Show staff replies in this thread
9th August 2020 13:08:33 GM Shadow View post »
Huligan
Player

Pharos
Level 196
Warrior
2nd August 2020 06:47:40

I may lack knowlegde of the barbarian class, yes. But still I dont think that change ONLY would make the classes equal.
Godlike
Premium

Pharos
Level 947
Warrior
2nd August 2020 11:40:49

Quoting Huligan:
I may lack knowlegde of the barbarian class, yes. But still I dont think that change ONLY would make the classes equal.

That's the main problem, they're not supposed to be equal.
The tank class isn't supposed to do more DPS than the DPS class :D

Currently there is no downsides to playing a paladin. Better healing, better tanking, better DPS, better speed, better PvP(This one is kinda close).

I would suggest a lot more ideas for Barbarians but if you do that the main problem of AOE will get lost in it all.

@Admin @Shadow any input?
Akustyczna Pszczolka
Player

Novus
Level 200
Warrior
2nd August 2020 14:18:52 (Last edited 2nd August 2020 14:19:22)

i hit ~200 with rage of fury on my 84 barb while 80 paladin deal with his aoe around 160 dmg so ye he deal a bit less HOWEVER 5 sqms is so easier to aim even in team hunts for me quite hard to setup mobs in front of me specially when paladin blocking and barb doing dps/being seconadary blocker

Still at my lvl range barbarian is really strong in pvp jump+rage of fury+melee is devastating looking forward to test lifesteal buff and shockwave however i have strange feeling that my aoe dmg range wont be enough to sustain healing while dealing decent dps at high lvl both solo and team hunting
Godlike
Premium

Pharos
Level 947
Warrior
2nd August 2020 14:53:57

Quoting Akustyczna Pszczolka:
i hit ~200 with rage of fury on my 84 barb while 80 paladin deal with his aoe around 160 dmg so ye he deal a bit less HOWEVER 5 sqms is so easier to aim even in team hunts for me quite hard to setup mobs in front of me specially when paladin blocking and barb doing dps/being seconadary blocker

Still at my lvl range barbarian is really strong in pvp jump+rage of fury+melee is devastating looking forward to test lifesteal buff and shockwave however i have strange feeling that my aoe dmg range wont be enough to sustain healing while dealing decent dps at high lvl both solo and team hunting

That's another major problem trying to aim a 3 sqm when monsters move SOOO often is annoying at best, especially when sometimes using CTRL+ARROWKEY bugs out.

The AOES deal close to the same damage and theirs is instant cast while ours takes 1 second to load meaning every time we use 2 they can use 3, that means they deal significantly more than us.
Nelvam Guilherme
Player

Elysium
Level 927
Warrior
2nd August 2020 15:18:52 (Last edited 2nd August 2020 15:20:01)

I don't see Paladin so strong, no, in the past, desolation reached 1 in 1 second (total damage) and reached more than 8 square meters, today the gameplay has totally changed, I reached 5 square meters in 2 seconds and adding what I got in desolation, does not double the damage.

If you think the paladin is very strong and out of the ordinary, go back to desolation and rage, as it was before, an idea

8)
Chimbin
Player

Pharos
Level 127
Warrior
4th August 2020 03:10:09

the adms really see this kind of post? i mean? we can still saying anything about barb weakness compare to paladin but if the devs never read this, is really sad xd i'm thinking on create a new chart and make paladin, if the adms swear that on next patch have a buff to barbs i'm gonna keep playing my barb, but now feels very useless, the "dmg melee class" is not true xd is just a paladin with bad heal and minor dmg :(:( very sad :(
Aegus
Player

Elysium
Level 160
Warrior
4th August 2020 03:38:01

Are we taking into account the new two handed weps for barbs? I'm smacking like a truck lol - the healing is expected we are warriors not holy tanks.

the AOE could use some retouching and the blind rush is perfecto.
Chimbin
Player

Pharos
Level 127
Warrior
4th August 2020 04:23:47

Quoting Aegus:
Are we taking into account the new two handed weps for barbs? I'm smacking like a truck lol - the healing is expected we are warriors not holy tanks.

is that a good way to get your dmg up?
Akustyczna Pszczolka
Player

Novus
Level 200
Warrior
4th August 2020 07:48:28 (Last edited 4th August 2020 08:04:31)

new 2 handed weapons looks really op but at some point u realise that u'll swap to one handed sword+shield and try to hunt aoe... then u forgot about frenzy buff aswell to keep health pool and defence as high as possible

jump is 20s cd for really nice burst dmg dunno paladins shield bash but its 6s cd so if its similar or +/- 20% dmg then kinda sux for barbarians
Godlike
Premium

Pharos
Level 947
Warrior
4th August 2020 11:45:45

Quoting Aegus:

Two handed weapons are "good" at lower levels, but once you start getting enough level to kill 2+ mobs then it diminishes rapidly in terms of PVE. Also the best 1 handed and shield has 14 secondary stats while the best 2h has only 8 secondary stats.

Once you get 200-300 you will see that paladins are currently far superior in every way to a barbarian.
1 2 3 4