1 2
This thread has been locked by a moderator.
Show staff replies in this thread
26th May 2021 11:37:22 GM Shadow View post »
Administration
Staff

17th May 2021 16:44:45

Zezenia Online is evaluating new infrastucture for our game servers. A public Test Server is now open to all players, and we hope to receive your feedback on its performance. Please take some time to play on the test server and answer these questions:

- Did you experience any lags, skips or freezes while playing?

- What is your latency (indicated by the client)? Where are you playing from, and what sort of internet connection are you using?

- Did you notice any other issues with test server?

The test client is available for download here. The server is based on a snapshot from a few days ago, so don't panic if some of your character progress is missing!

This Test Server features automatically optimized routing much like the "Game Proxy" feature, meaning that it is not available in the test client.

Based on your feedback we will decide whether the new infrastructure is a good fit for our diverse group of players in North & South America, Europe and beyond.

----

In addition to the new location, the Test Server has received various optimizations to remove possible instances of server-side skips & freezes. Game network data is now compressed to reduce data use (by over 50% in internal tests) & congestion. These improvements will be shipping soon.

You will also notice a new latency indicator in the game client. Should the latency be too high for smooth gameplay a warning will be shown.

Please give the new Test Server a try and let us know of your experience in this thread!

Sincerely,
Zezenia Staff
Gudalik
Player

Pharos
Level 118
Mage
17th May 2021 17:10:07

Left down corner is not good for that move it somewhere else
Sanguine Sanctum
Premium

Elysium
Level 300
Mage
17th May 2021 19:42:39 (Last edited 17th May 2021 19:45:49)

I didn't experience any lags, skips or freezes while playing

My latency was always 170~190, I'm playing from the northeastern part of Brazil, and I use optic fiber internet (250 MB) I'm playing on a laptop and I don't have any Ethernet cable, so I'm using Wi-Fi ever since.

I notice just 3 times the creatures stopped walking (Demonic Ents once, and Dracoliches twice) I thought it was lag, but I could walk, use spell, and they all just stood there looking at me.

Measuring the latency by the Windows Resource Monitor at the same time, the regular client was always above 100 (107~127)
while the test server client was always around 45 (40~60)... I've played for 1 hour at least

PS: increase the exp rate so we can lvl up quickly and test more in difficult areas and hunt for more time since it's just a test server, or put an experience NPC that can level u up until 500 idk
Naturstorm
Player

Pharos
Level 551
Mage
17th May 2021 21:04:26 (Last edited 17th May 2021 21:07:22)

My latency is 150 all time, sometimes 160, im opnion isnt clear that for high level
Sr Ticco
Player

Elysium
Level 567
Warrior
18th May 2021 22:09:11 (Last edited 18th May 2021 22:09:48)

my latency is 160, I didn't have any kind of freeze or any problem. I'm in the south of Brazil and my connection is 50 mb.:D
Gafus
Player

Pharos
Level 159
Mage
18th May 2021 23:39:53

I live in the Midwest region of Brazil. w/ 200mb internet connection.

My experience on the test server was a ping of 190 ~ 250 I thought it was still very high, after I tested it with a proxy I was between 150 ~ 180 I thought it was better.

I got 2 freezing moments, however, different from the normal server, the freezing return was faster, approximately 2-3 seconds.

In my opinion there were few improvements, because my biggest problem is the freezes during the hunt, where 2-3 seconds I can die in the game.

I believe that, in some way, the game route has some problem for certain regions of Brazil for some moments.

Hope this helps.
Hizy
Player

Elysium
Level 201
Mage
21st May 2021 03:39:59

This is my first test server, so I really dunno if am I missing something. But me and my friends tried face Bollahar and nothing happened. We are still there with no creatures to confront and no way to go back.
Pantela
Player

Elysium
Level 330
Ranger
22nd May 2021 20:53:50 (Last edited 22nd May 2021 21:03:15)

So, just played for a few minutes now, and:

Playing from São Paulo, fiber internet 250mbps and both wifi and cable.

ping is high imo, around 150ms and I can't click to walk, dunno if intended or not. Will keep playing and edit this later :)

I'm also experiencing some kicks and just passed by a winter wolf that didn't move at all. I'm heading to crystal drags and the monsters along the way seems lagged... lol. They take their time to start moving
Rangerzinzla
Player

Novus
Level 16
Ranger
25th May 2021 08:23:51

Great feedback from people. Looks like many people are attracted 8):smartass:
Hizy
Player

Elysium
Level 201
Mage
26th May 2021 03:28:09

Quoting Hizy:
This is my first test server, so I really dunno if am I missing something. But me and my friends tried face Bollahar and nothing happened. We are still there with no creatures to confront and no way to go back.

Really ? No reply? How could I test server if im stucked at Bollahar ?
1 2