1 2 3
Madok
Player

Elysium
Level 15
Warrior
30th September 2023 21:35:41

Shields could receive a new bonus stat named Damage Reflection between 1% and 15% of damage inflicted by monsters (not against players) giving back to monster the respective % of damage *before* discounted the others % of defensive stats and only working to monsters on 8 sqm around the character.

Just like rangers got for ranged weapons the Areal Attack as an unique bonus stat for them.

I mean something not overpower but enough to improve paladins gameplay and their main function which is centered on blocking.

Thus may be valid for a paladin blocks more than 5 creatures constantly even 8 creatures on solo hunts in case of his shield has this attribute on it.

So to make the best exp/h a paladin will need to hunt stronger monsters to also reflect more damage against them.

The % of Damage Reflection can be maximum (star) 5% for ordinary items, 10% epic items and 15% legendary items.
Yhwach
Premium

Elysium
Level 352
Ranger
30th September 2023 21:54:41 (Last edited 30th September 2023 21:56:02)

Quoting Jobson:
Shields could receive a new bonus stat named Damage Reflection between 1% and 15% of damage inflicted by monsters (not against players) giving back to monster the respective % of damage *before* discounted the others % of defensive stats and only working to monsters on 8 sqm around the character.

Just like rangers got for ranged weapons the Areal Attack as an unique bonus stat for them.

I mean something not overpower but enough to improve paladins gameplay and their main function which is centered on blocking.

Thus may be valid for a paladin blocks more than 5 creatures constantly even 8 creatures on solo hunts in case of his shield has this attribute on it.

So to make the best exp/h a paladin will need to hunt stronger monsters to also reflect more damage against them.

The % of Damage Reflection can be maximum (star) 5% for ordinary items, 10% epic items and 15% legendary items.

I've tried suggestin this long ago on an old account i had, they never gave a shit about it
https://www.playzezenia.com/forum/thread/19634
Tarinne
Player

Zera
Level 207
Warrior
2nd October 2023 01:43:53

The main issue i had with paladin was that they were annoying to play, for team too, awaiting cleave position.

Also changing to barb the huge damage increase with insane life steal was a nice change :P making about double exp everywhere. And have yet to notice anywhere i would benefit from being paladin.

Difficult to balance them without making them too similar as it was before, but i believe it's the best way.
Bring desolation back, just have it deal x% less damage than rage of fury.
Dont try to make it too advanced it will most likely end in failure :P
You may also want to look into limiting life steal at some % (from gear only)
Yhwach
Premium

Elysium
Level 352
Ranger
2nd October 2023 02:38:11

Quoting Tarinne:
You may also want to look into limiting life steal at some % (from gear only)

Even tho this sounds like a good change (looking careful to keep barbarians viable), i don't really think we should balance classes capping down to the lowest. Adjusts are always welcome to make the game healthy, but zezenia REALLY needs to start balancing around the classes that are good, not bringing em down to put everyone at the lower levels.
Crusader Wix
Player

Elysium
Level 299
Warrior
2nd October 2023 02:45:09

When he mentioned about not being able to kill diroth on his own at his level, I thought came to my mind. For shield slam, can it be changed in the talent tree fourth tier talent point to also negate a monster from healing as well for a set time? I don't want to start again about how the defense of the shield doesn't change the damage output of shield slam like I have mentioned in other posts but would like to see the spell utilized a little better in pve. I love the damage reflection idea. I think the new spells would be very interesting to see and use as well.
Ajama
Player

Pharos
Level 15
Ranger
2nd October 2023 05:38:58 (Last edited 2nd October 2023 05:48:32)

I think barbarians are so OP nowadays that paladins look worse then they actually are. Paladins still fill their role, so in one way it is balanced..
But, the playerbase aint that high so paladins feels as usefull as they could do, on top of that getting a "high lvl character" has never been easier.

Which means, due to the playerbase we have.. people choose a barbarian cuz you level fast anyways nowadays, to add.. they do superior xp due to their damage and lifesteal so why not?

Its also hard to balance classes around xp when it comes to pharos where every class actually can level so freakn easy, the server is 2x.. but all the bonus xp on that make the server feel worse then a tibia OT.
All the barbs running around there smashing everything aint really a weird thing.

What everyone should ask themselves when it comes to barbs is.. is it balanced if a class never have to press its heal button and at the same time deal superior aoe dmg? Ask that to yourself out loud and realise which class IS balanced.

Im just waiting for a mapclicking level 2000+ barb making the game look like a joke.
Askja
Player

Elysium
Level 718
Warrior
2nd October 2023 12:00:26

Quoting Crusader Wix:
For shield slam, can it be changed in the talent tree fourth tier talent point to also negate a monster from healing as well for a set time?

A long time ago I suggested that with special talent, Shield Slam should be able to stunt mobs too (not only in PvP) : something like 30% chance to stunt during 2 or 3 seconds ? A stunted mob wouldn't do anything, and this would include preventing them from healing themselves.

Not surprisingly, that suggestion didn't receive any kind of answer.
Tarinne
Player

Zera
Level 207
Warrior
2nd October 2023 17:42:59

Quoting Rickstah:
I think barbarians are so OP nowadays that paladins look worse then they actually are. Paladins still fill their role, so in one way it is balanced..
But, the playerbase aint that high so paladins feels as usefull as they could do, on top of that getting a "high lvl character" has never been easier.

Which means, due to the playerbase we have.. people choose a barbarian cuz you level fast anyways nowadays, to add.. they do superior xp due to their damage and lifesteal so why not?

Its also hard to balance classes around xp when it comes to pharos where every class actually can level so freakn easy, the server is 2x.. but all the bonus xp on that make the server feel worse then a tibia OT.
All the barbs running around there smashing everything aint really a weird thing.

What everyone should ask themselves when it comes to barbs is.. is it balanced if a class never have to press its heal button and at the same time deal superior aoe dmg? Ask that to yourself out loud and realise which class IS balanced.

Im just waiting for a mapclicking level 2000+ barb making the game look like a joke.

Haha this is true, its not necessarily that paladins are bad but barbs are just really strong and more convenient to play for most purposes.
If paladins werent so annoying to play i would probably still be the last paladin of Zera.
Briareu
Premium

Elysium
Level 911
Warrior
2nd October 2023 18:31:47

Quoting Rickstah:

i can feel your irony and sarcasm, but ill still comment.

Barbarians are not op, wer just too strong for the game rn, we kept playing and game froze in time. you only feel ok hunting as a barbarian at medium levels, bc you get too strong to the game in overal. ( early game sucks)

paladin need to get the 100% cleave damage back, not the 85% thats in the game. and sweep need to get a new dmg cap.

most ppl "abused" the goddly old paladin then changed to barbarians bc of that cleave nerf. << get cleave back >>

and to complete, the top exp on the servers are warlocks.
Nerve
Player

Zera
Level 243
Mage
2nd October 2023 18:38:05

There are still huge imbalances at the moment, if a barbarian can tank the same as the tank class but has significantly more damage than a paladin, then the paladin becomes obsolete.
This is the situation currently, Barbarians get to a point where they can 8 box anything and survive and thats the point a paladin is no longer needed.

You have the same problem with rangers currently, when the other two classes can mass AOE level rangers do not have a chance when they're mainly single target.
1 2 3