« First
10 11 12
This thread has been locked by a moderator.
Tokan Sado
Premium

Pharos
Level 1005
Warrior
24th January 2022 18:31:50

Quoting Askja:
The problem here is many people only think as a high level player.

My point of view is different, as I am low level, not equipped with best gear, and not quite experimented. I made some more precise calculations, taking into account the true combos I'm using in fight, and yes, keep in mind that a low level palladin like me has to heal a lot to survive a tanky fight.

Result : my loss is more than just 10-13%, about twice that. Don't misread : I'm not whining, I just try to catch my loss in the most precise way.

Ok, let's throw figures. In what follows H= heal C=cleave S=swipe

Before nerf : the most easy combo is simply CHCHCHCHCH. Currently for me, fighting 3 mobs, it's something like 600 dps and 250 hps (hit point healed per second). Sometimes it's too much heal, sometimes not, anyway it's the easy way.

Now : I tested several new combo (I'm not speaking about shield slam by purpose, see below).

1) CHSCHSCHSCHS .... : -20% dps at a cost of -32% hps. With this one I can't tank 3 azure dragons anymore ....
2) CHHCHHCHHCHH .... : -34% dps +33% hps. Stupid combo, not a good way to go, only if trapped in ambush.
3) CHSCHHCHS .... : -27% dps, same hps.

At that point, in fact, it's now often better to use Shield Slam (even when tanking several mobs) to kill faster a first mob and then having less heal to do for the rest of the fight ...

Having Shield Slam now useful even in tanky fight gave me the idea of the proposition above.

So now, it's not only a matter of exp/hour. The true question is : can we really consider a low level palladin as a tanker ?

A last pitty example to illustrate : using combo 1) against 2 bush terrors, once the first is dead (thanks to melee hit addition), the second one is ... almost full hp !!! (those mobs heal fast). Better kill them one by one (using shield slam, ofc).

Your loss is bigger because you have less talent points, skills and gear (life steal is pretty important for paladins).
But still I feel a way more loss than 10-15% as people stated, maybe because my skills aren't great for my level.
(p.s: aggron probably tested in one spot only, if you test on different hunts, you will see that some will have a bigger diference than others, for exemple i can probably keep the same exp on hc dragons hunting dracolich montain, since they die fast anyway or on geck'zah's cuz i get them 2 or 3 per time, since my melee dmg still the same and its worth to shield slam them, i can probably mitigate the exp loss, but on dark knight hardcore my exp loss is bigger than 15%)

It's not the worst nerf because we can still make decent exp out of team hunts, thats what shaman's have been doing for a long time, but again we have two problems over it, first I used to be a main dps in a hunt with a support of a shaman, now we need a third person on the party and it MUST be a pyromancer to make it work, wich brings to the second problem, wich is zezenia isn't that popular, there are not enough players, so mostly of players end up hunting solo, if you nerf the dmg of a class that already wasnt great, you are dooming it.

P.s: just to prove a point, before the nerf most of top 10 exp by worlds were paladins, now they are barbarians followed by pyros. As we are seen eventually 1 shaman or warlock and even a ranger on each top 10, but it was this way before.
Nelvam Guilherme
Player

Elysium
Level 927
Warrior
24th January 2022 23:11:08

Cleave 2 seconds urgent! we no longer feel like hunting (Paladins).
Deadpool
Player

Pharos
Level 472
Ranger
25th January 2022 02:41:06

Quoting Guilherme Nelvam:
we no longer feel like hunting Paladins.

Zezenia Online Forum Screenshot
Conan Da Cimmeria
Player

Elysium
Level 35
Warrior
25th January 2022 16:34:35

Server Save Changelog coming…… Hope at the end of the tunnel?
Nelvam Guilherme
Player

Elysium
Level 927
Warrior
25th January 2022 20:32:13

Quoting Deadpool:
Quoting Guilherme Nelvam:
we no longer feel like hunting Paladins.

Zezenia Online Forum Screenshot

:D
Conan Da Cimmeria
Player

Elysium
Level 35
Warrior
26th January 2022 23:14:39

Paladins nerf
End 60% Gameplayers
Don Hubix
Player

Elysium
Level 170
Warrior
2nd February 2022 21:23:47

I agree with all above. Some extra comments.
1) Hunting in party is fun but we all like to go solo more often than not. Furthermore, there is only a handfull of Shamans/Pyros at my level +-30 levels, point is that its quite difficult to find a hunting partner.
2) Agree that point of view across a wide spectrum of levels is needed. There are far more lower than higher levels but nontheless, higher levels should not be penalised - after all, these are the long term clients of Zezenia.
3) Nerfing is overall very bad. We have well established hunting patterns (heal, spell, spell, heal, ... etc.) Any unfavourable nerfs are not pleasent to deal with. After all, we all level to be stronger - nerfing does the exact opposite. If you want to balnace classes, I'd suggest increasing damage for weaker classes instead of nerfing stronger ones.
4) I understand that part of nerf was due to pvp balance - why not have separate logic for pvp/non-pvp damage.

I've played many similar games in the past and I've always quit due to class balancing gone wrong. Im starting to feel no different now (completely demotivated).

One nerf is fine but who can guarantee that there wont be more?

I'd suggest to keep the damage within the game inflationary and regularly add more and more difficult monsters.

Hubix
Nelvam Guilherme
Player

Elysium
Level 927
Warrior
2nd February 2022 21:29:48

Event Elite? :D
Deadpool
Player

Pharos
Level 472