17th November 2023 15:30:59 CM Mercury View post »
Salut
Player

Elysium
Level 200
Ranger
20th November 2023 12:13:43

Quoting Rickstah:
These sprites look like something a 2d hack n slash/dungeon mobile game would use, wouldnt recommend them to zezenia because of different art styles.

I like the ideas in the thread tho, new spells or well thoughtout reworks are always appreciated.

What is your opinion about Marksman as the highest level on Zera?
I am struggling a lot because Marksman is very weak comparing to Rogue or Warlock at Cronus. I have very weak damage, low exp/h, average survive abilities, terrible waveclear.
My damage to 500 level warlock, even with critical continuum is so low that they don’t even need to heal, they will outbreak my whole damage with lifesteal after combo.
Ajama
Player

Pharos
Level 15
Ranger
20th November 2023 15:53:13 (Last edited 20th November 2023 16:44:23)

Quoting Inappropriate:
Quoting Rickstah:
These sprites look like something a 2d hack n slash/dungeon mobile game would use, wouldnt recommend them to zezenia because of different art styles.

I like the ideas in the thread tho, new spells or well thoughtout reworks are always appreciated.

I am struggling a lot because Marksman is very weak comparing to Rogue or Warlock at Cronus. I have very weak damage, low exp/h, average survive abilities, terrible waveclear.
My damage to 500 level warlock, even with critical continuum is so low that they don’t even need to heal, they will outbreak my whole damage with lifesteal after combo.

In general, rangers cant do very much alone, if you wanna play ranger pvp, you most often wanna team up with other rangers for pvp purposes. This is because as you say, you wont solo anyone and you are not really supposed to either, dealing high dmg sure.. dealing out oneshots? not really, thats why you wanna have mages for that job.

Just to add, I have dealt oneshots to 200 mages(dura or not, i dunno but most ppl go dura so i assume they actually had it), impressive as a 400 marksman? not sure, but imo thats enough to make u feel okay as a character who deal DPS and not combos. Why do I mention this shiet? .. well, cuz I feel like ppl are wondering what marksmans can do and sometimes they can pull off some naughty shiet after all.

But, with that said, me and Crisscross(400 WRL) have made some pvp attempts to check how marksman will do against him, I can consistently do 30%-45% of his healthpool, with multishot also triggered + crit I do atleast 45%.
This means he could very easily fuck up and actually die if he underestimates my damage and dont think he gotta heal it or if he would load combos in bad situations. Generally speaking, do I kill him? Nope, but it is for sure very annoying and rather high constant dmg output to deal with.

To add on top of that marksmans can taunt to catch up with anyone to bodyblock/barrel/spam arrow volleys.. not the easiest to hit, but it also deal higher dmg then dext shot, same goes for piercing shot.
Ranger tip overall: If you feel like your doing no dmg at all on a specifik target, rather try to join in for the mage combo rather than hoping for the best to happen.

Rangers impact in pvp is heavily decided by how you play your character imo, and as mentioned earlier, most often you dont wanna be a solo ranger cuz the main idea is to DPS your opponent rather than being able to solo him.

This impact also applies to hunting, people are shooting basic atks and going "rangers sux, specifically marksman", if you saw Trempis streams while we were teamhunting i was doing:
Piercing shot(last talent aoe), spread shot, hellish volley, arrow volley(out of pvp), + richochets.
Right now if I remember correctly my damage from above would be: 1250 + 850~? + 500~600? + 1200~ + richochets.
In the best of worlds, it adds up to 3,9k aoe dmg + richochet dmg / 4s.
Imo, thats quite nice dmg for a ranger to put out in 4s, considering your not a mage.

From my experience people are lazy and dont really utilize what they can when they play rangers, i've never seen someone do my aoe combinations as a marksman since i started zezenia, they should! XD

Solo hunting - focus xp/hp ratio monsters and continiously deal piercing shots, Its like your given +50 distance skills instantly.
Dont focus richochet as many as u can or something like that, it does you more harm then good escpecially later on when everything is magic/range damage, you will end up healing instead of dealing piercing/volley/dex shots.
To master the single target dps, again if your not lazy -> piercing (initially lower the armor) -> arrow volley(higher dmg then dex) -> dex -> dex -> ... piercing, and so on.

I would like to see atleast one of the simplest thing to add: higher richochet damage.
I've seen this when i've checked forums once in a while from many other players too.
Simple, better then doing nothing.
MAY give a reason to focus more on richochets while solo hunting.
Another thing I would like to see is atleast one way for survival which could be strategically played, I dont really ask for more then this, you could use taunt for speed but its not enough survival wise if someone is faster anyways.
Maybe something different of a spell for marksman like "Marked": Gives 50% hp buff for 4s could be something equivalent to evasion except the fact you COULD still be killed. It could also be used strategically if you lack a paladin or for some reason come up with a scenario where the marksman quickily could step in to tank a combo or whatever. Obviously, it could also be equivalent to evasion as a way to atleast higher the rate of escaping opponents in bad situations as well.

rogue traps vs marksman aoe? - not sure about trap dmg, but the traps doesnt stay for too long, marksman on the other hand can keep pumping. I have a feeling you do almost the same damage, but when the traps end, marksman win cuz of trap cd.

I like marksmans cuz your rewarded heavily from active play, funnier then pressing one button in stance-mode.
Perma Dead
Player

Zera
Level 200
Mage
20th November 2023 20:48:00

Quoting Rickstah:
Quoting Inappropriate:
Quoting Rickstah:

In general, rangers cant do very much alone, if you wanna play ranger pvp, you most often wanna team up with other rangers for pvp purposes. This is because as you say, you wont solo anyone and you are not really supposed to either, dealing high dmg sure.. dealing out oneshots? not really, thats why you wanna have mages for that job.

Just to add, I have dealt oneshots to 200 mages(dura or not, i dunno but most ppl go dura so i assume they actually had it), impressive as a 400 marksman? not sure, but imo thats enough to make u feel okay as a character who deal DPS and not combos. Why do I mention this shiet? .. well, cuz I feel like ppl are wondering what marksmans can do and sometimes they can pull off some naughty shiet after all.

But, with that said, me and Crisscross(400 WRL) have made some pvp attempts to check how marksman will do against him, I can consistently do 30%-45% of his healthpool, with multishot also triggered + crit I do atleast 45%.
This means he could very easily fuck up and actually die if he underestimates my damage and dont think he gotta heal it or if he would load combos in bad situations. Generally speaking, do I kill him? Nope, but it is for sure very annoying and rather high constant dmg output to deal with.

To add on top of that marksmans can taunt to catch up with anyone to bodyblock/barrel/spam arrow volleys.. not the easiest to hit, but it also deal higher dmg then dext shot, same goes for piercing shot.
Ranger tip overall: If you feel like your doing no dmg at all on a specifik target, rather try to join in for the mage combo rather than hoping for the best to happen.

Rangers impact in pvp is heavily decided by how you play your character imo, and as mentioned earlier, most often you dont wanna be a solo ranger cuz the main idea is to DPS your opponent rather than being able to solo him.

This impact also applies to hunting, people are shooting basic atks and going "rangers sux, specifically marksman", if you saw Trempis streams while we were teamhunting i was doing:
Piercing shot(last talent aoe), spread shot, hellish volley, arrow volley(out of pvp), + richochets.
Right now if I remember correctly my damage from above would be: 1250 + 850~? + 500~600? + 1200~ + richochets.
Imo, thats quite nice dmg for a ranger to put out in 4s, considering your not a mage.

From my experience people are lazy and dont really utilize what they can when they play rangers, i've never seen someone do my aoe combinations as a marksman since i started zezenia, they should! XD

Solo hunting - focus xp/hp ratio monsters and continiously deal piercing shots, Its like your given +50 distance skills instantly.
Dont focus richochet as many as u can or something like that, it does you more harm then good escpecially later on when everything is magic/range damage, you will end up healing instead of dealing piercing/volley/dex shots.
To master the single target dps, again if your not lazy -> piercing (initially lower the armor) -> arrow volley(higher dmg then dex) -> dex -> dex -> ... piercing, and so on.

I would like to see atleast one of the simplest thing to add: higher richochet damage.
I've seen this when i've checked forums once in a while from many other players too.
Another thing I would like to see is atleast one way for survival which could be strategically played, I dont really ask for more then this, you could use taunt for speed but its not enough survival wise if someone is faster anyways.
Maybe something different of a spell for marksman like "Marked": Gives 50% hp buff for 4s could be something equivalent to evasion except the fact you COULD still be killed. It could also be used strategically if you lack a paladin or for some reason come up with a scenario where the marksman quickily could step in to tank a combo or whatever. Obviously, it could also be equivalent to evasion as a way to atleast higher the rate of escaping opponents in bad situations as well.

rogue traps vs marksman aoe? - not sure about trap dmg, but the traps doesnt stay for too long, marksman on the other hand can keep pumping. I have a feeling you do almost the same damage, but when the traps end, marksman win cuz of trap cd.

I like marksmans cuz your rewarded heavily from active play, funnier then pressing one button in stance-mode.

There are so many things they do could/try to help the lower exp classes, let see if they eventually try something.
Not only that I think making the classes more fun to play is needed as well, playing a shaman at high level in a team and solo is quite boring.
Ajama
Player

Pharos
Level 15
Ranger
20th November 2023 21:09:06 (Last edited 20th November 2023 22:43:29)

Quoting Perma Dead:
Quoting Rickstah:
Quoting Inappropriate:
Quoting Rickstah:

There are so many things they do could/try to help the lower exp classes, let see if they eventually try something.
Not only that I think making the classes more fun to play is needed as well, playing a shaman at high level in a team and solo is quite boring.

Indeed there is work to do for sure, shaman is by far the most boring class to play for xping, theres not much happening in teamhunts more then healing. AoE spells with combination of damaging monsters and healing players would be cool to see.
Shamans hailstorm could also increase its dmg in pve specifically, same could go for adv. Soulfire.. not the best spell but since shaman is quite tanky they could do atleast decent aoe in solo hunts that way with hail/adv. Something fresh would be an alternative spell like adv soulfire unique for shaman to feel a bit special. Then pyros could keep going adv. Soulfire and shaman go with "adv. Mortal melody/ Natures calling" or smth.

"Nature Blast/Toxic Blast" - could be something like whirlwind in sqm/animation but with the mortal melody notes, or some kind of spikes, the functionality would be pretty much a barbed arrow (dot dmg) on everyone hit.

If u could place out like healing pulses on the ground that heals some squaremeters x amount of times(functionality pretty much exists within pillars already) and meanwhile you can deal dmg before it runs out, and for pvp it would add some spice to strategic play.
You wouldnt be able to stack the square meters with other shamans, and this type of healing would be weaker but helpfull, the area would be small and dependent on good positioning to work out (4-6/9sqms).

There could also be a 1sqm healing spell that pulses, "Holy Trail", specifically designed to help the primary blocker both in pvp/pve, this would be a stronger one leaving a 1sqm glow on the ground of some kind, stronger than the holy ground but weaker then heal friend and with a proper CD so warriors can reposition between pulls in time.
This one is very much up to discussion and would require plenty of testing.

I dunno, but something like that opens up some variety already on how to play/position teams etc, also shamans would hopefully be able to use their damage spells when hunting, on real danger they rather go with the classic heal friend spell.

Something like "storm shield" would also be cool, where you can give a player a shield of 10% of his max hp, could be a medium CD, most often it may not save anyone.. but it could do and it makes it a lil bit more interesting for support play. Ofcourse if mulitple shamans would cast storm shield it wouldnt stack.
Shield lasts for 1s - 2s.

If not this, "natures blessing" would be cool, where you could make someone immortal for 1s with semi-high CD, similar to stoneskin but on one guy. Perfect timing would save allies, although very hard and skill requiring. It could also be something that backfires on the shaman like ALL mana gets drained on cast, not too bad depending on situation but still unique and adds a feel of powerfulness to the spell.

These are just ideas and you would have to do big tests (like staff testing and test server) to see whats way too OP and what is not, what is gonna be fun and skill requiring and what is not etc.
However, I would like to see spells that benefits the skilled players, and those would totally do that, being a support should be more encouraging for both pvp/pve.
Ajama
Player

Pharos
Level 15
Ranger
20th November 2023 21:26:57 (Last edited 20th November 2023 21:31:27)

---- accidently double posted ----
Fire Darks
Player

Zera
Level 19
Ranger
21st November 2023 02:47:28

It is somewhat ridiculous that they want to improve the marksman knowing that it is the third most buffed subclass in the game and saying that the rogue is better than marksman has to be a joke please the only good thing that the rogue has is its survival the rest is garbage compared to The other subclasses are the shaman, which is the weakest subclass in the game
Perma Dead
Player

Zera
Level 200
Mage
22nd November 2023 02:33:02 (Last edited 22nd November 2023 02:33:50)

I just got my shaman to 280 on Cronus and noticed some very off things, first off my advance soulfire hits more than my hailstorm on the initial hit (460 adv and 398 hailstorm) and the big talent for hailstorm only increases it's damage by 6.6% on average (going from 398.4 on average to 425.6 on average). That is 152 damage below a level 242 warlocks cross WITHOUT the warlocks big talent. ( and the fact warlocks get a second hit of 50% while a shamans second hit is 30%)
Ajama
Player

Pharos
Level 15
Ranger
22nd November 2023 07:19:28 (Last edited 22nd November 2023 07:22:10)

Quoting Perma Dead:
I just got my shaman to 280 on Cronus and noticed some very off things, first off my advance soulfire hits more than my hailstorm on the initial hit (460 adv and 398 hailstorm) and the big talent for hailstorm only increases it's damage by 6.6% on average (going from 398.4 on average to 425.6 on average). That is 152 damage below a level 242 warlocks cross WITHOUT the warlocks big talent. ( and the fact warlocks get a second hit of 50% while a shamans second hit is 30%)

Ye I mean, if you compare shaman aoe with warlock aoe you should already know the outcome from simply the reason warlock is designed to deal more damage instead of being able to support. Its the same as when people argue barbs are doing more damage then paladins, its like.. no shiet? :D

But, yep.. shamans could use some alternative aoes thats also easier to hit when ur luring stacks, I would like one who puts dot damage like how barbed arrows function, would simplify focus healing but still doing damage over time during teamhunts so I think it makes sense for shamans. It would also simplify solo hunting by luring many monsters with shamans tankyness but due to lower aoe damage and probably not healing full hp, atleast then will have safe damage like this. How much damage would it do per tick? up to test. Would the dot damage consistently selfheal too much? up to test, would it healthsteal at all or would shamans be happy with just safe and consistent damage output? up to test.
The sprite could be of nature forces, maybe some kind of poison animation.
Hellsinner
Player

Elysium
Level 146
Warrior
22nd November 2023 11:18:53 (Last edited 22nd November 2023 11:21:27)

Quoting Rickstah:

But, yep.. shamans could use some alternative aoes thats also easier to hit when ur luring stacks, I would like one who puts dot damage like how barbed arrows function, would simplify focus healing but still doing damage over time during teamhunts so I think it makes sense for shamans. It would also simplify solo hunting by luring many monsters with shamans tankyness but due to lower aoe damage and probably not healing full hp, atleast then will have safe damage like this. How much damage would it do per tick? up to test. Would the dot damage consistently selfheal too much? up to test, would it healthsteal at all or would shamans be happy with just safe and consistent damage output? up to test.

A simple change which could help shamans with spell hailstorm also rangers with hellish volley is enable for both spells to be used by target cursor. For example: Like a player when using area runes (gfb, avalanche) to hunt in tibia.

This makes it easier for the player to safely attract more mobs and easily hit more monsters when the spell is cast.

Because today rangers and shamans who use these spells select and attack one monster and wait for the others to stay close to the main target to hit all of them within the spell's range.

Zezenia Online Forum Screenshot
Salut
Player

Elysium
Level 200
Ranger
22nd November 2023 11:27:24 (Last edited 22nd November 2023 11:28:48)

Quoting Hellsinner:
Quoting Rickstah:

A simple change which could help shamans with spell hailstorm also rangers with hellish volley is enable for both spells to be used by target cursor. For example: Like a player when using area runes (gfb, avalanche) to hunt in tibia.

This makes it easier for the player to safely attract more mobs and easily hit more monsters when the spell is cast.

Because today rangers and shamans who use these spells select and attack one monster and wait for the others to stay close to the main target to hit all of them within the spell's range.

Zezenia Online Forum Screenshot

Best idea so far.
It will fix Ranger and Shaman low experience and make it even more fun to play also still much different than warlock or pyro.

I really love the idea. Simple, smart and lovely.
1 2 3 4