1 2 3 4 5
This thread has been locked by a moderator.
Magnii
Player

Elysium
Level 240
Mage
18th February 2020 22:31:21 (Last edited 18th February 2020 22:43:28)

What I can find actually benefiting and maybe increase playerbase in the long run:
(My opinion, not saying its what needed to be done in order for zezenia to shine, jsut some thoughts of mine that I believe can help. I have managed and ran a few OT's in my time, I was able to hold a steady player base for quite a while)

- have an active discord for zezenia. Not one created by a fan, but one created by staff, Where changelogs are posted there, bugs, suggestions, you name it. Show the community your active involvement, and that changes and development is being done. this can forsure bring people in, showing your active involvement.

-Social Media.... Zezenia's page hasnt been updated or anything since last year. Why has it stopped? Pay for advertisements on facebook, and otservlist still. Especially with a new server coming, this will be something needed to be done. Maybe make an event in regards to sharing some kind of post on facebook and tagging a friend and get entered in a draw to win something on the launch of the new server, to help spread the word of Zezenia. This is overall a good game, let people know that! GET OUT THERE, gives us the incentive to want to share a new post. Find the facebook groups filled with ot players, there is a few pages where people advertise their OT servers, which holds tens of thousands of people in the groups.

-Come in contact with some high streamers, pay them to play your game. THey have so many viewers who will follow them, even if the streamer doesnt stick around to play, I have seen instances where viewers still stick around where that streamer was previous and continues playing that game

-What are some key things to have in a game that players love? Look for whats in other games like, other professions, enchantments, crafting systems, more to do then just level basically. Not saying to copy other games, even though every game copies every other games, thats how it just works. Zezenia needs to be more interactive. I feel the quests need more focusing on as well, add little tinker quests like you have some just not really that many. Just small quests around the map that have simple equipment.

-Lore, now i have never really gotten to search or dig on some of the lore that may be here or not. But forsure it needs a questline, a main one, that gives zezenia that story. Why are we playing? What happened to this world? What are we fighting for and what are we fighting against. A main questline that tells a story can give a massive meaning to the game. and give us players a better understanding of what zezenia is and what are we doing.

-upgradeable items. upgrade crystals/stones/napkins, whatever you want to call it. Give us something MORE to work for. Building a character is always something everyone loves doing, it gives the utmost enjoyable sanctification to many players.

-the current gaming community, is wrapped around RPG. There is tons of pvp OT servers to play, that the RPG is being pushed aside. People want it. People are begging for it.. People want a long term RPG game they can play without being reset. Its a HUGE thing right now in the OT community. People are tired of starting over. Zezenia has this. It has that exact potential, to offer players a steady long term game, where no resets will happen and players can enjoy a vast, crazy world, that deserves way more attention.

I wont flood this thread with my ideas of what I believe can bring some players in. But from experience these things have worked for me, and for teams that I have worked for in the past.
Crimson Boltz
Player

Pharos
Level 79
Ranger
18th February 2020 22:40:56

it will not be more than 40 players playing it most of the people are pvp players u 2 are dumb non pvpers who dont have a clue u both are nonsense pvp enforced will bring people and new wars if they make good stages with exp rates then it will not be any problem even if u are 20-30 highers u can still beat em just the server at pharos is shit cuz the people there are 570 and compare to novus is 340 they did not even recive a boost wich i dont anderstand why they have no logic in what they do if u dont like a new server keep playing ur shit servers and stop write
Magnii
Player

Elysium
Level 240
Mage
18th February 2020 22:45:26 (Last edited 18th February 2020 22:49:10)

This is where you get it twisted. We dont want the same old players to keep playing. What dont you get. this game needs NEW players. and NEW players will not join this game if its PVP ENF. Yes OLD players will play. but not new. The focus here is to invite NEW players to the game. Not scare them away with a toxic pvp enf server that you and i both know will die out. Just like all the other pvp servers did.

Stop thinking whats best for you. Start thinking whats best for the game. And I PROMISE. It will all make MORE sense in your brain. :)

Have you ever developed a game? Have you have managed a community? Do you play other games? How long you been palying zezenia? This isnt about whats best for you and the current 50 people that play the game. This is out for those who don't play it AND the current ones.. Launch a pvp enf server and it will not keep players around, even if new players come, it wont last due to the veterans and other douches out there that just play for power. We have always thought whats best for the current community and its always gotten no where. Start reaching out to those that dont play. And that need to play :) When the game grows more, THEN add the PVP ENF server. The game is trying to grow......
Crimson Boltz
Player

Pharos
Level 79
Ranger
18th February 2020 22:49:52

so you mean nonpvp server will bring people? or what u must be dumb as fk, there is already a nonpvp server they can join if they want to but most popular servers is pvp if you dont like pvp you have elysium whats wrong with it? if they wanna gain players they have to do it in right way start making advertisment paying other streamers etc to stream it and so on new server with non pvp is not the right thing there is nothing to do there rpg is for ely!
Crimson Boltz
Player

Pharos
Level 79
Ranger
18th February 2020 22:51:38

The game is dying if you can see it its not growing at all what you should do instead is move pharos to elysium and make some thing for non pvp and pvp choice and u guys will improve with players shoudent be more than 2 server new server will bring new and old people
Magnii
Player

Elysium
Level 240
Mage
18th February 2020 23:01:11 (Last edited 18th February 2020 23:06:04)

See instead of insulting me like you just did, you just provided an alternative. Using logic. Instead of letting anger cloud your thoughts.

Good job :)

The game has been dying for longer then you think. Probably since you started playing :)

Do you know how many pvp servers have been on zezenia? ENOUGH
Do you know how many are still standing? ONE-Pharos
Do you know the outcome of everytime a pvp server starts and within the first couple weeks what happens to it? IT DIES cause over power abusing and teams not letting others progress. It happens every single time. Every. Single. Time. Last time to my knoweldge was quillon from what people are saying. But its always something or someone who ruins it. None the less, I seen new players come and go REAL quick cause of the toxic pvp community here.
Do you know there has never been another non pvp server launched EVER since elysium came around. Who are you to say it wont work when there are NO FACTS supporting it. BUT there are FACTS supporting my claims that in that PVP servers dont work to bring new players in. they just dont here.

So you tell me again, what is best for zezenias future. Based of the Facts and things already tried.

As I already said, how many times can you try the same thing, expecting different results?

"RPG is for ely" you said.

Well..... "PVP is for Pharos"
Isak Sworder
Player

Pharos
Level 145
Warrior
18th February 2020 23:05:10

Jasper, I really like you. Probably the most sensible in this community (at this point), however I do not agree with you about creating a non PvP server. I don't know anything about non pvp but one thing for sure is that they usually last longer than pvp server, it could be popular but that would also end up the death of elysium. All your proposals atleast most of it has been mentioned in the forums but nothing will absolutely change at this game state, I can guarantee you that, annoying right? Anyways if there is slightly hope for zezenia left the simple answer is easy, reset the game. But why? People will disagree with me, they are allowed to do that. Ofcourse they are scared of their items, money and levels etc...But I can promise you that if this game will not reset once again there is 100% no hope for this game and can't be saved anymore, statistics never lie. So many unbalanced things especially in PvP mostly, I cannot list them all, the game ends when you reach 250-280+. Illogical new content has been added so many things I cannot list them all but lets start with new eidos, the new places, fishing rod equipment (most stupid thing ever in zezenia, let's all be fisherman!), new lazy talent and spells ideas, it can't get better at this point.

Anyways in short words reset will only save this game like it or not, if people disagree then they are just lying for themselves.

An oldschool server with old culthan and fibonacci training system would be a popular PvP server idea, count me in if this ever happens for sure ;)
Magnii
Player

Elysium
Level 240
Mage
18th February 2020 23:09:28 (Last edited 18th February 2020 23:28:49)

Hey man! you are entitled your own opinion and i like that! I cant argue with you about your opinion either. Thats something I did miss. A reset could definitely help. But at the same time it will lose alot of the current players. We gota try to keep the current ones and get new ones. I know there is no win here, really. I just was going based of the past with zezenia, and pvp never working out. Especially to help the game grow. We have never tried a new non pvp server yet, so maybe a reset wouldnt be necessary, we wouldnt know, we never tried that route. The only route gone to attract new players is by creating a new pvp server, in which, it never works out. SO in my mind why would you keep trying the same thing over and over again? You know.

Cheers man, appreciate you also being level headed, with an open mind at the same time.

<3

What about a gameworld where players can CHOOSE PVP or NON PVP. I have seen this done on an OT server a few times. It works. You just have to limit what the non pvp players can do. (Not being to pick up barrles or throw them on the ground, NON pvp characters being transparent to the game in the sense PVP players walk through them) There are ways to really restrict the impact a non pvp player can have in a pvp war. Disabling the main things that are used in pvp action for those non pvp players. Now you have a server with RPG and PVP going! Could also have non pvp zones on a pvp server? So players can level, hunt, enjoy the game , and also war if need be? There is always alternatives!!!!! It is not hard and there has to be a happy medium :)

Can even do a NON pvp server with PVP areas. so it totally blows off the whole. not being able to progress part. but for those money talkers, you can put your pvp skills to action in pvp areas. its very simple. You can do both. Wana pvp and talk SH** well. Put your money where you mouth is on the battlefield. Not doing so shows. Players can still play the game. No more power abusing. No more kicking people out of hunts. No more random player killing.

Dupe the map. Have non pvp players start in one spot. Pvp players start in the other. Never meet ingame. but one server.

i can keep going with alternatives. just its alot of scripting and work.
Ht Savage
Player

Pharos
Level 385
Mage
18th February 2020 23:35:08

Jasper is right and wrong at the same time.

PVP servers always have the same outcome, one team comes out on top the other one quits. Its been like this since day one.But when Platon and Tipitaka were still around teams used to world transfer to get levels and fight again when they were confident enough.

History also tells us that staged experience rates are not succesfull, also with the current mindset 1x pvp servers wont be succesfull because players are already crying after losing 25% exp and 50% if pvp involved (retarded feature).

Also a new non pvp server will probably last for a long time but it will decrease the current non pvp server by quite alot (my estimated guess).

I also do believe that a full reset isn't a bad idea and I will support that decision if it will be made, eventhough I will lose years worth of time I still think its the for a better game and a greater picture.

@isak, old school server, count me in!!!
Magnii
Player

Elysium
Level 240
Mage
18th February 2020 23:43:49 (Last edited 18th February 2020 23:58:36)

You are right as well along the lines it would flush ely out. Very possible. There is 100% something that is going to be needed to lose. In order to gain. Id rather lose 50 players doing a reset, and gain 150. Easy. Even if a new server were put in play, the elysium players would migrate to the new non pvp server forsure. Maybe not all, forsure most, possibly? But that being said, It still is a positive thing. Keeping current players and gaining new ones.

I do believe the staff is pretty adamant on not resetting though :/
1 2 3 4 5