9th August 2020 13:08:33 GM Shadow View post »
Godlike
Premium

Pharos
Level 903
Warrior
31st July 2020 19:52:57

Hello,

After playing a Barbarian for a little while and talking to paladins/seeing what paladins do I've came to the conclusion that Barbarian is just a inferior version of a Paladin in it's current state.

First thing first is the AOE spells.

Cleave
100% DMG to 5 targets, equalling 500% DMG done.
Instant cast with a 2 second cooldown.

Rage of Fury
100% DMG to 3 targets and 40% DMG to 5 others, equalling 500% DMG done.
1 second cast time AND a 2 second cooldown.

That means the DMG class has to tank 8 monsters to do the same DMG as the TANK, which makes zero sense at all.
This means everytime a Barbarian does 2 AOEs a Paladin can do 3.
My suggestion would be to change Rage of Fury to be close to the same as Cleave.

120% DMG to 5 targets, equalling 600% DMG done.
Instant cast with a 2 second cooldown.

The fact that paladins are better at single target, due to shield bash's high damage.
They're more tank due to their buff and the extra secondary stats from being able to use a weapon and a shield.
They have higher healing.
They have a quicker speed spell.
They do more AOE damage.

Leave your feedback.
Nelvam Guilherme
Player

Elysium
Level 927
Warrior
31st July 2020 20:42:25

I agree with you to ask to improve your class, but I hope that no longer nerf the paladins, because many are already giving up the class, and with more and more nerfs, this is only making choice and loss more difficult. the spirit of play.
Godlike
Premium

Pharos
Level 903
Warrior
31st July 2020 20:46:03

Quoting Guilherme Nelvam:
I agree with you to ask to improve your class, but I hope that no longer nerf the paladins, because many are already giving up the class, and with more and more nerfs, this is only making choice and loss more difficult. the spirit of play.

I would always suggest raising them up rather than tearing others down.
Nelvam Guilherme
Player

Elysium
Level 927
Warrior
31st July 2020 20:58:34

Quoting Paper Tank:
Quoting Guilherme Nelvam:

I would always suggest raising them up rather than tearing others down.

Okay, seeing the other class (paladin) worse than your class (barbarian) wouldn't make you stronger. This would discourage both vocations from moving forward. However, I hope it will improve for you. 8)
Craudete
Player

Elysium
Level 612
Warrior
1st August 2020 12:10:31

I agree, rage casting time should be 0.

The barbarian's damage has to be much higher than that of the paladins, due to the difference in healing and protection between them.
Revenge Clown
Player

Pharos
Level 631
Warrior
1st August 2020 13:27:05

I agree with you. I play barbarian for +- 5 years. Im just really happy with the improves we just had. In the other hand, we can still see more advantages for paladins, that includes damage. It reminds me when i first thought to be a barbarian in zezenia. My thought was, "ok i wanna be a high damage melee, not a tank" but what we can see today is that the tank can do similar damage as the "high melee damage class".. So I think it could be balance between that, but the solution is not to decrease paladins damage. For all this time warriors suffered a lot, finally we are able to do our own thing. Last point, i would say that you should take care with changes when you only look to high lvl. I took more than 5 years to build my character lvl 464 skill 170. Im no baseline to analyse "how barbs works".. think about the long way low lvls need to pass until they reach my lvl...

Thanks for all!
Huligan
Player

Pharos
Level 196
Warrior
1st August 2020 15:34:13

I would say add more damage to an Barbarian would destroy the PvP and the hits will get to strong. But I 100% agree that they need some sort of buff. Best would be an new healing spell that is some where between their current one and Paladin heal and also a spell that only increase damage against monsters.

Really good to have threads like this up. So keep discuss this topic.
Godlike
Premium

Pharos
Level 903
Warrior
1st August 2020 15:58:07

Quoting Huligan:
I would say add more damage to an Barbarian would destroy the PvP and the hits will get to strong. But I 100% agree that they need some sort of buff. Best would be an new healing spell that is some where between their current one and Paladin heal and also a spell that only increase damage against monsters.

I don't think adding 20% on top of rage of furies damage and making it like cleave would effect PvP at all, that's why I suggested that.
Making them heal a little more without changing their aoe would make no difference, they would still be worse tanks and worse DPS.

Paladins are better currently at everything, which is very odd when barbs are supposed to be the "damage dealing warrior", it even states in the game manual.

"- Paladin: The tanking class, with spells focused on strong healing and better defense.
- Barbarian: The melee damage class. Skill and damage boosting spells."

It would be nice to have some input from the staff to see what they think of the current situation.
Nelvam Guilherme
Player

Elysium
Level 927
Warrior
1st August 2020 16:21:28

Quoting Safrax:
I agree with you. I play barbarian for +- 5 years. Im just really happy with the improves we just had. In the other hand, we can still see more advantages for paladins, that includes damage. It reminds me when i first thought to be a barbarian in zezenia. My thought was, "ok i wanna be a high damage melee, not a tank" but what we can see today is that the tank can do similar damage as the "high melee damage class".. So I think it could be balance between that, but the solution is not to decrease paladins damage. For all this time warriors suffered a lot, finally we are able to do our own thing. Last point, i would say that you should take care with changes when you only look to high lvl. I took more than 5 years to build my character lvl 464 skill 170. Im no baseline to analyse "how barbs works".. think about the long way low lvls need to pass until they reach my lvl...

Thanks for all!

everything said safrax, be careful to refer to a high level, because we cannot serve as a base for beginners, I totally agree, it took a long time to get where we got to and, with the merit of level 1, we know the strength of the character from the beginning (without discriminating who bought chars, but who started at level 1 knows what they can handle from beginning to end, I think the purchases should still continue so that the characters don't die). saying that our class was stolen, but if nothing pleases anyone, come back as before, unfortunately.
I find it funny that when there was an update, many barbarians made fun of the paladins because desolation was excluded, but they did not know that the gameplay of many paladins would surprise them.

But that the barbarians improve, without reducing the paladin, as I said, making the paladin worse will not improve the barbarian 8)
Shadowzin
Player

Pharos
Level 901
Mage
1st August 2020 18:08:22 (Last edited 1st August 2020 18:19:22)

Quoting Huligan:

I dont think you know what your talking about , increasing the 2 sqm that Fury to do full damage would not affect pvp...

Its simple fix , increase the damage of Rage of fury to hit all 5sqm with the same damage or decrease the damage of the side square meters of paladin . This way the paladin or barbarian will have the same affect on area spell healing.

Of course paladins will cry if you decrease the damage of the side sqm so just increase it for barbarian.
1 2 3
Last »