1 2
Show staff replies in this thread
5th July 2020 18:25:47 GM Shadow View post »
Mern
Player

Pharos
Level 358
Ranger
4th July 2020 14:14:44 (Last edited 4th July 2020 14:25:32)

Hello everyone,
This is going to be a long post about the various problems I've seen within the game while a few of us are currently playing "Group Ironman" characters. Ironman means we have to be self sufficient, only able to use equipment we have looted between us.

LOOT/GOLD
The main problem I've seen is the massive amount of reliance on gold tasks, currently the monsters I've came across have really bad loot rates on everything from "noob" items to the top end items, it seems as though everything has a 1/1k loot rate.

This makes hunting really boring and the lower tier items obsolete before even been aquired.

My suggestion would be having a structured loot table like that of Oldschool Runescape. But I would remove the ability to hand tasks in for gold.

Creature Products - 1/6 - 1/10
Common - 1/28
Uncommon - 1/56
Rare - 1/112
Very rare - 1/256
Ultra rare - 1/512

This would give hunting more of a fun feeling to it rather than only looting gold bars in a task of 280 monsters.

SKILLING
Currently the start of a Warrior or Ranger is a very abysmal experience compared to that of a Mage and this is due to the lack of skills in the early game.

On Pharos doing the complete set of Arne quests gain you around 52/52 skills on a warrior, whilst a mage gets somewhere around 43 magic level. 52/52 skills on a warrior gives you very minimal damage (Due to a lot of monsters increasing in defence while not gaining any magic resistance). Then getting a Thorvald/Osvald Hard Long tasks only grants around 200% per 2.5 days.

This results in very slow progression and even slower if you die, as a Ranger/Warrior you cannot gain back what is lost until your next "Training slot".

What I would suggest is extending Arne tasks as follows granting you around 70-75 skills once all tasks are complete.

Lions - 280
Werebears - 350
Golems - 500
Orknie Riders - 750
Horned Dragons - 1000
Dragons - 1500

I would also like to see the Challenege points extended, where you can exchange 1-5 points to reduce your training by 10 hours. This would mean the more tasks you do(more activity) the more skills you can gain.

THORVALD/OSVALD
Currently these task givers are mainly used for Training and Gold tasks and hardly ever for XP rewards. The challenge point system is a really good idea but also very poorly executed.

My suggestions would be.
Remove gold tasks from the kill section
Remove challenge point gain from collect tasks
Increase XP rewards from the tasks by 300%

Rework the challenge point system
Easy task = 1 point
Medium task = 2 points
Hard task = 3 points
A short task will result in no extra points awarded, A medium task will result in 1 extra point and a long task will result in 2 extra points.

5 points = 10 hour skilling reduction
10 points = 1 premium card
20 points = 3 dungeon tickets
20 points = 1 xp scroll
50 points = 25% increase on your next XP task

BARBARIANS
Currently Barbarians have no advantage at the early game over a paladin, this continues till magic level 10 but even then the advantage is minimal.

Barbarians have the same healing as a Ranger but have to also take melee hits, making them less efficient than a ranger as rangers do not need to take those melee hits.

Two handed weapons where added which made Barbarians have something unique and fun, but the system was not thought through at all. Currently your first two handed weapon is the Heroic Blade which is dropped from a Mammoth, then your next weapon is the Gigantic Warhammer which is dropped from Galiantors or a Devil.

My suggestions would be as follow.
Restrict Barbarians to two handers only.
Give a two handed weapon on class subclass completion
Give all two handed weapons 5% base life steal going up to 10% on the final 2h

Add more two handed weapons between Heroic Blade and Gigantic
Barbarian axe - 23.2 / 5% crit
Great Slicer - 24.1 / 2 melee +2% crit
Gigantic Blade - 24.8 / 2 melee +3% crit
Spiked Maul - 25.3 / 1 melee +5% crit
Add a two handed weapon to the level 100 quest 27-28 attack, 2 melee +5% crit.

I will not comment on the damage output compared to a Paladin as of yet, as I've not had the time or people to test between the two.

FORUMS/OTHER
Elite and Red monsters.
It's a really nice system but even with the current event they seem very very rare, I would suggest the new spawn rate.
Red monsters - 1/33
Elite monsters - 1/100

Current magic stealing monsters
While gathering I've noticed mana stealing monsters in the wall, I know this is to "TRY" and stop botters but this is something which bot do NOT care about at all, the only thing it does is harm and annoy manual players. There are many other ways to help with the botting problem rather than hurting your normal player base or making everything a CHORE.
You also ruined Raging curses by adding this to their spells.

Stamina
Reset stamina at a specific time every day, so you're not punished for hunting past your stamina.

Just a few small suggestions for the forums.
Make it so you're able to centre text.
Add a upvote/downvote system.

Thanks if you got the end.
Van Moof
Player

Pharos
Level 295
Ranger
4th July 2020 15:08:57

Good proposals +1

Really like this ->
"Rework the challenge point system
Easy task = 1 point
Medium task = 2 points
Hard task = 3 points
A short task will result in no extra points awarded, A medium task will result in 1 extra point and a long task will result in 2 extra points.

20 points = 1 xp scroll
50 points = 25% increase on your next XP task"

Rewarding the people that put more effort in playing the game.
Akolix
Player

Elysium
Level 231
Warrior
4th July 2020 15:26:23

Yes please!
<Short>
Boldking
Player

Pharos
Level 66
Ranger
4th July 2020 20:25:31

Change this things and ill be back
Shadowzin
Premium

Pharos
Level 901
Mage
4th July 2020 21:37:06

Quoting Je Kkr Moeder:
Good proposals +1

Really like this ->
Easy task = 1 point
Medium task = 2 points
Hard task = 3 points

20 points = 1 xp scroll

They should also make it that higher levels can do medium and long tasks , punishing people in the game because they are leveling is so stupid and makes the game look bad . i know lots of people that quit because the training system is terrible.
Marbus
Player

Elysium
Level 408
Warrior
4th July 2020 22:15:59

Quoting Caste:
Quoting Je Kkr Moeder:
Good proposals +1

Really like this ->
Easy task = 1 point
Medium task = 2 points
Hard task = 3 points

20 points = 1 xp scroll

They should also make it that higher levels can do medium and long tasks , punishing people in the game because they are leveling is so stupid and makes the game look bad . i know lots of people that quit because the training system is terrible.

I agree, but I think it is difficult to make changes with the task.
Moreover to have medium / hard we would need to have stronger mobs.
Backdoor Billy
Player

Pharos
Level 498
Warrior
5th July 2020 05:52:57

Not rly Just make longer task to spend more Time to do it. Like from 120 devils to 250.
Baltas
Player

Pharos
Level 362
Mage
5th July 2020 08:00:47

Quoting Optimussss:
Not rly Just make longer task to spend more Time to do it. Like from 120 devils to 250.

If longer would mean harder, then those high lvls would benefit even more than lower lvls.

Easy/medium/hard gives the rmultiplication on the reward.
Short/medium/long is the number which will be multiplied.

At later stage people want very very log tasks if they decide to bring it for gold or exp. Trust me, every mage lvl 500 would rather get 1000 demonic ents on a task rather than 50. Cuz it just takes more time to bring in 50 demonic ents as a task than to make it. So for the same reward u would have to go 20 times to he city.
(+ if it was easy on 50 demonic ents and now it would be hard, then reward would be double perkill or 40x more on 1000 demonics than on 50)
Van Moof
Player

Pharos
Level 295
Ranger
5th July 2020 08:49:46

Quoting Caste:

I agree
Backdoor Billy
Player

Pharos
Level 498
Warrior
5th July 2020 14:47:42

@baltas 1st start play
2nd try make a good task for skills at 400+
3rd write here
1 2