1 2 3
Zaka Zero One
Player

Pharos
Level 737
Mage
9th September 2023 19:01:21

One thing to note, a lvl 500 barbarian gets 1300 in rage of fury (2S COD), while a lvl 500 ranger gets 650 in hellish volley (4S CD).

This is just a comparison class, I'm not even going to compare it to warlock.
Death Soul
Player

Elysium
Level 34
Mage
9th September 2023 19:34:08 (Last edited 9th September 2023 19:59:47)

Quoting Cristiano Lusitano:
One thing to note, a lvl 500 barbarian gets 1300 in rage of fury (2S COD), while a lvl 500 ranger gets 650 in hellish volley (4S CD).

This is just a comparison class, I'm not even going to compare it to warlock.

Its still wrong post, volley has 3 s cooldown.
But still for example marksman has other aoe spells, still they are not as good as rage of fury, but rangers have other specific. ;)

If you are comparing so much, compare exp that 500 barb is making on several spots to numbers a marksman can make for example on ice throwers, you might be surprised.

But yeah, vote for adding +10 atk to warsong lol, I hope Staff is not taking you all serious...
Ragnarok Black
Player

Pharos
Level 99
Ranger
9th September 2023 20:33:53

I suggest that you make a speed attack set that is only a ranger so that it kills the monsters quickly since it is a single Target and its area spells are not as good or as effective as the spells of the other subclasses.
Fuzzy
Player

Elysium
Level 10
Warrior
9th September 2023 21:43:08

Rework some AOE spells to be like Tibia Area Runes to player select the specific square destined to damage around it.

Besides making the gameplay easier it can increase some xp.

Ex.: hellish volley, arrow volley, traps.
Itzal
Premium

Pharos
Level 809
Ranger
11th September 2023 11:12:30

I think the ranger's point is that all classes have their magic of 2s in area and the damage is considerable, but the ranger itself has its magic of 3s and the damage is much lower than any other class.
King Healer
Premium

Pharos
Level 1027
Mage
12th September 2023 13:22:25

I see a lot of comments mocking the update regarding the rangers, but I see it as something necessary, just like the paladin update.

We know that the paladin is used for tanking, but balancing the classes is extremely important for a balanced game and I see the staff trying to do this in the latest updates and reworks.

The topic is actually coherent because if you take all the classes and put them to hunt, the EXP of the rangers are infinitely lower.

The barbarian's basic damage is interesting because the weapon has a considerable increase in attack, which should happen with the ranger.

Another point is that, as my friend commented, all classes have magic in area, instantaneous and for 2s, making it possible to hunt in a box.

The ranger's is single target and the area spell lasts 3 seconds, making him much inferior to a hunt with a lot of exp, but if you put the ranger on a hunt with few animals, he remains the same as the other classes and does not have superiority in X1 (against monsters)

The idea of ​​a return to desolation and an improvement in spells in the ranger/rework area is due to the equality of the classes.

I say this from my vision and experience in 2D games, Tibia for example, one of the biggest 2D games, saw that the ranger was being taxed as a looter only and this led to a change being made to the class, making the ranger strong single target and strong in hunting with arrow in area and spells equal to those of mages. In addition, nowadays, Tibia paladins are able to use their mana as a way of defending themselves, as it is a vocation without shields/defense buffs, they have this peculiarity of using some of the mana.

I'm not here trying to make classes absurd, just seeing the small flaws and trying to help.
Itzal
Premium

Pharos
Level 809
Ranger
12th September 2023 13:25:47

Quoting Xplosion:
I am playing activly my Rogue which is my second character and atm he is mid level. I had bring it to the highest level on Seasonal before Rogue was buffed. Also I have tested marksman at level 300 and level 500 on Test Server and I had spoke with some friends from the guild that plays Rangers, so I have some feedback about that class.

Thats why I would like to share with some ideas which could improve rangers -mid and -end game, although I think that after the buff which had place this year ranger class is really playable and nice, its not hard to make very good, close to best experience per hour on mid level's. And even on level 500 Marksman can make solo a huge experience on such monsters like (spoiler! ) Ice Throwers, if anyone want to have exact numbers we can make a conversation on priv.

The last thing that I would like to point before I will write my ideas for the rangers, is that the key is BOOSTING. Like in every game daily routine which is a full boosted hunt, sometimes two, is the key. I know one Marksman which was boosting every day, made very good, close to perfect equipment like I owned just few weeks after enchanting was implemented, and he made leveling crazy (almost like me xD ), to become the top ranger level before he made break from Zezenia, in less than a half year on a x1 server ( this is the fact aswell, look at the highscores or msg me in game).

Ok, lets get to the point.

1. In my opinion for the good rotation of spell for a Rogue, he should receive an additional spell, which already was a Rogue spell but after one update was given to the Marksman. I am talking here about spell SPREADSHOT. In my opinion Spreadshot should be a class spell, like HELLISH VOLLEY - so Rogue and Marksman should be able to use Spreadshot. It would help a lot in rotation of spells while luring and killing group of monsters SOLO and in TEAM.

2. Rogue spell LETHAL AMBUSH, which is equivalent to Marksman DEXTROUS SHOT, deals something like ~15% less damage and this 1 second casting delay is really annoying. I know that there must be some diffrences between the subclasses, so Marksman spell has 1 second cooldown while Rogue has 1 second casting delay, but the damege should be the same. Staff, please fix that.

3. Dear Staff, the balancing bring to the Rogue subclass many positive changes, but there is one thing You might forgot (maybe it was intentionally, but I will take my chance to point it one more time). I have in mind spell RUTHLESS EXECUTION. You increased power of BARBED ARROW, so the spell which had instant damage little less than Execution, now become more powerful on the first strike + it have addiotional DoT damage. Its great You reduce the cooldown of this spell, but now we have a situation, where BARBED ARROW have:
- less cooldown
- less requirement of magic level
- have additional DoT dmg
- and finally no HP restriction like RUTHLESS EXECUTION
have higher dmg damage.
Please fix it by increasing dmg of Ruthless Execution so it will be stronger than Barbed Arrow something around 15-20%.

4. TRAPS. Great and unique spell. I dont know how You guys, but I feel that Rogue have some cool, dark aura around him, spells are dark coloured etc. Thats why ICY TRAPS doesnt suit there :D Btw the description of this 300 level Talent is: "Greater area but slightly decreased damage". SLIGHTLY. The damage is not slightly decresed, its something like 20% if I am correct? ( I had it on my notes somewhere, but cant find exact numbers right now and dont have time to test it on Zezenia while I am writing, anyway its late here xD ). My suggestion would be to stay at the dark theme of Rogue ( its just my RPG suggestion ;) ) and sprite of 3x3 TRAP should be the same as 2x3, and the damage should be the same. So conclusion is: 300 level talent should just give to the TRAP bigger area. Nothing less, nothing more.

4. Ricochet and Areal Dmg from weapon is really nice addition but in my opinion we can make something more for the whole class. I have idea to add to the HELLISH VOLLEY which is a Class spell a second wave of damage (like Shaman Hailstorm). I am not sure if better would be to increase the damage of Hellish Volley or to decrease its cooldown from 3 to 2 sec, but for sure it need a second wave, (33 or 50% dmg).

Those are my personal ideas, I spent a lot of time on testing my Rogue on many diffrent places solo and in teamhunts with my friends, writing thix text took me a while aswell, so I just hope its not so bad xD

I would like to invite to the discussion people that play RANGERS and have some expierience in playing it. For sure I will persuade my friends (which plays Marksman or Rogue) to share their thoughts and what can be done to improve the class.

Yours sincerely
Xplosion

When we talk about exp, I doubt you do more ranger than classes like barb and warlock.

I use the complete exp set, with 2 low levels (rangers) boosting my exp, with pot and scrool, I can't get more than 45kk and a wl of the same lvl does almost twice as much and in relation to pvp, ranger unfortunately has no comparison with no mage. My arrow with skill 170 almost beats 300-450 on a mage. I believe that if I catch an AFK mage it takes me almost 20s to kill him in the basic attack.
Itzal
Premium

Pharos
Level 809
Ranger
15th September 2023 09:27:36 (Last edited 15th September 2023 13:20:48)

This is just confirmation from the ranger. This is a demonstration image of my damage of 21(skill 170 without itens) on a barbarian and a mage wand taking 222 (he lvl 228 and I 542) in addition to many other weaknesses of the ranger.

I'm just exemplifying with a barbarian, in mages it's not much different.

Zezenia Online Forum Screenshot
1 2 3