Please note: this update is still a work in progress and all damage, cooldown, spell costs, etc. are not final! We look forward to your feedback and making adjustments and fixes. If you encounter any issues with the test server, please let us know!
New High Level Content
This update features numerous new monsters, new mechanics, spells and spawns for high level players! Watch out for Icy Terror, Chenoo, Chivo, Hellborne and Hellborne Imps!
Bring your high level party together to raid the Chenuk boss. Remember, there is no turning back! These creatures pose a challenge to even the toughest players.
An all new level 300 dungeon has been added! This dungeon has two instances and an extremely challenging Bonus Dungeon. (Not available on the Test Server)
New Mini Bosses
Discover various new mini boss raids and quests around Eidos.
The Noble Store is open for business! Purchase various services and items in exchange for Noble Zezenian Coins. Noble Coins can be purchased using bank gold and their price fluctuates weekly.
More Free Content
The Ben Qarassih area is now free to travel for all players. Premium requirements for all spells have been removed.
On high resolution displays the spell bar now includes 48 hotkeys including CTRL and Shift modifiers for F1 - F12.
New players to Zezenia Online are now guided through the beginning of their journey with on-screen arrows.
Existing minimap markers can now be edited. New icons have been added for custom markers.
And much more! The full changelog is below:
- New high-level monsters, new spells and spawns: Icy Terror, Chenoo, Chivo, Hellborne, and Hellborne Imp.
- A completely new high-level raid boss experience: Chenuk.
- An all new level 300 dungeon. Includes two instances and an extremely challenging bonus dungeon. (Not available on Test Server)
- Numerous new mini-boss 'raids/spawns' with unique sprites: Ah Muzen Cab, Gazamadan, Scabbers, Vyrmiss, Tarsoss, Granrot, Haman and Jake Hawthorne.
- Jovsrettok, Birlusk, and Bliatheroith have become stronger with unique new spells, beware!
- Significant updates to Ranger class with all new mechanics, spells and gear. Full details below.
- New and improved quests primarily in level 1 - 60, including better gear and training progression. Adjusted collect task item amounts.
- New monster Smuggler. Added new smuggler forts.
- Added 24 new hotkeys (CTRL and Shift + F1 through F12) for high resolution displays.
- Added the Noble Store which sells various items and services in exchange for noble Zezenian coins. Bank gold can be exchanged for noble coins in the store.
- Added 24 Hour Premium Time and Reset Stamina services to the Noble Store.
- Added one hour golden glow potions to the Noble Store.
- Added on-screen arrows to guide the player in the beginner island, Jasmine's First Task and first Arne's Tasks.
- Most damage spell formulas now include skill level in addition to level, magic level and weapon stats.
- Hellish Volley cooldown increased to five seconds.
- Added new quivers.
- Consolidated arrow creation spell based on equipped weapon (Conjure Ammunition).
- Spread Shot has been moved to Marksman.
- Added Barbed Arrow: targeted hit with four ticks of damage over 8 seconds.
- Added Traps with a 2x3 area in front of the caster. Traps slow down and damage creatures in their area.
- Belligerent Focus changed to add some defense without removing HP. Skill boost has been reduced.
- Added Attack Speed Buff (Vengeance): 150% for 20 seconds.
- Evasion now includes damage reduction for 8 seconds.
- Short Escape is now a solo cast spell.
- Cure has been removed.
- Spread Shot has been moved to Marksman.
- Offensive Imminence remains roughly the same.
- Taunt: now returns mana in any situation (PvP & PvM), still removes mana from target in PvP.
- Added Steady Shot: a hard hitting single target spell that takes one second of staying still to cast.
- Piercing Shot now does roughly 50% more damage.
- Added Spread Shot (from Rogue).
- Iron Endurance has been removed.
Improvements and fixes
- Expanded default spells.
- Ben Qarassih is now free to access.
- All spells are now free to use.
- Completed bonus dungeons now count towards the dungeon. Bonus chests now display a loot popup.
- Characters now start with 10 mana at level 1.
- Added support for editing custom minimap markers.
- Added new icon options to custom minimap markers.
- Loot popups expanded to cover all quests.
- Two handed weapon added to Birlusk Gift #4 (level 100 quest).
- New items added to 4k achievement chests.
- Numerous map additions, fixes and improvements. Including a new Goblin Berserker spawn in free areas, expanded Lizard Spellweaver spawn and more.
- Updated the minimap color scheme.
- New sprite for Rogue.
- Non-ingredient items can no longer be placed in the brewing dialog.
- Improved ice themed tileset to expand and compliment the ice islands.
- Improved lava/basaltic ground tileset.
- Fixed empty spaces in the friends list.
- Fixed issues with the Warlord achievement.
- Fixed issues changing out of special outfits.
- Improved FPS limit behavior and disabled limit by default. Players may want to adjust the limit depending on their hardware.
- Removed the legacy DirectDraw renderer.
See you ingame!