1 2 3
King Healer
Premium

Pharos
Level 1027
Mage
29th August 2023 09:02:32

Ranger Improvements:

Nowadays we have few rangers and the reason is very simple, the class is bad in all aspects, it catches a lot, it has no defense buff, it hits very little compared to mages and barbaro and area hunting, practically the only rogue it has very high CD magic.

I think it's wrong that the barbarian's weapons are two-handed and have an increase of almost 7 in attack compared to the ranger's best weapon.

The rogue's TRAP magic stays 10 seconds without being able to use it and the other magic in the area Hellish Volley only every 3 seconds.

I believe that good changes to turn ranger into a usable class would be to considerably reduce the Hellish volley's CD, putting a yes and a no turn and increasing the damage of bows, equaling that of barbarians.
Itzal
Premium

Pharos
Level 809
Ranger
29th August 2023 11:16:59

Yes, the ranger is the one that does less exp/h solo and in team doesn't have much damage.

And in pvp, because I don't have a "combo" and have less damage than a barbarian, I end up being pretty bad.

The "rework" of the rangers was promised about 2 years ago, but with the recent changes, it was forgotten.

We need rangers to really change.
Nerve
Player

Zera
Level 243
Mage
29th August 2023 13:36:26

Rangers are by far the worst class of all, like you've pointed out they are good at nothing, they have the worst defence, the worst AOE AND Single target capabilities and now also lose out on 1 slot with extra exp/gold/loot boost.

There is a reason no ranger has broken the level 700 mark even after all the seasonals, 2x servers etc.
Hellsinner
Player

Elysium
Level 146
Warrior
29th August 2023 16:32:10 (Last edited 29th August 2023 16:53:21)

Agree.

A simple change which could help also shamans with spell hailstorm and rangers with hellish volley is enable for both spells to be used by target cursor.

This way facilitating the player to lure the mobs and gain more exp/h hitting easily more monsters when the spell is casted.

Because today rangers and shamans who use these spells select and attack one monster and wait for the others to stay close to the main target to hit all of them in the spell's range.

For the spell meteor shower this can be done too.

Zezenia Online Forum Screenshot
King Healer
Premium

Pharos
Level 1027
Mage
29th August 2023 22:38:55

This function would really be very good in some spells, including hellish volley and the possible trap of the rogue.

However, in addition to possibly adding this technique, I believe that the best thing would be a change in ranger damage / changes in magic, facilitating group hunting.
Xplosion
Player

Elysium
Level 995
Mage
31st August 2023 00:34:23

I am playing activly my Rogue which is my second character and atm he is mid level. I had bring it to the highest level on Seasonal before Rogue was buffed. Also I have tested marksman at level 300 and level 500 on Test Server and I had spoke with some friends from the guild that plays Rangers, so I have some feedback about that class.

Thats why I would like to share with some ideas which could improve rangers -mid and -end game, although I think that after the buff which had place this year ranger class is really playable and nice, its not hard to make very good, close to best experience per hour on mid level's. And even on level 500 Marksman can make solo a huge experience on such monsters like (spoiler! ) Ice Throwers, if anyone want to have exact numbers we can make a conversation on priv.

The last thing that I would like to point before I will write my ideas for the rangers, is that the key is BOOSTING. Like in every game daily routine which is a full boosted hunt, sometimes two, is the key. I know one Marksman which was boosting every day, made very good, close to perfect equipment like I owned just few weeks after enchanting was implemented, and he made leveling crazy (almost like me xD ), to become the top ranger level before he made break from Zezenia, in less than a half year on a x1 server ( this is the fact aswell, look at the highscores or msg me in game).

Ok, lets get to the point.

1. In my opinion for the good rotation of spell for a Rogue, he should receive an additional spell, which already was a Rogue spell but after one update was given to the Marksman. I am talking here about spell SPREADSHOT. In my opinion Spreadshot should be a class spell, like HELLISH VOLLEY - so Rogue and Marksman should be able to use Spreadshot. It would help a lot in rotation of spells while luring and killing group of monsters SOLO and in TEAM.

2. Rogue spell LETHAL AMBUSH, which is equivalent to Marksman DEXTROUS SHOT, deals something like ~15% less damage and this 1 second casting delay is really annoying. I know that there must be some diffrences between the subclasses, so Marksman spell has 1 second cooldown while Rogue has 1 second casting delay, but the damege should be the same. Staff, please fix that.

3. Dear Staff, the balancing bring to the Rogue subclass many positive changes, but there is one thing You might forgot (maybe it was intentionally, but I will take my chance to point it one more time). I have in mind spell RUTHLESS EXECUTION. You increased power of BARBED ARROW, so the spell which had instant damage little less than Execution, now become more powerful on the first strike + it have addiotional DoT damage. Its great You reduce the cooldown of this spell, but now we have a situation, where BARBED ARROW have:
- less cooldown
- less requirement of magic level
- have additional DoT dmg
- and finally no HP restriction like RUTHLESS EXECUTION
have higher dmg damage.
Please fix it by increasing dmg of Ruthless Execution so it will be stronger than Barbed Arrow something around 15-20%.

4. TRAPS. Great and unique spell. I dont know how You guys, but I feel that Rogue have some cool, dark aura around him, spells are dark coloured etc. Thats why ICY TRAPS doesnt suit there :D Btw the description of this 300 level Talent is: "Greater area but slightly decreased damage". SLIGHTLY. The damage is not slightly decresed, its something like 20% if I am correct? ( I had it on my notes somewhere, but cant find exact numbers right now and dont have time to test it on Zezenia while I am writing, anyway its late here xD ). My suggestion would be to stay at the dark theme of Rogue ( its just my RPG suggestion ;) ) and sprite of 3x3 TRAP should be the same as 2x3, and the damage should be the same. So conclusion is: 300 level talent should just give to the TRAP bigger area. Nothing less, nothing more.

4. Ricochet and Areal Dmg from weapon is really nice addition but in my opinion we can make something more for the whole class. I have idea to add to the HELLISH VOLLEY which is a Class spell a second wave of damage (like Shaman Hailstorm). I am not sure if better would be to increase the damage of Hellish Volley or to decrease its cooldown from 3 to 2 sec, but for sure it need a second wave, (33 or 50% dmg).

Those are my personal ideas, I spent a lot of time on testing my Rogue on many diffrent places solo and in teamhunts with my friends, writing thix text took me a while aswell, so I just hope its not so bad xD

I would like to invite to the discussion people that play RANGERS and have some expierience in playing it. For sure I will persuade my friends (which plays Marksman or Rogue) to share their thoughts and what can be done to improve the class.

Yours sincerely
Xplosion
Sir Artorias
Premium

Elysium
Level 404
Ranger
31st August 2023 11:28:47 (Last edited 31st August 2023 13:48:43)

My opinion playing a lot of Rogue.

Improved Spell Cooldown:
- Hellish volley 2sec
- Trap 5-7 sec
- Bearded is ok
- Ruthless 15-17 sec

Damage:
I believe that the damage of all spells is properly balanced

Mana cost:
If there is a change in the coldowns as mentioned above, it would be important to review the mana cost.
Barbed -> goes from 180 to 220
Hellish Volley -> remains the same value
Trap -> from 210 to 225.
Ruthless is ok.

Change in spells:
Make Barbed Arrow and Lethal Arrow instant, no cast time.
When walking on top of the trap that I drop, do not suffer the slowdown, its better because alot of time i lost place for monsters when want stay in the middle of trap.

We can see an example of the Quick Shot that is used at the beginning by the archers, and because it is instantaneous, it changes a lot the way of playing and the times of reuse of the other spells.
Itzal
Premium

Pharos
Level 809
Ranger
31st August 2023 17:11:19

I find the analyzes raised interesting and I would like to hear from the staff about possible ideas for the rangers.
Super Man
Player

Elysium
Level 362
Warrior
31st August 2023 22:09:09

I tested marksman level 500 on the test server, enchanted all Full items, and went for the Ice throwers, since I already know the respaw well, and it's a great option for ranger/warlock!

Because I don't know how to play marksman so well, I may have failed and adapted badly, but I don't think I'll do much more exp/hour than I was doing!
The exp was 23-25kk/hour, at level 500, as i said, with (everything) enchanted, since there's no way to enchant the quiver yet (which is a shame, because all other classes can have 33% exp boost in the set, while the ranger can only have 30%).

I have a rogue lvl 390, I would certainly have gotten better exp with rogue, because I know how to play the class, but anyway, it's not my main class, I just play ranger for a change, and because I really like it, and I would have taken it seriously, but unfortunately, in the past it was an unfeasible class to take seriously, because the exp/hour was much lower than that of all other classes!

Although the class balance has been very good, I still think they could make the ranger a little stronger, in terms of area magic, which would improve performance, and leave him comfortably competing for experience with the top/exp/day(or week)!

Before class balancing I was doing 6kk/hour at most, and after that, I was managing to do 13-14, at the same levels! That's already a considerable improvement! But it can still get a bit better!

That's a personal experience, and I still think it's missing a bit more damage, to make it more balanced with the other classes in the game!
My experience is with the playervsmonster, I have no idea how a significant increase in pure physical damage would look in PvP!
Barbed Arrow
Player

Elysium
Level 106
Ranger
1st September 2023 01:53:00

- Quivers should be enchantable by changing them to be hand protectors as shields and spellbooks. Thus crossbows and bows might not need ammo to work but could require a quiver to shoot arrows or bolts properly.

- Target cursor is a nice idea to some spells like hellish volley and traps allowing a better control of damage range instead of basing some sqm ahead (traps) or around the moving target (hellish volley).
1 2 3