Paladin Maestro
Player

Pharos
Level 183
Warrior
28th September 2019 12:08:08

Good I have my account since 2018 or so that I updated the email but since they gave me banned in 2018 I did not use the aviary anymore I found out that my account could be disbanned so I decided to play again but it turns out that I did when I went to check my account has changed my email without my authorization since I do not usually use very frequent mail I would like a help since my account email has been changed and I am unable to recover it I am not interested in having my premiuns and itens removed I have in the account but I am interested in recovering my account in case I would like to know what steps to follow for this request, of course I have proofs such as videos and photos with my character also I also have the emails that indicate that my email was changed since when I wanted to do something it was too late I can give all the necessary information please help me the email is davidpinedarazield@gmail.com thanks for taking your time reading my application and sorry for the inconvenience