1 2 3
Last »
This thread has been locked by a moderator.
Show staff replies in this thread
29th August 2021 21:24:24 GM Shadow View post »
31st August 2021 13:27:59 GM Shadow View post »
31st August 2021 16:14:54 GM Shadow View post »
31st August 2021 16:21:37 GM Shadow View post »
31st August 2021 16:36:26 GM Shadow View post »
2nd September 2021 20:04:40 Administration View post »
4th September 2021 23:54:13 GM Shadow View post »
7th September 2021 17:08:38 GM Shadow View post »
7th September 2021 18:57:33 GM Shadow View post »
13th September 2021 16:14:53 Administration View post »
Administration
Staff

29th August 2021 18:25:35

The Zezenia Online Public Test Server is now online! Download the test client here to get started. The Test Server is based on a snapshot taken earlier today, so all of your progress may not be reflected.

Please post your feedback and bug reports in this thread. Check the list of known issues below before posting.

The Bestiary

The newly added Bestiary details all monsters to be found in the world of Zezenia and serves as a personal collection. Killing a monster will unlock its bestiary page along with common stats & loot.

Zezenia Online Forum Screenshot

Avid beast collectors can work to familiarize themselves and ultimately master each monster, unlocking very rare loot along the way. Bestiary kills are shared between all players. Newly added Beast Collector, Beast Master & Beast Grandmaster achievements are earned by unlocking & mastering monsters in the bestiary.

The Bestiary can be opened from the new Library menu or using CTRL + B.

Monster Boosts are available for purchase in the bestiary using noble Zezenian coins. Options include a +25% experience boost, increased enraged & elite spawns and a monster health debuff.

Active boosts are shared with all players on the game world, and can be seen on login & from the Bestiary. Generous community members will receive thanks for their boost purchases!

New Eidos

The beginner town of Eidos and associated beginner quests has received a major overhaul. Discover a new old town of many hardships following a war with the mad wizard Bollahar. Some of the new quests are still a work in progress as we work on finishing touches.

Eidos houses have moved in the map and will lose their owners. As compensation, the current owners (at this time) of these houses will receive compensation and timed exclusive bidding rights. Your items will be moved to the depot.

Bandit Camps

New Bandit Camps have appeared across the map. Make your way to these outlaw encampments through the world map to clear them & loot their treasure.

Unfortunately crime is spreading across the lands and new encampments will appear in the future. The difficulty level of each camp will vary from low to high levels, with the first camps tailored towards beginners.

World Map Changes

Added new solo hunting spawns for Werebear (available now) & Mighty Magician Werebear (coming soon).
Added new islands: solo Geck'zah area & team Crabs & Unholy Dreadlords. (Coming soon)
Expanded Devil spawn.
Slightly expanded Dreadlord spawn.
Slightly expanded Chenoo spawn. (Coming soon)

Full Changelog

Quoting Changelog:

New in Zezenia

- The Bestiary: collect every monster in Zezenia to your personal bestiary. Master each monster to unlock loot information and gain achievements.

- New Talents System: each subclass has their own talent tree with varying tiers & two special talents to choose from.

- New Eidos: discover the new old beginner town ravaged by war. Exact revenge on the mad wizard Bollahar for the people of Eidos by completing the new chain of beginner quests.

- Bandit Camps: look out for newly added outlaw encampments on the World Map. Raid and clear them out for random loot.

- The Library: discover information about monsters, spells, subclasses & talents inside the game.

- Replaced Talents in the Abilities window with equipment and talent Stats.

- Added a network latency indicator. The indicator can be toggled in game settings.

- Added opt-in automatic crash & bug reports. Error reports are submitted if the game client crashes. Reporting can be toggled in the game settings.

- Added minimap markers for all boats.

- Added the option to show an inline mana bar below the health bar.

- Added a warning on login if there are insufficient funds in the bank for house rent.

Changes

- Certain spells are no longer usable behind walls or on targets in protection areas.

- Arena & dungeon restricted spells are now disabled in the Castle War event.

- A loot dialog is now shown on dungeon completion if any items are received.

- Improved quest log organization & sorting.

- Lower level raid broadcasts are now only seen in nearby areas.

Fixes

- Server & client performance & networking improvements.

- Fixed issues with right clicking items in overlapping container windows.

- Fixed a rare issue with players being unable to walk after login.

Quoting Known issues:

- Loot may overflow in the Bestiary dialog on some monsters.

- Some monsters are misaligned in the Bestiary.

- Some Bandit Camps shown on the map are not yet added.

- New outfits have minor transparency glitches.

See you on the Test Server!

Sincerely,
Zezenia Staff
Claricnz
Player

Pharos
Level 311
Mage
29th August 2021 19:19:30 (Last edited 29th August 2021 19:35:50)

First impressions.

Talents.
Yet again I login to the test server and because of a talent "Update" I'm nerfed ALOT.
Before the update:

After the update:

So just logging in to the game I lose 6% magic resistance and 150 HP.
I will need 90 EXTRA levels after the update to be at the same place I am today

Bestiary:
I like the new bestiary but yet again you make low level monsters better to hunt than high level.
This makes high level spawn less appealing and lower level spawns more appealing to high levels.

Low monster:

High monster:

I like the new stats window but it would be nice to show the percentages from everything, like active potions/buffs etc.
Fire Noodles
Player

Pharos
Level 514
Ranger
29th August 2021 19:39:31

I love the idea of the bestiarty , but some monsters take an awful lot of coins and i am afraid the community could have a hard time paying that, I think it would be in the best interest to lower the amount of time from the bestiary from 6 hours to 1 hour and make the cost 10 coins per hour , this makes it alot more affordable and people will use the boost when they feel the need , not hunt for 1 hour then log off not being able to utilize the time left. Make smaller increment of time/ and 10 coins per hour, please and thanks
!
Claricnz
Player

Pharos
Level 311
Mage
29th August 2021 20:01:09 (Last edited 29th August 2021 20:02:00)

I would like to suggest a change to the way the current talents work.
Currently you don't get your "good" talent till level 300, meaning everyone below 300 gains nothing.

I would suggest splitting the final talent in to 3, making each rank give 33% of the current E.G 1 point is 33%, then 2 points is 66% and 3 points is the same as 1 point now.
It would look something like this.

So you can unlock the first one at level 100, then the second at level 200 and finally the last point at level 300.

GM Shadow
Game Master

29th August 2021 21:24:24 (Last edited 29th August 2021 21:27:32)

Quoting Fusion:

Talents.
Yet again I login to the test server and because of a talent "Update" I'm nerfed ALOT.

Base character stats (prior to talent points) for Aggression & Resistance were increased 10%, and Fortification by 15%. The strength of talents like Durability were increased as well. On the current live server that would require 105 levels to acquire.

While the end result will not be the same as current live server I hope you will find the change is not the nerf you think!
Claricnz
Player

Pharos
Level 311
Mage
29th August 2021 21:27:05 (Last edited 29th August 2021 21:53:12)

Quoting GM Shadow:
Quoting Fusion:

Talents.

Base character stats (prior to talent points) for Aggression & Resistance were increased 10%. The strength of talents like Durability were increased as well. While the end result will not be the same as current live server I hope you will find the change is not the nerf you think!

The nerf is 100% a nerf, I've calculated it and from live to test server I lose 6% magic resistance and 150 HP. To get thos talents back I would need to get this character to level 230 to just be the same as a level 140 on live.

It's not hard to work out the simple math, it is 100% a nerf and a HUGE nerf at that.

EDIT:
Live:
I start with 0% magic resist and 0% aggression.
If I max both I get 25% aggression and 20% magic resistance

Test Server:
I start with 10% magic resist and 10% aggression (Like you said)
If I max resist I get 10%+10% from the talent adding to 20%
If I max aggression I get 10%+10% from the talent adding to 20% (so even if I max this It's always -5% than live)

Currently on live you get 3 HP per point and I can get 40 points, meaning I get 120 extra HP

On the test server you get 50 HP per point, meaning I would need 3 points
-------------------------------------------------------------

So heres what I get from talents on live
20% magic resist
25% aggression
120 HP

Here is what I get on the test server
14% magic resist
20% aggression (even though I have it maxed I lose 5%, according to your values)
0 HP

To get those extra 9 points needed for the SAME percentages I would need another 90 levels on top of what I have, you cannot say that's not a HUGE nerf.

I also do not understand the point of the talent changes, this does NOTHING to help with the current imbalanced between classes in terms of EXP/h etc. I thought something more drastic was going to happen to help the single target classes to come closer to that of a Paladin/Barbarian/Pyro. Currently the talent system does nothing for that problem.
King Healer
Player

Pharos
Level 1005
Mage
29th August 2021 21:53:34 (Last edited 29th August 2021 22:05:55)

SQM BUG IN EIDOS~CANT LEAVE

(This will be fixed at the next TS restart thank you. -- GM Shadow)
Nelvam Guilherme
Player

Elysium
Level 927
Warrior
29th August 2021 22:14:12

Is there the possibility of summoning elite and enraged baphomet in dungeons?
Kazuto Rikudou
Player

Pharos
Level 42
Warrior
30th August 2021 01:55:14

fusion

If you did not have in the previous test server the new talents benefit the Warlock, shaman and rogue
Mamrot
Premium

Elysium
Level 489
Warrior
30th August 2021 05:33:45

Quoting Fusion:
Quoting GM Shadow:
Quoting Fusion:

Talents.

Base character stats (prior to talent points) for Aggression & Resistance were increased 10%. The strength of talents like Durability were increased as well. While the end result will not be the same as current live server I hope you will find the change is not the nerf you think!

The nerf is 100% a nerf, I've calculated it and from live to test server I lose 6% magic resistance and 150 HP. To get thos talents back I would need to get this character to level 230 to just be the same as a level 140 on live.

It's not hard to work out the simple math, it is 100% a nerf and a HUGE nerf at that.

EDIT:
Live:
I start with 0% magic resist and 0% aggression.
If I max both I get 25% aggression and 20% magic resistance

Test Server:
I start with 10% magic resist and 10% aggression (Like you said)
If I max resist I get 10%+10% from the talent adding to 20%
If I max aggression I get 10%+10% from the talent adding to 20% (so even if I max this It's always -5% than live)

Currently on live you get 3 HP per point and I can get 40 points, meaning I get 120 extra HP

On the test server you get 50 HP per point, meaning I would need 3 points
-------------------------------------------------------------

So heres what I get from talents on live
20% magic resist
25% aggression
120 HP

Here is what I get on the test server
14% magic resist
20% aggression (even though I have it maxed I lose 5%, according to your values)
0 HP

To get those extra 9 points needed for the SAME percentages I would need another 90 levels on top of what I have, you cannot say that's not a HUGE nerf.

I also do not understand the point of the talent changes, this does NOTHING to help with the current imbalanced between classes in terms of EXP/h etc. I thought something more drastic was going to happen to help the single target classes to come closer to that of a Paladin/Barbarian/Pyro. Currently the talent system does nothing for that problem.

+1 i hit less, and im nerfed a lot, only bonus spells giving to me some boost, but if i choose it i have to substract 3-4 points in weapon boost to have same heal as i had, and still cant use any 1 point in fortification cuz i dont have points, in my opinion some talents like weapon boost etc should be doubled to save some talents its insane that i need 1000lvl to max talents....
1 2 3
Last »