1 2
This thread has been locked by a moderator.
Show staff replies in this thread
23rd November 2018 09:16:09 GM Eden View post »
23rd November 2018 13:01:24 GM Quillon View post »
Baltas
Player

Pharos
Level 362
Mage
23rd November 2018 09:54:47

Quoting Huligan:
The exp boost in party was still not the problem, was nice that Zezenia had a great team hunt features made team hunts very nice. But atleast new staff testning new stuff, lisent to the people and i respect that alot. GOOD JOB!

Sadly now its back that Pyromancer EXP away faster then other solo, before players could atleast keep up little with the party-hunting. IMO this destroyes the nice feature of team-hunting but lets test it out. Because I got some new players and they like that we go hunt together and can sit talk shit being on same screen instead of hunting spread out like other games just because team-hunting are way worse exp.

Theres still a boost for party hunt, so you can't say it's not worth to team hunt. You know we used to team hunt without any boost before.
Pyro also got nerfed. Ye, they are doing a lot better exp than the others solo, but now their buff is weaker than shamans and there is death loss. So future high lvl pyros won't be able to make as much exp as 6 months old high lvl pyromancers. Cuz they were luring a lot to max out effectiveness of their inferno and they sometimes died. It won't work. They will have to lure less and their exp will drop.
Not the case at lvl 100-150, because pyros hunt dire boars at that level.
Huligan
Player

Pharos
Level 196
Warrior
23rd November 2018 10:16:11

Quoting Baltas:
Quoting Huligan:
The exp boost in party was still not the problem, was nice that Zezenia had a great team hunt features made team hunts very nice. But atleast new staff testning new stuff, lisent to the people and i respect that alot. GOOD JOB!

Sadly now its back that Pyromancer EXP away faster then other solo, before players could atleast keep up little with the party-hunting. IMO this destroyes the nice feature of team-hunting but lets test it out. Because I got some new players and they like that we go hunt together and can sit talk shit being on same screen instead of hunting spread out like other games just because team-hunting are way worse exp.

Theres still a boost for party hunt, so you can't say it's not worth to team hunt. You know we used to team hunt without any boost before.
Pyro also got nerfed. Ye, they are doing a lot better exp than the others solo, but now their buff is weaker than shamans and there is death loss. So future high lvl pyros won't be able to make as much exp as 6 months old high lvl pyromancers. Cuz they were luring a lot to max out effectiveness of their inferno and they sometimes died. It won't work. They will have to lure less and their exp will drop.
Not the case at lvl 100-150, because pyros hunt dire boars at that level.

Can someone give Baltas sage? His fucking smart he plays chess, I really mean it give Baltas sage! You got really good arguments and yes we was hunting without back in the days but i still think the problem wasnt in the team hunt boost :)

And staff give Baltas Sage rank.
Deadpool
Player

Pharos
Level 472
Ranger
23rd November 2018 10:20:45 (Last edited 23rd November 2018 19:20:45)

Wallex
Player

Elysium
Level 395
Warrior
23rd November 2018 12:21:48

Destroying party hunting solves zero problems. It will makes classes that can make great exp solo even better. -1 problems solved.

It's good to hear community, but it doesn't mean the community is always right, we are angry players unsatisfied with the game that see problems in everything. I'd like to hear from staff why that changes are made, from their point of view. What was the problem and how the changes solves the problem?

If players are hunting in party, it's because the are enjoying the game hunting with their mates. You don't like players enjoying your game their's way? They must enjoy the game the way staff want? Is party hunting really a problem? As Whistup stated, party exp/h isn't that great, pyros can make even more hunting solo.

Always hear the community. Keep in mind the Dunning–Kruger effect. Test your changes and how it will impact the players. Ask your self why are you making those changes, what is it solving. Talk more with us, answer our question with your point of view.
GM Quillon
Game Master

23rd November 2018 13:01:24

Prevoius party system generated huge disproportions between solo and party hunting.
Casted
Player

Pharos
Level 416
Mage
23rd November 2018 15:34:30

Quoting GM Quillon:
Prevoius party system generated huge disproportions between solo and party hunting.

A lot of things in this game do, like the obvious class balancing situation you have.

You should make it so parties are smaller as most spawns cannot hold more than 4 anyway.
I suggest 20% each person in the party to a maximum of 4.
Wallex
Player

Elysium
Level 395
Warrior
23rd November 2018 16:22:00

Quoting GM Quillon:

There are no 'solo player' and 'party players', there are only players, everyone can join a party to hunt. There is no disproportion between things that are essentially the same.
It's like giving me a 10x xp rate on elysium because I can't hunt more than 10min a day and it is disproportional with the other players that can hunt for 5 hours a day.
I get better exp solo hunting than in party, where did you find the said disproportions?

Also, 100% agree with Thraal.
1 2