically downloaded once you log in. Steam users may need to restart Steam to download the update. Alternatively, you can download the game here.

Here's what's new:

Christmas Event

Santa Claus is back in town! Visit Santa in Ellaria for your presents. And be sure to ask if he needs your help with something? Captain Nils in Bersund may also have a Christmas problem.

Zezenia Online Forum Screenshot

New Eidos

The beginner city Eidos has received a complete facelift with a focus on helping new players get introduced to the game! A new Beginner Tutorial will help players learn the basic mechanics of Zezenia Online and dispatch them on their adventure.

If you own a house in Eidos, don't worry: you will find your house items in your depot.

There are also various new quests to discover and solve around Eidos. Be sure to check out the Beginner Island just south of the city, no matter which level you are at!

We will continue to iterate on the beginner experience to make sure that Zezenia is more accessible to newcomers. This is the first step in improving one of the most important parts of the game and acquiring new players!

Party Up

Parties have received a major upgrade! You will now see your companions on the minimap, making sure you never get separated from your friends. Various other improvements are also in place: the party leader can now be reassigned, and party invites can be easily accepted from a popup window.

Stamina

You will find a new Stamina meter on your character, which refills every 24 hours. Every day, you will receive 50% more experience for approximately an hour of gameplay. And of course, this stacks with Experience Boost Scrolls for the most efficient hunts.

Spells and Balance

To begin correcting the imbalance between classes and subclasses particularly in PvM there have been numerous spell tweaks. Mages will notice new damage patterns on certain spells. Warlock and Shaman PvM damage formulas have been improved.

Rangers have received a long desired AoE spell, Hellish Volley, to liven up those party hunts, as well as reworked formulas for spell damage.

In addition, rangers have received their previous defending skill table back, while the melee skill table for mages has been weakened.

Last but not least, a number of spells have had their cooldown reduced to prevent hunt downtime.

Quality of Life

Many improvements and fixes have been made to everyday functions! Among other things:

Heal, damage and loot messages are now placed in a new Log chat tab,
Kill counters are now always visible, and will display the name of the NPC you are working for,
Currently equipped items will no longer be considered for sale in NPC dialogs,
Items can be dragged directly into hotkey slots,
The chat box will no longer scroll down on a new message when browsing the backlog,
Expensive dungeon tickets are no longer consumed for gold dungeons,
Your health and mana points will now refill on Level Up as a reward for your hard work.

Thank you for your patience on this update! We hope you enjoy it, and we have more in store! Please let us know what you think, and if you find any issues.

See you ingame!

Sincerely,
Zezenia Staff

Quoting Full changelog for Zezenia Online 7.2:

- New Eidos and Beginner Tutorial.
- Added daily stamina: for approximately one hour of gameplay, a 50% experience boost is given. Stamina recovers in 24 hours.
- Party members can now be seen on the minimap and world map. Party invites can be accepted or rejected from a new popup dialog. The party leader can reassign leadership to another party member.
- Ranger defense skills have been reverted to their previous values. Mages now gain melee skill levels with a harder formula.
- Added various new miniquests and NPC's.
- Added a new Ranger spell: Hellish Volley with targeted Area of Effect.
- Cross of Annihilation pattern changed.
- Hailstorm is now a targeted spell.
- Advanced Soulfire damage changed to scale better and pattern changed.
- Energy Blast damage changed to scale better.
- Inferno now has radial damage.
- Energy Ball and Energy Ball Support spells have been removed.
- Rogue Spread shot pattern changed.
- PvM damage boost added to mage single target spells.
- PvM damage boost to ranger single target spells.
- Cooldown of Fortification, Frenzy, Belligerent Focus and Offensive Imminence reduced.
- Life Steal and Magic Resist Potion %’s have been reduced slightly due to power creep.
- Arne’s task line has been extended by 1 quest and total training reward increased.
- New brewing NPC and location in Southeast Eidos. Quest completion is required to attain Light and Gathering Speed Recipes.
- Damage, heal and loot messages are now placed in a separate Log chat tab.
- Health and mana are now recovered on level up.
- Kill tasks now display the NPC the counter is from.
- Currently equipped items are no longer considered for sale to NPC's.
- Items can be dragged directly into hotkey slots.
- The chat will no longer scroll down when browsing the backlog.
- Right clicking NPC's now shows a menu with the option to talk.
- Dungeon tickets are no longer consumed in dungeons with a gold entrance fee.
- Bug fixes.
Devilish Spectre
Player

Elysium
Level 200
Mage
23rd December 2019 17:59:28 (Last edited 23rd December 2019 18:36:14)

Many changes but look at screen with 'imroved' Eidos, even layman will notice so poor mapping skills - trees under terrace. We also heard about correct balancing, but it is just started not even correctly made, because of no, or just rare feedback from test server.

Just one more thing, if someone looking for high level content - the answer is: nothing added.
Briareu
Premium

Elysium
Level 896
Warrior
24th December 2019 07:05:12

Well done, whatever you added Stuff. Our holidays will definitely be more joyful because of this, because there are so many changes that I don't know where to start, I'm lost in it myself. I think it's not just me. I wish you a joyful Christmas and happy new year. So you worked so hard in 2019 year on the game that you definitely deserve.

“When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.”
Cannibal Killer
Player

Pharos
Level 102
Mage
25th December 2019 23:12:09

Hi

GM Shadow or any other staff,

The update is nice, however the parcel I have in my DP doesnt have ANY of my items!!!! I lost all my items, all my money !!!!!
You guys need to sort it out as soon as possible.

I already sent an email and I need a solution!

:(
Ritari
Elder Sage

Pharos
Level 445
Warrior
26th December 2019 14:57:57

All in all I think this was a solid update! 8) Good job with the tutorial for newcomers and now that the game mechanics are covered for newbies I hope the future will bring content to all areas of the game :) Wish everyone a merry xmas and a happy new year!
Marbus
Player

Elysium
Level 408
Warrior
28th December 2019 22:43:50

Task kill could give some stamina as a reward.
It would be another incentive to do tasks. Especially for high level that only get task easy.
Or another task.
Santa Claus was generous this year. :D
Shadowzin
Player

Pharos
Level 901
Mage
30th December 2019 01:07:43

Hello, why did every post about the warlock spell being useless and nobody using it get deleted ?

There was about 15 posts in here all deleted , can we know why ?
GM Shadow
Game Master

30th December 2019 02:01:16

No posts were deleted. You might be referring to this thread: https://www.playzezenia.com/forum/thread/18497

We are always open to player thoughts and opinions. There will be more class changes in coming updates as well!

GM Shadow
Dancore
Player

Pharos
Level 506
Mage
30th December 2019 12:42:33

I do not agree with all the changes. Majority of the update was great tho.

Warlocks spell. That should be changed to be target only, no question about it.

Pyro's inferno radial damage, i agree with that. Maybe gives a very small balance towards exp differences but it involves pvp as well. Since i am the only pyro playing on pvp server, hence we don't see posts about this.

It should not be pvp downgrade again for pyros, we lost our good buff cuz of Quillons retarded non-pvp way of thinking, now we are the weakest damaging class in pvp from distance by far. I need to be melee close to output damage of my lvl and as a mage that's just bad, with these speeds it's impossible to output full damage on anybody.

We already have the downside of damaging our team mates in battles and accidentally killing low lvls or tricked into it and gaining unwanted yellow/black skull.

This change can involve pvm but in pvp it should at least be the old system so we can at least use our damage in full potential while chasing somebody.
Isak Sworder
Player

Pharos
Level 145
Warrior
30th December 2019 14:02:21 (Last edited 30th December 2019 14:06:11)

Just remove the speed buffs already, it ruins the PvP. Most OP spell in zezenia raise of pace just fucking remove it already and replace it with something else a nice buff or something. Those 400-500 lvls are running out of my screen in like half a second, it can't be fun to PvP like that.

Remove raise of pace and remove either legerity talent or speed potion

Also Eidos is very bugged and there is abuse spot where you can enter protection zone with pk.

I hope mapper is very proud of his creation, can't even create a nice piece of map.
1 2