Show staff replies in this thread
22nd October 2022 15:36:58 CM Mercury View post »
Tokan Sado
Premium

Pharos
Level 1001
Warrior
11th October 2022 03:40:39

Paladins got nerfed in the High Levels since now we deal less damage and we can't tank much more than barbarians, you could profit here allowing us to change between our subclass like on test servers and charging like 200-300 cards with a cooldown of 6 months. Im not talking just about warrior, mages and rangers should be able to do the same.

You will profit some IRL money and see the results, in 6 months you will only have barbarians and pyromancers in the game, rangers wouldnt change much because its equaly balanced, or unbalanced since rangers sux to pve right now.

Also if you want to balance paladins you could switch from 15 fortification points to 15 healing boost points, having an extra 10% hp healing > 7.5 physical def.
Not to mention last stand, its a defensive spell, very usefull in pvp and on low lv hunts, that has a 5 minutes cd, its a defensive spell and it has a cd almost twice as long as RAGE, lower its cd and ml to acess it and you would have some balance

The worst part on being a Palading right now, isnt the damage, its the struggle to combo on hunts with long and stupid cooldowns. One exemple of my skill combo is cleave, sweeping, sweeping and repeat, so i could safely say my dmg in 3 seconds are around 2100, 1400 from cleave and 350 from each sweeping, so my AOE DPS is around 700/s. Bring back a desolation like spell that would make a paladin from my lv hits 800-1000 every 2 seconds ( to have same dps it would have to hit 930)
Thunder Hammer
Player

Elysium
Level 19
Warrior
11th October 2022 20:50:33 (Last edited 11th October 2022 22:08:19)

Quoting Tokan Sado:

Also if you want to balance paladins you could switch from 15 fortification points to 15 healing boost points, having an extra 10% hp healing > 7.5 physical def.
Not to mention last stand, its a defensive spell, very usefull in pvp and on low lv hunts, that has a 5 minutes cd, its a defensive spell and it has a cd almost twice as long as RAGE, lower its cd and ml to acess it and you would have some balance

Last stand cooldown could be lowered. 5 minutes to 3 minutes.

Instead talking about extra talents points i would like to suggest to change Fortification to be 5% up to 15% of negating of damage.

Starting 5% and each 100 levels the player gets +2% negating of damage:

Level 30-99 -> 5%
Level 100 -> 7%;
Level 200 -> 9%;
Level 300 -> 11%;
Level 400 -> 13%;
Level 500 -> 15% (Max)

Quoting Tokan Sado:

The worst part on being a Palading right now, isnt the damage, its the struggle to combo on hunts with long and stupid cooldowns. One exemple of my skill combo is cleave, sweeping, sweeping and repeat, so i could safely say my dmg in 3 seconds are around 2100, 1400 from cleave and 350 from each sweeping, so my AOE DPS is around 700/s. Bring back a desolation like spell that would make a paladin from my lv hits 800-1000 every 2 seconds ( to have same dps it would have to hit 930)

Holy Sword could be changed to be a stronger version of sweeping swipe with same range around paladin and cooldown 1s but 45% more damage. So if you hit 350 with sweeping swipe, this new spell damage should be around 500. The AOE DPS will be improved from 700 to 800-810.
Askja
Premium

Elysium
Level 702
Warrior
15th October 2022 14:20:00 (Last edited 15th October 2022 14:21:35)

Although I know some disagree with that point, it seems obvious that paladin need

- a better version of sweeping swipe.
- a reworking of Holy Sword, which is by far worst spell, almost useless, and it's complete non sense for final spell

Nevertheless, I wouldn't change Holy Sword for that new sweeping.

Here is my idea for Holy Sword :
- keep 20s cooldown
- give it more damage
- give it monster armor debuff for some seconds (could be e.g. 40%+ML ??). After all, it's *HOLY* sword :D
(I said *monster* debuff, I'm not speaking about PvP ...)

On usual monsters, no overpowering threat : mobs have around 100 armor, if you hit 50-60 more hp during 5 turns, it's really not that much.

But, it would help a lot paladins on monsters like Death, Nightmare, Haunted Draco ... It takes ridiculously long time to kill them as paladin, and it would finally be something good to have as final spell
Tokan Sado
Premium

Pharos
Level 1001
Warrior
16th October 2022 15:53:37

Quoting Askja:
Although I know some disagree with that point, it seems obvious that paladin need

- a reworking of Holy Sword, which is by far worst spell, almost useless, and it's complete non sense for final spell

- keep 20s cooldown
- give it more damage
- give it monster armor debuff for some seconds (could be e.g. 40%+ML ??). After all, it's *HOLY* sword :D

On usual monsters, no overpowering threat : mobs have around 100 armor, if you hit 50-60 more hp during 5 turns, it's really not that much.

But, it would help a lot paladins on monsters like Death, Nightmare, Haunted Draco ... It takes ridiculously long time to kill them as paladin, and it would finally be something good to have as final spell

Nobody is going to fully agree with the others opnions and suggetions but I kinda agree with you, everybody would benefit from a buff on early game spells like sweeping, even mages could benifit on a buff on blast strike. Lets say around 20-30% would already make it a decent spell im a lv 700 and my dmg is around 320-340 this is so lame.
About the holy sword, I dont think it needs a dmg buff or a total rework, I just wish it had a similar cd to shield slam, its a single target spell, its not like somebody would abuse it, and it also could fix the issue, cuz we could combo like cleave, shield slam, heal or swep, cleave, holy sword, heal or sweap, it would be playable again, plus its the only way we can kill kill running monsters without chasing it.
Disturbed Maverick
Player

Elysium
Level 208
Warrior
20th October 2022 22:39:38 (Last edited 20th October 2022 22:40:15)

Quoting Tokan Sado:

Nobody is going to fully agree with the others opnions and suggetions but I kinda agree with you, everybody would benefit from a buff on early game spells like sweeping, even mages could benifit on a buff on blast strike. Lets say around 20-30% would already make it a decent spell im a lv 700 and my dmg is around 320-340 this is so lame.
About the holy sword, I dont think it needs a dmg buff or a total rework, I just wish it had a similar cd to shield slam, its a single target spell, its not like somebody would abuse it, and it also could fix the issue, cuz we could combo like cleave, shield slam, heal or swep, cleave, holy sword, heal or sweap, it would be playable again, plus its the only way we can kill kill running monsters without chasing it.

I think cleave's cd should be 2s and shield slam could keep its features - same damage and a target spell - but cd reduced to 3s.

Quoting Askja:

- keep 20s cooldown
- give it more damage

I agree. As barbarian's spell blind rush has its damage and a second function - the jump/escape - Holy sword could receive a debuff for monsters.
Askja
Premium

Elysium
Level 702
Warrior
22nd October 2022 14:09:33

Quoting Tokan Sado:
About the holy sword [.....] its the only way we can kill running monsters without chasing it.

Yep I'm aware of that. Let's write some points about it :

- precisely my idea is fully comptabile with that feature of Holy Sword : no need of a short cooldown for a "final blow spell"

- precisely Holy Sword dmge is not enough for that : it's ridiculous, at my level 290ish, I'm usually unable to end a running Boulder Thrower with one Holy Sword "last blow". I most often still need to chase it. Keeping such a long cooldown, we could even double Holy Sword damage (pve as always, pvp is another story) with no overpowering threath, then reinforcing its "final blow" ability.

- I'm trying to make Holy Sword something more interesting than just another annoying single hit blow to rotate with.

- Another idea : instead of just adding instant damage, maybe we could imagine add some bleed/poison damage to Holy Sword. Would be very pleasant to see a running mob finally killed some seconds later

At the very end, we would obtain a very handy single hit spell with 2 functions, which is very coherent with the fact it's a final spell with much mana spent :
- weakening a mob coming to you
- ending a mob running from you

;)
CM Mercury
Community Manager

22nd October 2022 15:36:58

Thank you all for your feedback and the discussion regarding class balancing. I am reading this thread as well and looking for solutions to better balance the classes.

Different classes should have their own benefits but currently the experience gap outweighs the class differences. This will be looked in to and changes should be applied accordingly :)

-Mercury
« First
6 7 8