Show staff replies in this thread
12th February 2019 18:27:30 GM Shadow View post »
Trizze
Player

Elysium
Level 337
Ranger
14th February 2019 08:05:35

its a 100% hit chance with crit on the spell for marksmans also if ur a good ranger you will always have crit pots... how else do u think i get 2kkexp/h. in that 21 seconds of crit i can solo a volcanic golem lol
Baltas
Player

Pharos
Level 362
Mage
14th February 2019 08:35:54

Quoting Chronic Spears:
its a 100% hit chance with crit on the spell for marksmans also if ur a good ranger you will always have crit pots... how else do u think i get 2kkexp/h. in that 21 seconds of crit i can solo a volcanic golem lol

1. marksman crit continuum negates potion
2. rogue can use crit potion as well

So crit potion helps rogues more than marksman (if marksman is using crit continuum)
Silmarllion
Player

Pharos
Level 317
Ranger
14th February 2019 10:37:43 (Last edited 14th February 2019 10:40:19)

To compete with other classes i would like to see one of the following
A: a new buff for example 20 seconds of double attackspeed (could be called assasin mode or rapid fire)
B: a buff that gives rogue an insane amount of lifesteal for 20 seconds or a lesser strong life steal with 100% or near uptime and make it stack(new buff has to be pvp based and preferably make the existing ranger lifesteal- spell work in pvp to, this would give a small buff to marksman aswell).
Winterstorm
Player

Elysium
Level 111
Ranger
14th February 2019 11:35:06

Quoting Dancore:
Quoting Chronic Spears:
dude crit continuum is OP for hunting i have no idea what your talking about baltas lol stick to ur mage lol

You saying that shows you know nothing about maths. Best part is Baltas don't need to play a class knowing more than you just by using brain, but this coming from you does not surprise me at all cuz it's you after all :)

So you have crit continuum with 4 min cooldown and 21 sec uptime than gives us over 5 minutes of uptime in an hour.

Depending of your gear if you have a good crit set you can reach about 25% or so, so for 5 minutes in 60 minutes you deal 25% increased dmg. If you could hit that 25% increased dmg 100% of that 60 minutes would be cool right? That could make your exp per hour raise up by a lot.

But you don't. When you divide that 5.25 min uptime with 60 min your 25% increased dmg looks really bad now, as bad as around 2.2% increased dmg in 60 minutes of hunting. And that is not your main damage right. on that lvl you probably shoot a nice 1 sec spell with like 450 dmg average? That means your whole dmg increase in 1 hour is way smaller than 2.2%

Now that is a very small number for being OP as you said in your 1 hour of hunt :)

Considering you can't use on pvp, against bosses and only work on regular monsters, you have a good point. You can still crit on other players, kill bosses faster and then you can hunt and lvl with that. Also, as far as i know, chronic is the only one with the full crit boost set in the game, wich makes it even better for him. Your argument is 100% irrelevant if you only consider the exp/h side
Baltas
Player

Pharos
Level 362
Mage
14th February 2019 12:16:03

Quoting Winterstorm:
Quoting Dancore:
Quoting Chronic Spears:
dude crit continuum is OP for hunting i have no idea what your talking about baltas lol stick to ur mage lol

You saying that shows you know nothing about maths. Best part is Baltas don't need to play a class knowing more than you just by using brain, but this coming from you does not surprise me at all cuz it's you after all :)

So you have crit continuum with 4 min cooldown and 21 sec uptime than gives us over 5 minutes of uptime in an hour.

Depending of your gear if you have a good crit set you can reach about 25% or so, so for 5 minutes in 60 minutes you deal 25% increased dmg. If you could hit that 25% increased dmg 100% of that 60 minutes would be cool right? That could make your exp per hour raise up by a lot.

But you don't. When you divide that 5.25 min uptime with 60 min your 25% increased dmg looks really bad now, as bad as around 2.2% increased dmg in 60 minutes of hunting. And that is not your main damage right. on that lvl you probably shoot a nice 1 sec spell with like 450 dmg average? That means your whole dmg increase in 1 hour is way smaller than 2.2%

Now that is a very small number for being OP as you said in your 1 hour of hunt :)

Considering you can't use on pvp, against bosses and only work on regular monsters, you have a good point. You can still crit on other players, kill bosses faster and then you can hunt and lvl with that. Also, as far as i know, chronic is the only one with the full crit boost set in the game, wich makes it even better for him. Your argument is 100% irrelevant if you only consider the exp/h side

If it makes your overall dmg/h 1% higher than other rangers. It will mean your character will get 1% stronger (1% more dmg in pvp, 1% pvm). Funny how you say bosses and regular monsters in diff argument. Boss or not boss its the same monster, the difference is exp hp ratio and bosses are considered a lil stronger. And f.e. hrekkand (boss) is weaker than lone eye (none boss).

Don't forget rogue buff is a little bit better than marksman, so he can probably get that 1% dmg back.

I will give it to you. The fact that you can choose when to crit gives u an advantage. But coming back to contra arguments on crit spell. You still gotta skip 1 spell to cast it. So you will gain 14 crits in a row, but u will lose either 1heal or 1 decterous shot.

Full maths.
Consider mid/low lvl

If ranger hits 300 avg, none boosted crit is 400 (consider 25% crit hit boost which is high) = 500dmg per turn

marksman using crit spell w/e he can
in 4 minutes he will hit
from ammo 14x500 + 146x300 = 7k + 43.8k = 50.8k
from spells 120 x 200 = 24k
total 74.8k

Rogue in 4 minutes will hit
from ammo 160x300 = 48k
from spells 121x200= 24.2
total 72.2

Now rogue will probably hit around 3-5 crit hits during those 14 hits when marksman crit. According to my example crit hit adds around 200dmg. So total rogue dmg will go up to 73k. Their buff will make them hit 160 hits with extra 1 or 2 dist fighting. So probably another 300dmg?

To sum up 74.8k vs 73.3 which is 2% difference
Winterstorm
Player

Elysium
Level 111
Ranger
14th February 2019 12:44:13 (Last edited 14th February 2019 12:48:45)

Quoting Baltas:
Quoting Winterstorm:
Quoting Dancore:
Quoting Chronic Spears:

If it makes your overall dmg/h 1% higher than other rangers. It will mean your character will get 1% stronger (1% more dmg in pvp, 1% pvm). Funny how you say bosses and regular monsters in diff argument. Boss or not boss its the same monster, the difference is exp hp ratio and bosses are considered a lil stronger. And f.e. hrekkand (boss) is weaker than lone eye (none boss).

Don't forget rogue buff is a little bit better than marksman, so he can probably get that 1% dmg back.

I will give it to you. The fact that you can choose when to crit gives u an advantage. But coming back to contra arguments on crit spell. You still gotta skip 1 spell to cast it. So you will gain 14 crits in a row, but u will lose either 1heal or 1 decterous shot.

Full maths.
Consider mid/low lvl

If ranger hits 300 avg, none boosted crit is 400 (consider 25% crit hit boost which is high) = 500dmg per turn

in 4 minutes he will hit
total 74.8k

from ammo 160x300 = 48k
total 72.2

Now rogue will probably hit around 3-5 crit hits during those 14 hits when marksman crit. According to my example crit hit adds around 200dmg. So total rogue dmg will go up to 73k. Their buff will make them hit 160 hits with extra 1 or 2 dist fighting. So probably another 300dmg?

If only ppl killd bosses to level, not to get rares...

Fun fact: you can make ur crits higher and higher with itens, which is not the case or dex shot and any other dmg skills. Chronic used to crit 1.4k
You can do boss tasks way faster with that
Winterstorm
Player

Elysium
Level 111
Ranger
14th February 2019 12:58:08

Also, a barb lv 385 left zezenia cuz he couldn't solo wanu (boss) but could easily kill lone eye (regular monster)
Baltas
Player

Pharos
Level 362
Mage
14th February 2019 14:10:22 (Last edited 14th February 2019 14:13:24)

Quoting Winterstorm:
Quoting Baltas:
Quoting Winterstorm:
Quoting Dancore:
Quoting Chronic Spears:

Full maths.
Consider mid/low lvl

in 4 minutes he will hit
total 74.8k

from ammo 160x300 = 48k
total 72.2

If only ppl killd bosses to level, not to get rares...

Fun fact: you can make ur crits higher and higher with itens, which is not the case or dex shot and any other dmg skills. Chronic used to crit 1.4k
You can do boss tasks way faster with that

Excuse French, but you look re**rd aka ignorant. You ignored all my post and quated that
Clarification: yes, i took into my maths crit hit boost.
You say u cant see number 1.4k in my post? Ye cuz chronic avg arrow dmg is not 300 and hit dext is not 200. Gimme avg arrow dmg and avg dext shot of your ranger and i will do the maths. Or i can create formula in excel for u.

P.s. ye kill boss way faster. 2% faster if soloing. And less than 1% faster with 3+ppl
Baltas
Player

Pharos
Level 362
Mage
14th February 2019 14:11:49

Quoting Winterstorm:
Also, a barb lv 385 left zezenia cuz he couldn't solo wanu (boss) but could easily kill lone eye (regular monster)

Ye and my sister boughy a pet recently. Dunno what it has to do witu rogue vs marksman comparison
Winterstorm
Player

Elysium
Level 111
Ranger
14th February 2019 14:24:37

I too dunno what hrekkand and lone eye has to do with the dmg thing, yet you used them to your speech.
And clearly 1.4k crit is relevant without any other numbers, cuz as i said, you cant rise any skill dmg with itens but look at his boots, its a fucking 10% on his toes only lol
1 2 3 4