« First
3 4 5 6 7
This thread has been locked by a moderator.
Show staff replies in this thread
28th February 2023 19:12:49 Administration View post »
28th February 2023 20:42:18 CM Mercury View post »
2nd March 2023 19:38:20 Administration View post »
3rd March 2023 13:03:36 CM Mercury View post »
3rd March 2023 15:14:48 CM Mercury View post »
5th March 2023 20:48:59 Administration View post »
9th March 2023 18:37:17 CM Mercury View post »
11th March 2023 14:01:38 CM Mercury View post »
Askja
Player

Elysium
Level 729
Warrior
3rd March 2023 17:31:35

More details about the bug after several tries.

Step 1) Equip enchanted item A
Step 2) Switch item A with any kind of item B from backpack (but same doll slot, obviously)(remark : no take out, but direct switch)
Step 3) Take out item B to put in backpack

Result :
- item A in backpack lost enchantment and came back to state it had before "update"
- on doll slot, item B was upgraded with enchanted stats of item A (Important remark : that happens *even if item B wasn't enchantable*)
- once back in backpack, item B keeps new stats if it was enchantable, but lose them if it wasn't.

Cheers :D
Askja
Player

Elysium
Level 729
Warrior
5th March 2023 08:21:06

I made another enchantement try, my goal was to obtain a better version of immemorial pavise : from player point of view, it's a disaster :D

Actual immemorial pavise : +5def +2mr +1pr

Ordinary immemorial pavise :
- only one main stat, for example +1def OR +1mr OR +1pr etc ...
- plus 1 random bonus stats (fun, but more or less irrelevant)
- if that kind of shield becomes lootable instead of actual and at same drop rate, it's a HUGE nerf)

Epic immemorial pavise :
- only one main stat again (!), for example +2/+3def OR +2mr OR +2pr OR +2/+3melee
- plus 2 random bonus stats
- I got my first epic after 25 enchantments
- please note that if you plan to obtain a legendary, you will have to keep that epic a while to raise your chances (in about 400 enchantments, I was never able to obtain directly a legendary) : it's a HUGE nerf again

Legendary immemorial pavise :
- 2 main stats, I got only 1 example, which was +6def +5melee
- plus 2 random bonus stats
- I got my first epic after 60ish more enchantments, so about 85 tries to obtain that first legendary !!

Ok, that one can be considered as better than the original version, but still
- he has only 2 main stats
- spirit is completely different (why should I abandon +mr and +pr when trying to "upgrade" ?)
- it's "impossible" to get (85 tries, how many days and work omg, for only one item ???)

My conclusion is the same, and reinforced : that system is a disaster, due to the combination of
- complete re-rolling
- starting point (ordinary) far lower than actual items
- highly random process
- highly demanding process

And maybe some very lucky players will get something good, but massively players will be discouraged and frustrated, and new players are scammed in comparison with old players

So, I will repeat myself and also repeat what some others said, but it seems to me very crucial : please consider keeping old stats as predefined and non submitted to random process.

Example for ZZ sword :

Actual : HealthSteal+3
Ordinary : HS+3, one random bonus stat
Epic : HS+3, one random main stat ("low" number +1/+2), one random bonus stat
Legendary : HS+4, one random main stat ("high" number +3/+4), two random bonus stat

(and random main stat to be choosen relevant for a melee weapon : melee/multistrike/expertise/critical boost ....)

Example for Imm. Pavise :
Actual : +5def +2mr +1pr
Epic : +5def +3mr +2pr, one random main stat ("low" number +1/+2), one random bonus stat
Legendary : +6def +3mr +3pr, one random main stat ("high" number +3/+4), two random bonus stat

Choosing that way, you can keep process pretty demanding for player, but every successfull enchantment will be a pleasure for the player, not a one more deception days after days of tries.
Administration
Staff

5th March 2023 20:48:59

The test server is now closed as we take some time to continue development on the system and other things in the pipeline. Thanks to everyone for participating! We appreciate your patience as we work towards a fresh start for the next Zezenia Online world.

Sincerely,
Zezenia Staff
Doney
Player

Pharos
Level 42
Warrior
5th March 2023 21:03:33

Quoting Administration:
The test server is now closed as we take some time to continue development on the system and other things in the pipeline. Thanks to everyone for participating! We appreciate your patience as we work towards a fresh start for the next Zezenia Online world.

Sincerely,
Zezenia Staff

Can you just come test server for a while before shutting it down? need show something
Nerve
Player

Zera
Level 243
Mage
5th March 2023 21:26:10

Quoting Administration:

Sincerely,
Zezenia Staff

Would be nice to know a expected time frame for a new server it's been talked about for over 4 months yet and still nothing, will it be a seasonal? a permanent? within the next 2, 3 or 6 months?

Imo I think the tiers should be an increase in percentages rather than what can and cannot be epic or legendary, make everything have the ability to be legendary or epic it makes the lower levels so much more fun, you can then made tier 2 for mid pieces where they get extra percentages and tier 3 for end game items with even more percentages.
Lotis Efiro
Player

Elysium
Level 438
Ranger
5th March 2023 23:13:51

I have to agree with aksja please keep predefined stats of items. It will be disaster. There wont be any point in working On better items if the system will be the same As it is now. I feel confused. You are making great work to bring life to game, although at thtat point it will make more harm.
Aquaplay
Player

Elysium
Level 106
Warrior
6th March 2023 03:58:41 (Last edited 6th March 2023 03:59:16)

the test server was closed but some things can already come to the main server...

- Removed the exhaustion penalty when casting spells.
- Raised the maximum number of open containers to 50.
- Improvements to Soul Harvester, Templar, Lince Ghost Den, Lizard & Haunted Dracolich spawns.
and also the fixed inventory bug

this may already come to the server on wednesday
Doney
Player

Pharos
Level 42
Warrior
6th March 2023 11:04:48 (Last edited 6th March 2023 11:14:14)

Hi,
After testing the system since day 1, lets talk about it.

When you choose to enchant, should have in mind that's for your own risk, you may not like the new weapon/item, that's why theres a "keep"option, to maintain the item as it was before.
Now you guys will bring a problem with the new legendary noble zezenian set, if you enchant all the items with 5% MR you break all the class balancing already done, so, let's say you already have all this items (most of the high level players already have it) as a warrior paladin level 500. (Class i tested first)
Noble zz amulet 5% MR
Noble zz armor 5% MR
Warrior backpack 1% MR
Noble zz shield 5% MR 3% dodge
Noble zz legs 5% MR 4% dodge
Noble zz bracer 5% MR
Noble zz Gauntlets 5% MR
Noble zz boots 5% MR 3% dodge
2x enobled legendary rings 4% MR

With those items, if you use paladin buff + full MR talents, magic defense potion then bravery with a level 300 or above shaman you wont get any damage from monster in the hardcore spawns we have, i get 0 damage from demonic ents, soul devourers, devils (kk), sand terrors, murderous cave crabs, EVEN GALIANTORS wasnt able to hit me (same happened to a level 500 pyromancer, i just received physical damage, but... most of the times, i dodged them with the dodge %).

Now, PVP aspects of this set:
Without it, a level 500 pyromancer 80 ML was able to combo me arround 2300 to 2950 (no items)
With the normal zezenia set, same pyromancer combo me arround 1940 to 2400 (all original)
Using the legendary set, the same pyromancer combo were arround 900 to 1100 (thats insane), if i use Last Stand the damage drop to arround 400-500, if you dodge any hit, damage goes even lower.

Now imagine how strong it makes paladin/barbarians, they can just walk trough all spawns, lure monsters on a whole team, kill them all and take 0 damage.

Make enchanting more dynamic, create a special ore with a 0.001% chance to come in the chest for 1 player of the party after killing the boss, with a 99% chance to make any enchantable item epic in the 1st attempt.
Create different types of ores to enchant certain items, for example, you need 1 different ore to enchant zezenian itens, and other ores to enchant the rest of the items, make all those new ores dropable from enraged/elite monsters.
Change enchant system, make window bigger and a "Enchanting level" just like gathering and brewing, this way, people can use less ores to upgrade their items.

My point of view,
This system is good, but need some improvements, for example:
To take my noble zezenian armor from ordinary to epic i had to use 22 ores, from epic to legendary 42 ores.
To take my noble zezenian helmet from ordinary to epic i had to use 14 ores, from epic to legendary 51 ores.
To take my noble zezenian legs from ordinary to epic i had to use 5 ores, from epic to legendary 67 ores.
To take my noble zezenian boots from ordinary to epic i had to use 41 ores, from epic to legendary 111 ores.
To take both noble zezenian rings from ordinary to epic i had to use 121 ores, from epic to legendary 84 ores.
To take my noble zezenian shield from ordinary to legendary i did on the first try, 1 ore used.
To take my noble zezenian bracer from ordinary to epic i had to use 11 ores, from epic to legendary 71 ores.
To take my noble zezenian gauntlets from ordinary to epic i had to use 3 ores, from epic to legendary 45 ores.
To take my noble zezenian Sword from ordinary to epic i had to use 43 ores, from epic to legendary 100 ores
In total, i needed 832 ores to get a whole zezenia set legendary, lets say you need 1 zezenia ore 1 noble zezenia coin,
would be 104KK and 832 daily dungeons just to get it, i know its random, numbers can be lower or even higher than this, so, i did it all again.

My second try:
To take my noble zezenian armor from ordinary to epic i had to use 27 ores, from epic to legendary 22 ores.
To take my noble zezenian helmet from ordinary to epic i had to use 24 ores, from epic to legendary 62 ores.
To take my noble zezenian legs from ordinary to epic i had to use 21 ores, from epic to legendary 57 ores.
To take my noble zezenian boots from ordinary to epic i had to use 19 ores, from epic to legendary 84 ores.
To take both noble zezenian rings from ordinary to epic i had to use 89 ores, from epic to legendary 116 ores.
To take my noble zezenian shield from ordinary to legendary i had to use 25 ores, from epic to legendary 44 ores.
To take my noble zezenian bracer from ordinary to epic i had to use 31 ores, from epic to legendary 42 ores.
To take my noble zezenian gauntlets from ordinary to epic i had to use 18 ores, from epic to legendary 58 ores.
To take my noble zezenian Sword from ordinary to epic i had to use 56 ores, from epic to legendary 92 ores
the second time i needed even more ores, 887 ores to get a whole zezenia set legendary again. Numbers are much higher, would take a whole life to get this set legendary, i know actually reward is so big cuz the set is totally broken, but you think people would even try to get it?

EDIT:

I gave my set to a level 317 barbarian, he was able to tank 8 demonic ents with weapon life steal + life steal pot + buff, monsters were hitting arround 23-45 on him melee and 12-20 magic
Anuel Ft
Premium

Pharos
Level 613
Mage
6th March 2023 12:55:15

Good morning, staff.

As already mentioned in previous messages, the system needs some improvements and some logical improvements. An ordinary item with 3% magic resist for example cannot become an epic item without magic resist. It could have an option of which statuses you want to change or something like that.

Regarding the hunts, could you detail the improvement in spawns in more detail? Could you say something about the hunts mentioned in other posts? I believe that several hunts could be done with existing animals that would change the game's vision to Medium/High level and would give a better dynamic.

Wyhual
Askja
Player

Elysium
Level 729
Warrior
6th March 2023 17:07:04

@Doney : altough you are talking about the other side of the medal (risk of too much power, but as you mentionned, highly improbable to obtain), your conclusion is more or less same than mine : randomizing everything leads to system failure. This is complete non sense that all items have same possibilities, leading to theorical +5mr on all items ...

The only way to put logic in the system is to lower randomization, by predefining some main stats, and by limiting, itemwise, supplementary obtainable stats.

Please note that first idea of devs was that each enchantement required 10 ores. So at the end 800ish enchantments could perfectly be 8000 daily bosses (=more than 21 years :D)
« First
3 4 5 6 7