Published: Saturday, October 2, 2021
The Zezenia Online Fall Update has been released! As always, your client will update automatically, or you may download Zezenia here
. Steam users may need to restart to receive the update.
Here's what's new:
The newly added Bestiary
details all monsters to be found in the world of Zezenia and serves as a personal collection. Killing a monster will unlock its bestiary page along with common stats & loot.
Avid beast collectors can work to familiarize themselves and ultimately master each monster, unlocking very rare loot along the way. Bestiary kills are shared between all players. Newly added Beast Collector
, Beast Master
& Beast Grandmaster
achievements are earned by unlocking & mastering monsters in the bestiary.
The Bestiary can be opened from the new Library
menu or using CTRL + B.
are available for purchase in the bestiary using noble Zezenian coins. Options include a +25% experience boost, increased enraged & elite spawns and a monster health debuff.
Active boosts are shared with all players in the game world, and can be seen on login & from the Bestiary. Generous community members will receive thanks for their boost purchases!
New Talents System
The new Talent System features a unique talent tree for each subclass. Talents are divided into three unlockable tiers
. Players can specialize in one of two subclass specific special talents
Each talent can be assigned 10-15 points depending on subclass. One assignable point is gained every 10 levels. For instance, a Paladin may assign five extra points to the Fortification talent.
In addition to existing talents Durability, Spirituality, Legerity, Expertise, Aggression, Fortification, Resistance, Healing & Weapon Boost the following talents are new:
* Mana Steal
: returns 10 mana points per talent point on each basic attack.
* Multi Strike
: adds a 2% chance per point to inflict an additional strike on each attack. (50% damage in PvP)
: increases potion duration by ~4% per talent point.
Starting at level 300 new Special Talents are available by subclass:
: Hailstorm inflicts additional damage and slows down hit creatures.
: Heal Friend and Shamanic Friend heal over time.
: Mystic Guard reduces damage by an additional 20% on top of 40% from mana.
: areal spells inflict extra damage around their edges.
: Deathblow inflicts additional damage over 6 seconds.
: increases the strength of Advanced Soul Fire and Cross of Annihilation.
: increases Last Stand duration to 25 seconds.
: Shield Slam damage & stun chance is increased. Adds damage-based healing.
: increases Rage duration to 30 seconds.
: adds strong life steal to Rage buff.
: adds a poisonous element to Barbed Arrow.
: turns Traps into larger Ice Traps.
: turns Piercing Shot into a full frontal wave. Armor reduction remains only from direct line hits.
: increases Critical Continuum duration to 30 seconds.
The full talent tree for each subclass is visible ingame.
Discover the Library
Information about each subclass and their spells & talents can be found within the new Library
The ingame Library will expand over time to include a full map, item & equipment data and more.
The level 300+ Ice Dungeon
is about to open for business! Fight your way up a narrow mountain to the top for great rewards. Beware, as you will be challenged by never seen before beasts, which are surely lethal.
The new dungeon will be available on a Public Test Server opening later this weekend. It will open soon afterwards.
The beginner town of Eidos and associated beginner quests has received a major overhaul. Discover a new old town of many hardships following a war with the mad wizard Bollahar.
Eidos houses have been moved and replaced in the map. As previously announced, the former owners of these homes now have exclusive bidding rights to newly added houses. Your items have been moved to the depot.
New Bandit Camps
have appeared across the map. Make your way to these outlaw encampments through the world map to clear them & loot their treasure.
Unfortunately, crime is spreading across the lands and new encampments will appear in the future. The difficulty level of each camp will vary from low to high levels, with the first camps tailored towards beginners.
World Map Changes
Added new solo hunting spawns for Werebear & Mighty Magician Werebear.
Added new islands: solo Geck'zah area & team Crabs & Unholy Dreadlords. **Upcoming SS**
Expanded Devil spawn.
Slightly expanded Dreadlord spawn.
Slightly expanded Chenoo spawn.
New in Zezenia
- The Bestiary: collect every monster in Zezenia to your personal bestiary. Master each monster to unlock loot information and gain achievements.
- New Talents System: each subclass has their own talent tree with varying tiers & two special talents to choose from. Player base stats before talent effects have been buffed.
- New Eidos: discover the new old beginner town ravaged by war. Exact revenge on the mad wizard Bollahar for the people of Eidos by completing the new chain of beginner quests.
- Bandit Camps: look out for newly added outlaw encampments on the World Map. Raid and clear them out for random loot.
- The Library: discover information about monsters, spells, subclasses & talents inside the game.
- New Outfits: purchase Wildling Outfit Scrolls from the Premium Shop. Switch to two new beginner outfits for free.
- Replaced Talents in the Abilities window with equipment and talent Stats.
- Added a network latency indicator. The indicator can be toggled in game settings.
- Added opt-in automatic crash & bug reports. Error reports are submitted if the game client crashes. Reporting can be toggled in the game settings.
- Added minimap markers for all boats.
- Added the option to show an inline mana bar below the health bar.
- Added a warning on login if there are insufficient funds in the bank for house rent.
- Added the ability to swap equipment by dragging an item on top of an occupied slot.
- Refreshed various monster sprites.
- Certain spells are no longer usable behind walls or on targets in protection areas.
- Arena & dungeon restricted spells are now disabled in the Castle War event.
- A loot dialog is now shown on dungeon completion if any items are received.
- Improved quest log organization & sorting.
- Lower level raid broadcasts are now only seen in nearby areas.
- Reduced damage output speed of Traps slightly.
- Server & client performance & networking improvements.
- Fixed issues with right clicking items in overlapping container windows.
- Fixed a rare issue with players being unable to walk after login.
See you ingame!