1 2
This thread has been locked by a moderator.
Jeraiya
Player

Elysium
Level 142
Warrior
16th July 2021 20:21:11

Quoting Blood Shot:
Quoting Rawrzar:
Quoting The Barrel:
Quoting Quetzalcoathl:
It is very simple but disguised.
To use the bot you have to pay.
You pay - you have an advantage.
What is difficult to understand here?
As above so below.
This is how the world of human affairs is structured.
It is not at all difficult to see through.

This, i agree. Its common for many people to pay for an easier life and who blames them?

In mmorpgs you have have two people (resources). First person who has time(resource)(mostly children) who can play the game for many hours a week. Second person, who has money because they work a lot.

The 2nd person can pay to win and the child play to win. The person who P2W moves economy and purchases the child items that costed them time. Respectfully time is still in play here.

Bots are useless here though. I don't care if you make your own bot and use it yourself as long as you don't give it out (free or paid). However, if you have programming knowledge (software engineer), you better off finding a problem and solving it in real world, or sell your time to a company that will pay you for it.

Bots disrupt the economy for both the type of people.

What games do you play?
Just curious cause every game has bots. Every game adapts to them. Every community does as well in those games.

Also it takes little to no effort to make a bot having basic programming knowledge. So you saying they have nothing else better to do, well you are wrong here. The fact of the matter is, who ever made kazebot HAS made alot of money doing what he does best (Programming). This isn't the only paid bot, maybe for this game yes, but there are LOADS of paid bots for games.

In my opinion its a very smart tactic to make money if you have knowledge to make a bot like Kazebot.
It made the creator an income. Doing what he knows how to do. You kind of contradict yourself here where you first bash people who make bots to invest there time otherwise and to get paid for it... Well news flash, they are getting paid for it. Quite hefty too, seeing as alot of this community uses this bot.

It would be beneficial for Zezenia staff to implement software to their client that can in theory detect the bots being used to alter the client.

Example.

BattleEye.

CipSoft isnt the only company that uses BattleEye to cut back on botters in their game.
@Staff, do whatever you gota do to get BattleEye in your client. This will cut back bots drastically.

I never said this is the only game with bots, lol. I spoke in general of all mmorpgs. The fact of the matter of bots, it doesn't solve a problem. It just a cheat to gain unfair advantage which interrupts players who play fairly. Playing with bots goes against the TOS like most games. To be honest I don't think in this game bots matter. It's not highly populated for the staff to invest into currently.
Wilie Nellson
Player

Pharos
Level 173
Ranger
28th July 2021 17:17:25 (Last edited 28th July 2021 17:18:36)

''In mmorpgs you have have two people (resources). First person who has time(resource)(mostly children) who can play the game for many hours a week. Second person, who has money because they work a lot.''

According to our friend, most of those who have money, use bot on their behalf to level, for lack of time, because they are working! Well, I work the whole week (I have no internet where I work, only phone signal), and play on the weekends! It is extremely sad and demotivating to see a character leave his char running on the dragon portal (the top exp of yesterday in elysium was there, he leaves his char running all day there), and probably he works, but stay in front of the computer! I had about 70 levels more than him, and now I have many levels less! Well, the kid stopped for a while to read the forum, but he has to go back to work! Big hug!

And I've been playing for about 10 years, and I've never had any anti-bot checks!! :)
Rage
Sage

Pharos
Level 371
Warrior
29th July 2021 06:38:11

In 2001 there was this game call MUonline. this game was way ahead of its time. graphics game play ect. It dealt with bots constantly. It was a super hardcore grinding game. Years later the game said fuck it. The bot that everyone used in the game ended up enbibed into the game. The bot was enabled during events pvp. The game is an app now and is more or less a p2w. It was never the less more successful because they intergraded the bot into the game.
Shadowzin
Player

Pharos
Level 901
Mage
29th July 2021 13:39:26

Quoting Rage:
In 2001 there was this game call MUonline. this game was way ahead of its time. graphics game play ect. It dealt with bots constantly. It was a super hardcore grinding game. Years later the game said fuck it. The bot that everyone used in the game ended up enbibed into the game. The bot was enabled during events pvp. The game is an app now and is more or less a p2w. It was never the less more successful because they intergraded the bot into the game.

The problem with this game is the amount of cave botters and gather botters who afk because they know staff is inactive . These players ruin the game nobody want to grind active knowing there is a p.o.s using cavebot probably jerkin the ol gerkin in the washroom or buying 2% beer at the store .

The thing in Pharos is these people will cavebot when I am at work and log out 10 minutes before I get home xD . Maybe GMs should check Pharos between the times of 14:00 utc and 18:00 Utc and he will find that people are botting not even at the computer .
Makavelly
Player

Pharos
Level 545
Ranger
29th July 2021 13:58:00

Quoting Caste:
Quoting Rage:

The problem with this game is the amount of cave botters and gather botters who afk because they know staff is inactive . These players ruin the game nobody want to grind active knowing there is a p.o.s using cavebot probably jerkin the ol gerkin in the washroom or buying 2% beer at the store .

The thing in Pharos is these people will cavebot when I am at work and log out 10 minutes before I get home xD . Maybe GMs should check Pharos between the times of 14:00 utc and 18:00 Utc and he will find that people are botting not even at the computer .

+1
14:00 -- 18:00
Ritzy
Player

Pharos
Level 421
Mage
29th July 2021 15:04:26 (Last edited 29th July 2021 17:43:39)

I don’t want to start drama again but the people calling out others for using a bot while they always have and always will use bots is hilarious.

Everyone in this game have used a bot and continue to do so I’ve even had accounts banned for this.

When you point a finger at someone there is always 3 pointing back.

Would be good if Kazebot released all the character names of whos used the bot.

EDIT: Even the current GM used bots in the past I remember them using it while hunting with justin in Elysium countless years ago.

A big problem now is certain things are being removed or not added because “bots will use it”, what they need to realise is bots will never go and not adding things because of them only hurts the game.
1 2