Asterix
Player

Elysium
Level 450
Mage
22nd June 2020 05:05:38

Hello, everyone!

I've been playing as Shaman for quite a while now and, as far as I'm concerned, it's definitely one of the most balanced classes to play with. There isn't much to complain about on the overall attributions of the class.

However, one thing that has been bugging me ever since I started with this class is the summon spell. I get the idea of it being a shamanic spell but I don't really see any good use of it as it is now. And, to be honest, i didn't really check too much if there's another Thread on this, so..

The main problem I see is: the mana required to summon the creatures that are actually useful for low levels is too high, which makes it impossible to use it on hunts i.e. a shaman only has enough mana to summon a Goblin Berserker at level 40+ (strongest summon possible, 530 mana cost) when this creature becomes almost useless on a hunt. And, once you get lvl 60+ the whole spell becomes almost useless on hunts because, either your summon gets killed really fast by whatever it is that you are hunting or they are too slow and can't keep up the pace with you.

Considering this, I have one question and two suggestions which I'd like to be discussed with you guys and administration.

Question: what is the main purpose of this spell on the game? Am I missing something regarding the usage of it?

Suggestion 1: make the spell so we can summon strong creatures like Dark Knights that can actually tank and/or inflict real damage in other creatures. This spell can be rendered useless or 'inactive' when the shaman joins a party so it would be useful on solo hunts only. (The exp boost of being in a party will 'force' the shaman to join one when in a group).

Suggestion 2: make the spell so we can summon creatures with ranged attack, like valkyries or fire beings (the latter I know wouldn't be possible since this creature is commonly used as part of quests) but any creature that doesn't have melee attack and could function as another ranged attacker. Again, a strong creature would be better because if they are too easy to be killed, they become useless.

What you think guys? I'm posting this more as a brainstorming activity than anything else. I see a lot of potential on this spell that is being lost because it's useless as it is now.

Thank you all and I'd appreciate your inputs.

See you in-game!

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Olá, pessoal!

Jogo como Shaman há um bom tempo e, a meu ver, é definitivamente uma das classes mais equilibradas do jogo. Confesso que não tenho muito do que reclamar sobre as atribuições gerais da classe.

No entanto, uma coisa que me incomoda desde que comecei nessa classe é o feitiço de summon. Eu entendo porquê é um feitiço xamânico, mas realmente não vejo nenhum bom uso dele como é agora. E, na real, nem verifiquei muito se há outro tópico sobre isso, então..

O principal problema que vejo é: a mana necessária para sumonar as criaturas que são realmente úteis para níveis baixos é muito alta, o que torna impossível usá-la em hunts, por exemplo, um Shaman só terá mana suficiente para convocar um Goblin Berserker no nível 40+ (summon mais forte possível, 530 de custo de mana) quando esta criatura se torna quase inútil em uma hunt. E, quando tu chega no nível 60+, a magiao se torna quase inútil nas caçadas, porque ou teu summon é morto muito rapidamente pelo que quer que você esteja caçando ou eles são muito lentos e não conseguem acompanhar teu ritmo.

Considerando isso, tenho uma pergunta e duas sugestões que gostaria de discutir com vocês.

Pergunta: qual é o principal objetivo dessa magia no jogo? Tô ignorando ou desconheço algo em relação ao uso dela?

Sugestão 1: fazer a magia de modo que possamos convocar criaturas fortes, como Dark Knights, que podem realmente tancar e/ou infligir dano real em outras criaturas. A magia pode se tornar inútil ou 'inativa' quando o shaman se junta a uma Party, por isso seria útil apenas em caçadas solo. (O aumento da exp de estar em uma party 'forçará' o shaman a se juntar a uma quando estiver em um grupo).

Sugestão 2: fazer a magia de modo que possamos convocar criaturas com ataque à distância, como valkyries ou fire beings (esse segundo sei que não seria possível pois essa criatura é comumente usada como parte de quests), mas qualquer criatura que não tenha ataque melee e poderia funcionar como outro player atacando à distância. Novamente, uma criatura forte seria melhor pois, se for fácil demais para ser morta, ela se torna inútil.

O que vocês acham? Estou postando isso mais como uma atividade de brainstorming do que qualquer outra coisa. Acho essa magia muito interessante e com muitas possibilidades, mas não da forma como ela é agora.

Fiquem à vontade para darem sugestões ou me ajudarem a entender a função dessa magia.

Nos vemos no jogo!

Sandin
Stormy
Elder Sage

Elysium
Level 312
Mage
22nd June 2020 10:32:11

I have complained on this spell for years :) I hope that they do fix it. When I chose shaman years ago the summon spell helped make my decision
Orcus
Sage

Pharos
Level 304
Mage
22nd June 2020 18:01:23

I have found a few places that I use summons to hunt to be honest but there has not been much.

When I hunt valkyries I use two goblin beserkers because the valkyrie only really focus me and since I spend some exhaust turns healing anyway the goblin berserkers help kill it faster.

They are really only effective with monsters that dont do AOE attacks so I think adding a monster that can do range attacks to the spell would be beneficial for sure.

Orcus~
Jari Maenpaa
Player

Elysium
Level 122
Mage
17th March 2022 04:56:05

up

--too short--
Thoth
Player

Elysium
Level 86
Mage
18th March 2022 03:40:35

21st October 2021 13:46:51

Hello, good morning everyone!

I would like to suggest a change to the "beast call" spell, as it is totally useless in the game (or almost time).

My idea would be to transform the magic into a summon of a spiritual creature (own of the class) such as spiritual bear, a summon aimed at defending the magician, with great resistance and hp (based on level and magic). Spiritual Owl, help the magician by protecting him, attacking the enemy with air and nature spells. The idea is pretty superficial however a cool system could be created to give a new life to magic and the class which is also little explored. A third invocation could be aimed at regeneration (individual or party) giving healing every X seconds of health and mana.

What do you think? idea, criticism, suggestions?

Note: Google translator.:smartass::smartass: