« First
5 6 7 8 9
Last »
This thread has been locked by a moderator.
Show staff replies in this thread
17th November 2020 14:12:04 GM Shadow View post »
19th November 2020 18:31:04 GM Shadow View post »
21st November 2020 00:00:47 GM Shadow View post »
26th November 2020 10:04:13 Administration View post »
26th November 2020 14:34:40 GM Shadow View post »
27th November 2020 02:14:19 GM Shadow View post »
Nathan Aspinall
Player

Pharos
Level 451
Ranger
20th November 2020 21:00:56 (Last edited 20th November 2020 21:09:45)

As I said I do not know how it scales at higher level but basing at my calculations it is just too powerful. I can imagine many situations to use it in pvp and pvm.
As I said before, it is totally incomparable to any other cc spell. You said that the spell is now harder to use because it is directional but remember that it lasts 4 seconds and you don't have to see your opponent to hit him. While escaping, you can just put it on the ground and run further freely even if there is a lot of enemies because it does not disappear while someone step on it.

Some pvm examples:
* Teamhunt - walk close to the blocker put it on the ground and attack every monster by around 70% of weapon's dmg 8 times within 4 seconds.
* Solo hunting - put on the ground and walk around it

I think that this spell should not be as good in pvm.

So there are some ways to choose:
*The damage should be lower (combination of aoe high dmg and aoe crowd control is too strong)
**Stepped on mine should disappear (avoiding multi hits)

Moreover, the slow should not work against monsters as all other spells.
Deadpool
Player

Pharos
Level 472
Ranger
20th November 2020 21:53:54 (Last edited 23rd November 2020 12:10:38)

Deleted
Makavelly
Player

Pharos
Level 545
Ranger
20th November 2020 22:09:43

Quoting Deadpool:
What are you basing your calculations off of?
All your proposals are 100% PVP based with 0 Optional PVP thought, currently.
Elysium wants mechanics, too. Not just braindead damage.
I know you don't give a crap about Elysium as your proposal is selfish towards them.

Try to focus on helping marksman while helping staff move into the future with Optional PVP tweaks.
Less focus to downgrade Rogue. Every post you made clearly shows it.

------------------------------

(CRUEL DEATH)
I'm just giving opinions to see if something really good can happen but guys like this only think in pvp mode.
All my posts are Pvp and Pvm aiming that the game was fun in addition to a war but also with cool mechanics for mass game.
They are people like this guy who spoil the updates with greedy ideas for their own good. So some updates always have to change because of guys like that, as I said I will not play but I am an admirer of the game so I am here to do it yet have a chance to get something really good in the work of the administrators of this game.
Not that I like the Adms everyone knows that I don't like them either.
Nathan Aspinall
Player

Pharos
Level 451
Ranger
20th November 2020 22:19:45 (Last edited 20th November 2020 22:20:57)

@Deadpool
It's not about making too powerful improvements for any class.. I want both rangers' subclass to be balanced.

Look objectively and answer. What advantages has one subclass over another and vice versa?

Traps spell is overpowered at many dimensions. No doubt.
Makavelly
Player

Pharos
Level 545
Ranger
20th November 2020 22:26:56

This spell in PVM is very useful but in PVP you only die for it only if you stop like a square beast in a SQM.
Trap is a tactical spell not made to kill someone but to make tactics if this magic is not strong people will ignore the idea that it has good damage is precisely for people to respect a trap.
It will be used a lot for a Rogue Running in danger.
It will hardly be used to kill someone, maybe if you are one of those guys who likes to jump into traps then it will be used to kill.
GM Shadow
Game Master

21st November 2020 00:00:47

A few more changes --
- Various ranger spell CD's have been adjusted.
- Ranger traps is again 2x3 but the slow effect is stronger.
- Offensive Imm no longer reduces HP but mana (temp)
- Rangers now have a 20% chance to dodge another rangers bow/xbow attack (should not affect magic attacks)
- Arrow Volley now slows 40% on the target like original but also 20% slow on the surrounding dmg tiles (the pattern didn't change)
- Guild bug issue resolved.

Note: The Fate of Isaac quest is temporarily unavailable to complete until we release a new client.
Makavelly
Player

Pharos
Level 545
Ranger
21st November 2020 01:17:25 (Last edited 21st November 2020 01:18:23)

Quoting GM Shadow:
A few more changes --
- Rangers now have a 20% chance to dodge another rangers bow/xbow attack (should not affect magic attacks)
- Arrow Volley now slows 40% on the target like original but also 20% slow on the surrounding dmg tiles (the pattern didn't change)

Note: The Fate of Isaac quest is temporarily unavailable to complete until we release a new client.

----------------------------------------------

You need to change the CD of hellish volley to the ranger to hunt solo and be accepted in team hunt.
Perhaps the Short Scape CD can decrease 1200 seconds by using it only once per fight in pvp.
Anarchist
Player

Elysium
Level 244
Warrior
21st November 2020 01:41:41

pls nerf ranger
Nathan Aspinall
Player

Pharos
Level 451
Ranger
21st November 2020 10:56:57 (Last edited 21st November 2020 17:41:35)

I will repeat: Each Trap's mine should disappear after stepping on it. The cooldown is very low so it is not a problem to cast it again.
Fatallity
Player

Elysium
Level 714
Ranger
21st November 2020 11:07:41

Quoting GM Shadow:
A few more changes --

You need to back high speed in Offensive Imm (marks buff) !! Back cd spread shot and piercing shot for 2s too. Back cd hellish volley for 2s too (ranger need it for solo hunt). Without Hellish Volley (5s is absurd) i cant hunt solo demon lords, yaghan occ, blia... a lot of imps and spam screen, down exp/h if i need targeting low creatures.
« First
5 6 7 8 9
Last »