1 2
Benchfour
Player

Pharos
Level 11
Mage
8th November 2018 19:38:35 (Last edited 8th November 2018 19:45:07)

As I have screenshot thread which is supported by few people, I will also have mehcanics thread where I will give out my ideas to make Play Zezenia better game. I shall begin.

ALEN'S ANTI-BOT SYSTEM
My system is quite simple and will kill botting COMPLETELY.

I shall also call this system "Sacrafise System" or "SS"

You see, during last few days I was fortunate to visit Ice Golem and Kidamru/Snowbeast spawns in Bersund. And I have noticed they are QUITE diffrent than usual circle spawns. There are just SO MANY stairs, holes, bridges, connections.. You can literally get lost inside a spawn, and hunting inside of it is FUN.

So this adventure gave me a very good idea to fight botting, and that is to: Make more spawns of this kind AND include "Sacrafise System" to them.

I shall explain what "SS" means:
It is system where you have to put one or more bodies of already killed monsters to certain place to unlock path to another monster.

You want to hunt vampires > You get to spawn > You can kill 4 vampires > To enter the rest of spawn you have to put their souls on certain place as a Sacrafise AND pull the lever after that.

(anti-bot island works something like this where you pull lever and path opens) (but to implement that to regular spawns, you have to throw bodies of dead creatures and then pull lever - simple)

Such system would take some time to make considering you would have to rework old respawns to work this way, but its for the better future of the game.

I enjoyed game and hunting at spawns mentioned above due to them having rpg background and actually require you to watch your screen or you will get lost/killed by luring more monsters.

"Pickaxe System" or "PS"
You see, I am smart guy and I have backup plan for "SS", which is called "PS".

Pickaxe System is a system where you are required to hit the wall in order to break it and be allowed further into the spawn.

So you are hunting Mammoths in Leif hills > You are able to kill 2 mammoths > To go further into spawn you have to break the ice/wall

Just to mention one more detail, walls have RANDOM spawn of destructable block, which means you can't just press wall anywhere. You have to hit the destructable block > after that push rocks leftovers from passage and then you can pass.

So wall has 6 blocks :\:\:\<3:\:\, you need to hit the correct one, if you don't hit it, your pickaxe will drop down and you will have to pick it up from floor and place back in invertory. (This prevents bots that have color detection)

One more detail to add here is new invertory slots: currently pickaxe slot, later on you can add more slots for utility items. Keep in mind if you die your utility part of invertory IS NOT touched and you can not lose anything from it, no matter the way of your death.

You can buy pickaxe from npc OR better to make a quest for pickaxe reward.

Farewell.

edit: it could also be possible to lose items from utility part of invertory, the reason for this is that there would be diffrent rarity of pickaxes and they could be dropped by monsters, > more rare pickaxe > faster wall breaking

also there could be Survivability skill which works as Gathering skill > more skills > faster breaking walls/other features I may come up with LOL
Wallex
Player

Elysium
Level 395
Warrior
8th November 2018 19:46:33 (Last edited 8th November 2018 19:48:46)

Sacrafise is Sacrifice?

I don't think you know anything how computer programs works, if you only need to do the same thing over and over again and don't need to think* about it, it is easily automated by a computer program. If you can see and know where you need to move the bodies, a computer program will do it better than you. If you know where you need to use the pickaxe, a computer program will do it better than you. It will only annoy manual players.

*Even if you need to think, a computer will think better than you, just harder to automate
Benchfour
Player

Pharos
Level 11
Mage
8th November 2018 19:52:46 (Last edited 8th November 2018 19:52:57)

Quoting Belgra:
Sacrafise is Sacrifice?

I don't think you know anything how computer programs works, if you only need to do the same thing over and over again and don't need to think about it, it is easily automated by a computer program. If you can see and know where you need to move the bodies, a computer program will do it better than you. If you know where you need to use the pickaxe, a computer program will do it better than you. It will only annoy manual players.

way for "SS" work would be like this: after monster dies > RANDOLY few sqm of him there is a place where body has to be thrown. or > outside of your screen so you have to push it more times..
Benchfour
Player

Pharos
Level 11
Mage
8th November 2018 19:55:06 (Last edited 8th November 2018 19:55:39)

Quoting Alen Ashs:
Quoting Belgra:
Sacrafise is Sacrifice?

I don't think you know anything how computer programs works, if you only need to do the same thing over and over again and don't need to think about it, it is easily automated by a computer program. If you can see and know where you need to move the bodies, a computer program will do it better than you. If you know where you need to use the pickaxe, a computer program will do it better than you. It will only annoy manual players.

way for "SS" work would be like this: after monster dies > RANDOLY few sqm of him there is a place where body has to be thrown. or > outside of your screen so you have to push it more times..

edit: is harded to automate bot - that is correct.. to fight my mechanics u would need master programmer, and his software can be killed during server restart cause of changing of mechanics just slightly
Wallex
Player

Elysium
Level 395
Warrior
8th November 2018 19:59:45

Quoting Alen Ashs:

A computer program will do it better than you.
You won't beat a computer program playing their game. Computers are all about calculations, pattern recognition, automation.. You are proposing a pattern recognition problem to avoid computer, you lost this game before it start.

Also, proposal should be in Proposals forum, not in General.
Wallex
Player

Elysium
Level 395
Warrior
8th November 2018 20:13:55

Quoting Alen Ashs:
edit: is harded to automate bot - that is correct.. to fight my mechanics u would need master programmer, and his software can be killed during server restart cause of changing of mechanics just slightly

Bots are already quite hard to do, it is unlikely a newcomer in programming will do it, or at least, you are not a newcomer when you finish it. You are proposing a race devs against bots, slightly changing machanics every day? Changes need time and effort to develop. Devs already have a lot of things to do other than race against bots.
Benchfour
Player

Pharos
Level 11
Mage
8th November 2018 20:25:39

Quoting Belgra:
Quoting Alen Ashs:

Bots are already quite hard to do, it is unlikely a newcomer in programming will do it, or at least, you are not a newcomer when you finish it. You are proposing a race devs against bots, slightly changing machanics every day? Changes need time and effort to develop. Devs already have a lot of things to do other than race against bots.

anti-bot island wont solve ANYTHING. guy can be next to pc wathinc movies and when hes teleporeted to area he will just manully play for 1min and continue to bot after that..

i am giving ideas what could work and give more rpg feeling to game.. i gave up on brewing/gathering cause there is just so many bots/actually almost every gatherer is a bot you can see it in chat 10 times per day reported by random players.. so that is 1 feature of the game where i cant compete

i also cant compete in leveling cause there are bots doing that too..

the only way i can compete by any means is collecting unique and nice looking items for my house

lol
Wallex
Player

Elysium
Level 395
Warrior
8th November 2018 20:49:22

Quoting Alen Ashs:
anti-bot island wont solve ANYTHING. guy can be next to pc wathinc movies and when hes teleporeted to area he will just manully play for 1min and continue to bot after that..

I agree. But zezenia need to work on a better solution.
Wallex
Player

Elysium
Level 395
Warrior
8th November 2018 20:59:16

I would rather think about how to make manual playing more rewarding.
Monster not changing target based on distance only, making team hunting better, higher exp bonus while on party, better and bigger respaws, something that will make players enjoy doing do instead of botting, or at least make the one botting far behind. You won't automate an activity that you enjoy doing, if people automate hunting and gathering, it is because doing it is boring.
Benchfour
Player

Pharos
Level 11
Mage
8th November 2018 21:07:48

Quoting Belgra:
I would rather think about how to make manual playing more rewarding.
Monster not changing target based on distance only, making team hunting better, higher exp bonus while on party, better and bigger respaws, something that will make players enjoy doing do instead of botting, or at least make the one botting far behind. You won't automate an activity that you enjoy doing, if people automate hunting and gathering, it is because doing it is boring.

and why my systems don't seem to be fun for manual players?

complicated spawns are fun as i stated, and just adding few things to prevent bots into them benefits everyone
1 2