1 2 3
Last »
CM Mercury
Community Manager

4th November 2022 20:45:57 (Last edited 4th November 2022 20:47:12)

Hi,

Welcome to discuss the details of the next server, whether it'd be a seasonal or a permanent server.
If you have ideas for the server, please post them here.

As an example.

Seasonal or not
PVP system
Experience rate
Level cap (if any)
Details: "Let's have all characters run at the same speed"

I'll do few examples

Seasonal
50/50 PVP
200 level cap
Details: Characters get points for PVP participation

Permanent server
50/50 PVP
2x exp
No level cap
Details: "Brand new server, start from the scratch and have fun!"

Feel free to add more lines, this is just as really simplified example.

-Mercury
Kinglock
Player

Zera
Level 78
Mage
4th November 2022 21:01:56

Quoting CM Mercury:
Hi,

Welcome to discuss the details of the next server, whether it'd be a seasonal or a permanent server.
If you have ideas for the server, please post them here.

As an example.

Seasonal or not
PVP system
Experience rate
Level cap (if any)
Details: "Let's have all characters run at the same speed"

I'll do few examples

Seasonal
50/50 PVP
200 level cap
Details: Characters get points for PVP participation

Permanent server
50/50 PVP
2x exp
No level cap
Details: "Brand new server, start from the scratch and have fun!"

Feel free to add more lines, this is just as really simplified example.

-Mercury

I would say fixed permanent server with exp rate x2 or x3 mixed pvp so many old and new players will come back clear with some new quest improvements etc that it is not the same but different so that they are encouraged to stay
Lackae
Player

Pharos
Level 48
Warrior
4th November 2022 21:02:28 (Last edited 4th November 2022 21:04:09)

Permanent server
Rotating PVP with bonuses like the seasonals (Could add more areas to be PVP etc if needed)
1-2x exp
No level cap
Details: "I would say this would be best to happen after balancing changes"

I think reducing the exp rates again allows for buffing some consumables to make the game have a better income (Like making the EXP scrolls from 10-25% etc) you would have more wiggle room with adding things like that.
Natural Stormrage
Player

Pharos
Level 297
Mage
4th November 2022 21:05:15

IF seasonal server

* Minimum of 50% area is pvp, (not the usual bersund, ben q etc) more of the map in rotation. Hardcore spawn should ALWAYS be PvP zones.
* Seasonal servers should be high exp, and last shorter duration than the previous ones. 1-2month MAX.
* Fix PvP system that you would get "red skull" as in normal server, just not have the "Frag per day" system.
* Possibility to have movement speed cap if speedrated exp, movementspeed is too op in PvP.
* ???? might add more.

* Full PvP
* 1 or 2x exp
* Nothing more to it really, rooting for this option tho :)
Agron
Player

Pharos
Level 593
Warrior
4th November 2022 21:15:03 (Last edited 4th November 2022 21:16:35)

I would say new permanent 2x server mixed pvp 50/50. Full pvp will just die again because there are too many power hungry people, it will cancel power abusers.

Edit: we need something new, not pharos 2.0.
Peacock
Player

Pharos
Level 16
Warrior
4th November 2022 21:19:12 (Last edited 4th November 2022 21:19:23)

Permanent 2x, mixed player vs player plx. Maybe 2 continents pvp per 2 weeks?

Permanent will also give Luke the time to beat me in pging:smartass::smartass:

Only love Luke<3 you were an awesome contestant.

Yours,

Dynasol
Ragnarok Black
Player

Pharos
Level 99
Ranger
4th November 2022 21:20:14

A permanent server would be great but I would like the xp to be x4 and Eidos quest hero to give a more comfortable reward or make arnes come back again, if the server would be 50/50 pvp and non-pvp it would be great if some island free sea pvp and some island vip no-pvp for example gulsham village would be a pvp island and bersund no-pvp
Erfort
Sage

Pharos
Level 170
Mage
4th November 2022 21:37:16

I would go for a premanent server with low xp rate which is max 2x. It could be pvp with one rotating non-pvp contitent.
Ajama
Premium

Pharos
Level 15
Ranger
4th November 2022 21:48:00 (Last edited 5th November 2022 09:35:34)

* Sidenote:

For reference - played every seasonal server - Hall Of Fame 2x. The usual format of the seasonal servers are getting tiring for people whos been around.

4 seasonal servers has been run, your community knows every bad/good aspect of a server in zezenia by now - please value and adapt to the response you get instead of trying your own ideas(I know many have felt they do proposals but 5% is implemented, but we are the ones playing the game - I think this is fair to mention, atleast its getting better now).

* Seasonal server:

Benq, Ice islands, Aranagua (including hardcore zones) always pvp, with same fragsystem as the former seasonals with the exception of only getting blue skulled, you should be able to get red skull so you have time to catch up to the killer.
Last seasonals has shown that only getting blue skulled makes it too easy to get away with sneaks, many times people killed and just entered a pz-zone nearby or even logged out cuz it was always possible to do so.

High rated xp (10x -> 3x, interval: 50 lvls) or solid 4x. - Duration: Max 2 months, if the point is temporary fun anyway.

Speedcap at lvl.300.

Seasonal points for frags involved in guild-wars (maybe guild-war function will finally be used).
How you work around people creating random guilds for points is the question tho, what war is legit!?!?!? :p

* Permanent server:

I'd be fine with a permanent mixed pvp if it meets the conditions of my seasonal proposal above regarding pvp-rotation - hardcore zones and skullsystem(allowing redskull instead of only blue, disgarding fragsystem(frags per day etc).
XP: 1x or 2x all the way, i'd say 1x would be interessting for a server like this.
Speedcap is not as nessecary if the server is 1x, In that case I wouldnt vote for any speedcap.

I strongly recommend whatever the decision may be for any server seasonal/mixed - DO actually make hardcore spawns PVP, this has bugged people hard the last seasonals AND make the redskull enabled.

These are the " IF - servers "

- However, my vote goes for:

* Permanent Hardcore Pvp Server (no frag system and red skull enabled).
1x xp.
No speedcap since its 1x xp and if you lvl hard you deserve it all.

(I hope the big diffs in xp gains between classes will be solved tho, if its not going to be, I think i'd actually give the permanent mixed server mentioned above a try. Also, ban people who obviously bot for xp, the fact that this is to some degree... allowed/not allowed????..??? :p impacts permanent servers super-hard, it also impacts newcomers more then you think ).
Captain Fuzzy Piddle
Player

Zera
Level 209
Mage
4th November 2022 21:58:07 (Last edited 5th November 2022 00:58:03)

Prefer -Low Rate Permanent PVP Server with possible single rotating non pvp city.

Seasonal Fast Rate 2 Months Max!

Please do something about cavebotters....
1 2 3
Last »