Show staff replies in this thread
12th December 2018 17:09:03 Administration View post »
Cartujo
Sage

Elysium
Level 212
Warrior
11th December 2018 00:47:23

my proposal its to add to the hotkey system any key from keyboard kinda like i wanna use my Healing at numbers or Any letter so i can put my healings or attack spells on other side not only F's
Bangbus Omelette
Player

Pharos
Level 40
Ranger
11th December 2018 03:26:26

and also be able to bind the hotkey to mouse. BUMP!
Diwzera
Player

Pharos
Level 163
Mage
11th December 2018 11:07:51

Quoting Von Browler:
my proposal its to add to the hotkey system any key from keyboard kinda like i wanna use my Healing at numbers or Any letter so i can put my healings or attack spells on other side not only F's

Like a Tibia 8)
Numbz
Player

Pharos
Level 197
Mage
11th December 2018 16:43:15

Quoting Von Browler:

you can already somewhat do that right now with external software (google key remaping) or with something like autohotkey (make a script for exemple that send f8 when you press a letter for exemple) Ive had my keys remapped when im hunting so i can move with WASD and use like number 1 to 6 and letters close to WASD instead of fkeys (wich are kinda far from wasd). I agree that they could/should add it built into the game like tibia, why not?
Wallex
Player

Elysium
Level 395
Warrior
11th December 2018 16:51:25 (Last edited 11th December 2018 17:03:48)

Quoting Numbs:
you can already somewhat do that right now with external software (google key remaping) or with something like autohotkey (make a script for exemple that send f8 when you press a letter for exemple) Ive had my keys remapped when im hunting so i can move with WASD and use like number 1 to 6 and letters close to WASD instead of fkeys (wich are kinda far from wasd). I agree that they could/should add it built into the game like tibia, why not?

Game Rule 5
Modifying the client software in any way, or using third-party software or hardware to gain an advantage over other players is forbidden.

Autohotkey is a third-party software
Using letters and numbers close to WASD is an advantage over other players

Do we have a confession or there is a limit how far are macros allowed?

This rule is bad written and can led to multiple interpretation. I don't think remapping should be forbidden, but reading the rule I can't be sure.

The rule says that using a third party hardware is forbidden. What hardware Zezenia provide for us to play?? There are ppl playing in low cost hardware with 10fps. Other can play 200fps with all bags open. Is high-end hardware forbidden due to this advantage?
Zul
Player

Elysium
Level 192
Warrior
11th December 2018 18:16:48

yes please, its time to allow hotkeys imo. its 2018, people are used with hotkeys by now, to be able to customize thier gameplay to be the most satisfying for them, add the customization to add keys to your mouse, and have whatever key on ur keyboard you want to bind.

Would be very happy if this would be implementet into the game, im sure there are alot of ppl that would think the same 8)
Numbz
Player

Pharos
Level 197
Mage
12th December 2018 00:18:50 (Last edited 12th December 2018 00:22:02)

Quoting Belgra:
Quoting Numbs:

Game Rule 5
Modifying the client software in any way, or using third-party software or hardware to gain an advantage over other players is forbidden.

Autohotkey is a third-party software
Using letters and numbers close to WASD is an advantage over other players

Do we have a confession or there is a limit how far are macros allowed?

This rule is bad written and can led to multiple interpretation. I don't think remapping should be forbidden, but reading the rule I can't be sure.

The rule says that using a third party hardware is forbidden. What hardware Zezenia provide for us to play?? There are ppl playing in low cost hardware with 10fps. Other can play 200fps with all bags open. Is high-end hardware forbidden due to this advantage?

well, i asked a gm a few weeks ago about remaping my keys and he said that was fine... so i hope that wasnt a lie lmao

Lets be real, remapping my keys when im playing to use different hotkeys is the exact same as using a mouse with those 10-12programable buttons on the side, believe it or not the program that you use with your mouse to program those keys is a 'third party software'
Wallex
Player

Elysium
Level 395
Warrior
12th December 2018 00:27:29

Hey! Mouse is a third party hardware :O
Numbz
Player

Pharos
Level 197
Mage
12th December 2018 00:32:30

Quoting Belgra:
Hey! Mouse is a third party hardware :O

true... :P no but seriously i dont see how remapping my keys is different from getting a programmable buttons mouse :P
Bohemiian
Player

Pharos
Level 59
Mage
12th December 2018 01:42:12

no, thank you
;)
1 2