1 2
Full Gather
Player

Zera
Level 118
Warrior
2nd December 2021 19:06:49 (Last edited 2nd December 2021 19:08:12)

Hello fellow Zezenians,

I know that there were people that tested the old talent system and posted a guide on the forums, but the information doesn’t really transfer to the new talent system well. I was wondering if there is anyone out there with the knowledge to give advice on the new talent system for specific playstyles. Looking mostly for barbarians and pyromancers, but I think it would be cool if we could start a thread for all subclasses.

Happy Hunting,

J
Merrnz
Player

Pharos
Level 224
Ranger
2nd December 2021 19:29:47 (Last edited 2nd December 2021 19:30:46)

Hello,

For this shaman the way I'm going is:-
Durability to 10 points -> Mana Steal to 10 points -> Healing to 10 points -> Rejuvenation (This is a hot topic as the effect of this talent DOES NOT stack with itself OR other shamans, so it's pointless if you're in a team with other shamans).

For a Pyromancer I went full "Glasscannon" style build, which went like this:-
Aggression to 10 points -> Mana Steal to 10 points -> Weapon boost to 10 points -> Clarity.
For a more "Tank" build I would go:-
Durability to 10 points -> Resistence to 10 points -> Healing to 10 points -> Clarity (The other level 300 talent is close to useless).

I would say for a Barbarian you want to go:-
Aggression to 10 points -> Resistence to 10 points -> Healing to 10 points -> Invincible.

The problem currently is before you can actually have fun with this talent system you need at least level 700. I'm really hoping they continue with the recent changes and make other things reward extra talent points.
Full Gather
Player

Zera
Level 118
Warrior
3rd December 2021 02:16:32

Thank you Kernz, I will definitely try those out. I agree the extra talents giving from quests are good cause for some reason it feels really slow compared to the old system.
Baltas
Player

Pharos
Level 362
Mage
3rd December 2021 06:02:17

Quoting Disciple Wix:
Thank you Kernz, I will definitely try those out. I agree the extra talents giving from quests are good cause for some reason it feels really slow compared to the old system.

Dude. The guy either trolled or have no understanding in being effective.

First talent will always be aggresion. No matter what voc you play.
Then on pyro I would strongly suggest durability. HP pool is very important on pyro. Since at lvl 100+ you will already start using life steal potions in hunts. Inferno and other area spells will heal you a lot. So having more HP is vital. +since you heal a lot on life steal on a pyro, in some cases you will be able to hunt without using your own healing spell.

third talent on pyro is not as important. If you actually wanna start saving money, you can maybe consider mana steal, but personally i would go for healing.

Once you reach 300 lvl you are ready to reset your talents as you want to have your fourth tile talent (clarity). But on pyro its harder decision what to keep, because you only can have 1 out of 2 talents in your 1pile. I would take aggresion and then be careful because you just got more fragile after losing your durability talents.

After 300 you are maxing up your durability.

Welcome at 400. You are a beast pyro with full durability/aggresion/resistance/healing/clarity.
Godzilla
Player

Pharos
Level 576
Mage
3rd December 2021 12:06:46 (Last edited 3rd December 2021 12:13:09)

Quoting Baltas:
Quoting Disciple Wix:

Then on pyro I would strongly suggest durability. HP pool is very important on pyro. Since at lvl 100+ you will already start using life steal potions in hunts. Inferno and other area spells will heal you a lot. So having more HP is vital. +since you heal a lot on life steal on a pyro, in some cases you will be able to hunt without using your own healing spell.

third talent on pyro is not as important. If you actually wanna start saving money, you can maybe consider mana steal, but personally i would go for healing.

Once you reach 300 lvl you are ready to reset your talents as you want to have your fourth tile talent (clarity). But on pyro its harder decision what to keep, because you only can have 1 out of 2 talents in your 1pile. I would take aggresion and then be careful because you just got more fragile after losing your durability talents.

Welcome at 400. You are a beast pyro with full durability/aggresion/resistance/healing/clarity.

I highly recommend to NOT listen to baltas. There is no such thing as what is best anymore as there are different routes to choose based on ur playstyle. Since I am passed the "beast pyro" level.. ive went aggresion -> legerity-> weapon -> clarity -> and I am currently building durability.

This is the best route FOR ME, not for everyone. But I think everyone can agree that hp is more important than aggresion on early stages so you build hp after 280 since unlocking clarity is ur goal.

500 extra hp at level 80 mage is so big, especially on shamans.
Merrnz
Player

Pharos
Level 224
Ranger
3rd December 2021 12:12:59

Quoting Baltas:
Quoting Disciple Wix:

Even PURELY PvE thats incorrect.

When giving my suggestions I took in to account that people actually PVP (I know Pharos is pure PvE atm).
@Rei Hino if you plan on hunting the PVP zones I would 100% take HP before dmg.
Baltas
Player

Pharos
Level 362
Mage
3rd December 2021 16:28:33

Quoting Godzilla:
Quoting Baltas:
Quoting Disciple Wix:

I highly recommend to NOT listen to baltas. There is no such thing as what is best anymore as there are different routes to choose based on ur playstyle. Since I am passed the "beast pyro" level.. ive went aggresion -> legerity-> weapon -> clarity -> and I am currently building durability.

This is the best route FOR ME, not for everyone. But I think everyone can agree that hp is more important than aggresion on early stages so you build hp after 280 since unlocking clarity is ur goal.

Why would u boost weapon on pyro. Am i missing something?
Godzilla
Player

Pharos
Level 576
Mage
3rd December 2021 17:05:44 (Last edited 3rd December 2021 17:09:51)

Quoting Baltas:
Quoting Godzilla:
Quoting Baltas:
Quoting Disciple Wix:

Why would u boost weapon on pyro. Am i missing something?

Yes.
Full Gather
Player

Zera
Level 118
Warrior
3rd December 2021 18:06:25 (Last edited 3rd December 2021 18:06:38)

See? This is why we need to have these discussions!
Robin Shoot
Player

Elysium
Level 251
Ranger
3rd December 2021 19:09:39 (Last edited 3rd December 2021 19:10:23)

Durability over aggression any day on pyro. Only exception would be if you always play with a tank. Aggression gives you +9% damage in the end (base is 110%) while durability almost doubles your health. If durability allows you to kite 1 more mob that's already more than 9% difference.
Vevay dire boars is too small now for a level 50 pyro with durabilty to give an idea of how strong it is.

For marksman you can go full offensive and if you want more defensive resistance over expertise. Durability isn't that much needed, healing is what you would lack more, but not enough to justify healing over multishot if you ask me.
Focus is always a good talent for the 4th row and if you play a lot with a blocker split arrow can definitely be nice as well.
Tested the offensive talents on the test server and for damage it's aggression > multishot > weapon boost > expertise. Was tested with hellish crossbow and 18% crit.
1 2