Here are some of the highlights, and you will find the full changelog below:
Elite monsters are a new class of rare spawns in addition to enraged monsters! Elites are fierce and tough with three times the HP and twice the damage. They reward brave hunters with 10x experience and almost guaranteed rare drops!
You will recognize elite monsters from their eerie black glow and icon. Be careful!
Entering a dungeon now has a small chance of taking your party to a Bonus Dungeon! Clear the bonus and its unique monsters to find the treasure chest! Bonus dungeons are available on dungeons with premium card entry.
New Minimap Icons
New minimap icons have been added for temples, depots, various NPC's and Arne task locations.
Ingame Tooltips & Quest Dialogs
Signs, portals and other objects now display tooltips on mouseover. Certain quests now show a loot popup with gained items.
PvP blessings & murder
PvP death loss recovery has been replaced with a PvP blessing available from NPC Albert in Bersund. Blessed players lose 50% less experience when dying in PvP combat. Deaths from before the update are still recoverable in any temple.
Murder state is now gained from 5 unjustified kills in a day, 10 kills in a week or 15 kills in a month. Murderers may drop one to two items on death, and serial murderers will always drop items. Bags are not dropped. They may bribe NPC Collin or Lasse with gold to remove their skull.
Elysium and Pharos have moved to new hardware! Our new game server features cutting edge hardware and is located in a new North American data center. We hope that this gives the best lag free experience for players yet. Let us know what you think.
And much more
This is just a peek at some of the new things in the update! There are countless tweaks, improvements and fixes. You can review the full changelog below:
Quoting Full changelog for Zezenia Online 7.3:
- Numerous Class and Subclass changes; details listed below.
- Added rare Elite monsters with 10x experience and rare loot. Elite monsters have more health and inflict more damage than usual.
- Added Bonus Dungeons. Players entering a dungeon with Premium Card entry have a chance to be sent into a bonus dungeon. Bonus dungeons feature new monsters and treasure chests to open.
- PvP death loss recovery has been replaced with PvP blessings from NPC Albert in Bersund. Deaths from before the update are still recoverable.
- Stamina consumption is now based on gained experience. Stamina recovers when the player has not gained any experience for 15 minutes.
- Added a new World chat channel for general banter.
- Added mouseover tooltips to game world signs, portals and other objects.
- Added loot popup windows on quest progress and completion.
- Added rotation controls: CTRL, Space, or Shift + WASD can be used to turn as well as CTRL + right-clicking your character.
- Added buff queuing for certain spells. Overriding buffs will now place the previously active buff in queue.
- Updated minimap icons for temples, deposit buildings, monster spawns, Arne tasks and more.
- Kill counters can now be minimized separately from the experience calculator.
- Improvements to many raids, from changed spawns to improved loot and quests.
- Numerous sprite changes and improvements. New dragon and dragon boss sprites. New Great Glory item sprites, new animations, spell icons, and more!
- Brewing skill now increases the strength of most brewable potions for the player.
- Added an on screen warning when running out of arrows and projectiles.
- Added subclass tutorials on reaching level 30.
- NPC Hefferin is visiting Ellaria Castle temporarily. He is a bag trader and will accept empty Warriorís Rucksacks for a Magicianís Bag or Rangerís Satchel.
- Drunken players will no longer stumble out of protection zones.
- Special outfits can now be changed out of easily.
- Fixed the Mainlander achievement. If you haven't received yours, talk to Jasmine in Eidos.
- Other minor bug fixes.
- Unjustified frags now result in murder state at 5 kills/day, 10 kills/week and 15 kills/month.
- Murderers may drop one item on death. Serial murderers always drop one or two items on death. Bags are not dropped. A skull can be paid off with gold at NPC Collin.
- The movement slowdown for serial murderers has been reduced.
- Blessings are now bought using bank gold.
- A number of new spell icons.
- Improved spell animations of various spells.
- Adjustments to spell premium account requirements.
- Improved boss heavy damage warnings.
- Gathering speed has been increased in exchange for more gatherables on completion.
- New buff colors to help distinguish certain spells and buffs.
- Small changes to Hardcore Hunting Zones.
- Added missing items to Market and NPC Teddy.
- Battle lockout timer is now 25 seconds.
- Mana flask cost has been increased and PvM mana return adjusted slightly.
- Some items have had additional stats adjusted to fit with subclass changes.
- Premium accounts can now store 1000 friends & foes.
- Experience boost scrolls sold on the Premium Shop now last for two hours. (Scrolls currently in rotation are not affected).
- The attack statistic of the currently equipped weapon now adds a 1-11% boost on many spells.
- Added Cleave, a new frontal AoE spell.
- Added Shield Slam, a high damage single target close quarters spell with a chance of stunning the enemy. The defense strength of the equipped shield effects the spell.
- Added Last Stand, a final life saving spell negating 50% of damage for 15 seconds.
- The Desolation spell has been removed.
- Holy Sword cooldown has been reduced from 30 seconds to 20 seconds.
- Holy Sword Support has been removed.
- Added new two handed weapons. Barbarians may still wield a one hand weapon with a shield when needed.
- Blind Rush now inflicts damage with a reduced cooldown.
- Bloody Cross has been replaced with Shockwave, a frontal AoE spell.
- Desperate Jump has been replaced with a new aggressive life leech survival spell Blood Thirst.
- Rage of Fury now inflicts more damage in front of the caster.
- Rage now lasts 30 seconds. Melee and defending values have been adjusted.
- Frenzy no longer adds a speed boost.
- All bows now have defensive stats similar to wands.
- New class bag available from Adriano Daily.
- Enchanted Javelin is now a base Ranger spell. The cost and cooldown has been adjusted.
- Blood Theft has been replaced with a new heal over time spell Meditation.
- Hellish Volley cooldown has been increased to 3 seconds with damage adjusted accordingly.
- Spread Shot damage has been adjusted.
- Ruthless Execution is now available to use at <30% HP. PvM damage has been boosted significantly. Cooldown and cost have also been adjusted.
- Added Mystic Guard, a survival spell allowing 40% damage to be taken as mana temporarily.
- All mage buffs (Fortitude Growth, Absorbing Aura, Fire Shield) have been reduced in strength slightly. This change is a < 5% increase in damage taken.
- Mage Natural Magic Resistance vs other mages in PvP has been adjusted slightly targeting levels 500+. Most players will not notice any change.
- Advanced Soulfire pattern and damage has been adjusted.
- Spirituality talent now gives 10 mana per point.
- New class bag available from Adriano Daily.
- Raise of Pace Spell has been reduced significantly in both duration and speed boost.
- Cross of Annihilation cooldown has been reduced to 3 seconds from 6 seconds.
- Holy Sword has been removed.
- Meteor Shower has a new damage mechanic, formula and animation.
- Inferno radial damage has been adjusted to decrease damage more strongly at the edges.
This update is the result of half a year of work, and we're happy to share it with you! There's a lot more coming for Zezenia Online, so please stay tuned.
See you ingame!