1 2 3 4
Merrnz
Player

Pharos
Level 224
Ranger
15th December 2021 17:36:32

Quoting Scraptrap:
ok, I understand that you want to balance the subclasses in the exp system but I don't bet you to think about the pvp system because if they create a weapon for an atk 31.5 ranger you would eliminate a mage very easy, if they don't know the balance, the balance is like this warrior kills ranger, ranger kills wizard and wizard kills warrior, all the subclassed targets need is new area magic

It didn't make Barbarians super OP so I'm sure the same would not happen to rangers. I know one is range and the other melee that's why I proposed a value inbetween a paladins auto attack and a barbarians.

Quoting Sioux:
- deliberation here is clearly just PVM dmg so need to disconsider pvp;

- even if increase bow/xbow attack points -> PVP dmg can be easily keept to do same hits as before just reducing autoattack of rangers based % increased on weapon's attack. That's quite simple to make and understand;

- dmg buff for spells is enough to bring balance between all subclass exp/h;

- Rangers: + dmg to main 1s spells and hellish volley can improve a lot gain exp in hunts 1x1 which are the best places for rogues and marks solo. Less cd to hellish volley would be nice else for luring hunts.

- Mages: I like the idea of + dmg for 1 area spell specific for each subclass like cross of annihilation and hailstorm because both spells are always used for warlocks and shamans to do combo and it enables more exp luring solo or with a blocker. Same thing to boost dmg of deathblow and rock thrust. Warlock and shaman are mostly single target attackers and to compesate pyromancers dmg with inferno, it's reasonable to increase at least 50% their stronger target spells on PVM.

I don't think the added damage from a increased bow would make much of a difference to be honest (It might in the select few cases of characters which have been training for 5+ years).
I do think something should be done about ranger auto attack scaling, currently it seems to only scale off of skills, maybe a split between levels and skills would be better.

I have to disagree with spells being enough to bring balance between subclasses, you would have to buff rangers spell damage so much that they would just become a worse version of a mage.

I dislike the fact of trying to just make everyone have a massive AOE and problem solved, what you're doing then is just making different looking classes play the same. There are plenty of ways they could fix this problem without making all the classes feel samey.

I think a rangers damage should be 60-70+ to do with his actual bow and 40-30% from spells, it's a ranger afterall not a magician.
Sioux
Premium

Elysium
Level 30
Ranger
15th December 2021 17:45:52 (Last edited 15th December 2021 17:58:06)

Quoting Mernz:

I don't think the added damage from a increased bow would make much of a difference to be honest (It might in the select few cases of characters which have been training for 5+ years).
I do think something should be done about ranger auto attack scaling, currently it seems to only scale off of skills, maybe a split between levels and skills would be better.

I have to disagree with spells being enough to bring balance between subclasses, you would have to buff rangers spell damage so much that they would just become a worse version of a mage.

I dislike the fact of trying to just make everyone have a massive AOE and problem solved, what you're doing then is just making different looking classes play the same. There are plenty of ways they could fix this problem without making all the classes feel samey.

I think a rangers damage should be 60-70+ to do with his actual bow and 40-30% from spells, it's a ranger afterall not a magician.

I understand your point and actually zezenia is totally based on spells damage. So much of the game mechanics would need to be changed to allow for new distinctions between subclasses besides 2 categories - AOE subclass or single target subclass.
That's hard work to do and we need to wait an answer from staff to know if they want to accept our ideas or only keep the current system of PVM dmg.
I agree with you and i just introduced proposals according to the mechanics that haven't changed since the game was released. But yeah, maybe now is time to change everything or at least try it.
Merrnz
Player

Pharos
Level 224
Ranger
15th December 2021 17:56:09

Quoting Sioux:
Quoting Mernz:

I understand your point and actually zezenia is totally based on spell damage. So much of the game mechanics would need to be changed to allow for new distinctions between subclasses besides 2 categories - AOE subclass or single target subclass.
That's hard work to do and we need to wait an answer from staff to know if they want to accept our ideas or only keep the current system of PVM dmg.
I agree with you and i just put proposals according to the mechanics that haven't changed since the game was released. But yeah, maybe now is time to changed everything or at least try it.

I totally agree and was hoping that these threads would deem worthy of a response.
Merrnz
Player

Pharos
Level 224
Ranger
19th December 2021 01:32:29

Still no staff input? :(

Zezenia Online Forum Screenshot
Merrnz
Player

Pharos
Level 224
Ranger
5th January 2022 15:57:15

BUMP.

Done a little bit of testing, a Paladin with the same skills does on average more damage with auto attacks than a ranger due to rangers being able to poff :D:D

Another L for the ranger squad!
Merrnz
Player

Pharos
Level 224
Ranger
6th January 2022 18:21:40

Any staff input? It's only been 25 days :D
Fire Noodles
Player

Pharos
Level 514
Ranger
7th January 2022 19:27:17

@STAFF CAN WE GET SOME INPUT ON THIS??? Single Target Chars are getting screwed over do something...
Cacomixtle
Sage

Elysium
Level 332
Warrior
8th January 2022 15:56:40

I really hope they will listen to this.
Lotis Efiro
Premium

Elysium
Level 438
Ranger
9th January 2022 12:43:41 (Last edited 9th January 2022 12:43:59)

I agree with everything what Merrnz said. Let's wait for update and we will see and let's hope they read it at least.
Merrnz
Player

Pharos
Level 224
Ranger
16th January 2022 02:39:00

Maybe the staff will awaken one day!

BUMP!
1 2 3 4