1 2 3 4 5
Last »
This thread has been locked by a moderator.
Show staff replies in this thread
29th August 2021 21:24:24 GM Shadow View post »
31st August 2021 13:27:59 GM Shadow View post »
31st August 2021 16:14:54 GM Shadow View post »
31st August 2021 16:21:37 GM Shadow View post »
31st August 2021 16:36:26 GM Shadow View post »
2nd September 2021 20:04:40 Administration View post »
4th September 2021 23:54:13 GM Shadow View post »
7th September 2021 17:08:38 GM Shadow View post »
7th September 2021 18:57:33 GM Shadow View post »
13th September 2021 16:14:53 Administration View post »
GM Shadow
Game Master

31st August 2021 16:14:54 (Last edited 31st August 2021 16:20:14)

@Fusion - Staff is happy to respond to constructive critique and feedback - however please refrain from baseless claims regarding the staff and the game at every opportunity. We are not forcing you to be here.

Regarding your issues -
- Please add in the 15% Fortification base rate that was left out of your post. At the level you are showing your numbers for new talents (~ level 139 since you have 14 points) 15% fortification is significant.

"So just logging in to the game I lose 6% magic resistance and 150 HP." -- With 40 points it's 120HP not 150HP. Yes you lost 6% MR and 5% Aggression at this level. However you gained 15% Fort & **Update Note**

Let's Check level 100 (11 points):

Live:
25% Aggression
20% MR
3 HP

TS:
20% Aggression
11% MR
15% Fort

Let's jump to level 200 (21 points) and check again:

Live:
25% Aggression
20% MR
150 HP
5% Fort
1.5 Weapon Boost

TS:
20% Aggression
20% MR (You could sacrifice here for mana steal)
15% Fort
.5 Weapon Boost

One More time at level 300 (31 points):

Live:
25% Aggression
20% MR
150 HP
18.75% Fort
1.5 Weapon Boost
45 Speed (Legerity)

TS:
20% Aggression
20% MR (You could sacrifice here for mana steal)
15% Fort
5.0 Weapon Boost (This affects spell damage some now as well)
Lasting Pain or Immolation Talent

** Update Note** Another factor that is important and not discussed in detail -- With the revamped and expanding quests & events among lower level players leveling is easier and more exciting than ever, quest rewards (gear and training) are/will be stronger than ever. For new players without high level gear this is very relevant and related to talent strength.
The Bestiary and frequent events also provide a way to boost EXP not previously available.

Our goal was not to nerf anyone significantly, but rather change our system and provide more choices! We understand at some levels for certain classes things are a bit different but hopefully the overall gameplay for new and old players is more interesting :) We are always open to improving the system so please continue with feedback!
GM Shadow
Game Master

31st August 2021 16:21:37 (Last edited 31st August 2021 16:22:02)

Bestiary monster boost costs (noble coins) will be adjusted on TS, especially targeting the higher level monsters.
GM Shadow
Game Master

31st August 2021 16:36:26 (Last edited 31st August 2021 16:37:50)

Delita Heiral -- Appreciate the feedback regarding mana steal and your concerns. We can certainly take a closer look!

Special Note: **Basic attacks are 1 per 1.5 seconds. Not 1 per 1 second.

Focusing on a Pyromancer as you did:
If the player uses ONLY 1 spell - Inferno (unlikely) they will use 370 mana + wand per rotation.
If they maxed out mana steal and returned 150 mana per 1.5 second wand attack they would return 400 mana every 4 seconds -- Pretty much breaking even there.

We have to remember that most pyromancers will have Fire Shield active all the time which takes mana for damage reduction as well.

So the talent certainly has some strength and may need to be checked on but let us know what you think after these extra details :)
Revenge Clown
Player

Pharos
Level 631
Warrior
31st August 2021 16:48:52

Barbarians are being shown zero to no love with this update.

Let me reiterate that I am a 576 Barb with 183/183 skills and I do not tank more than a 320 paladin. (This is true, no baloney).

With the addition to shield slam damage + multi strike on a Paladin, they not only tank more, but significantly do more damage than a Barbarian.

While I'm busy healing the damage (apparently 183/183 doesn't mean much) the Paladin is freely spamming away his spells.

Something I propose is a 3-4% fortification added to the barbarian frenzy (or just a new spell) would pay out in DIVIDENDS. (doesn't even need the HP buff but just the overall protection/negation of damage).

For bestiary; I think if 1 player pays for the entire monster (exp/debuff/etc) then only he should get the benefits of that monster and members of his party.

Also the ability to hide the notification of the boosted creature, it's just my personal opinion that players don't want people turning up in their spawn trying to freeload.
Delita Heiral
Player

Elysium
Level 101
Warrior
31st August 2021 16:58:00

@GM Shadow
I really appreciate the reply brother...
like I said, Im not bitching because I'm not going to be using the talent myself (or maybe I will in the future, who knows?) Im just thinking that it will almost make use of mana potion useless for those classes, since they will barely need to use it with those numbers (maybe test with lower amount of mana steal?)
of course NO ONE (mage/ranger) will complain about it... its a massive giga huge buff for them, but like I said, Im just looking on the bigger picture.
Delita Heiral
Player

Elysium
Level 101
Warrior
31st August 2021 17:20:06 (Last edited 31st August 2021 17:20:52)

@Revenge Clown
I been testing Paladin and Barbarian (since I can change on TS) and dude.. you're going to tell me that the dmg buffs is NOTHING to Barbarians? specially with that monster skills you got (congratz on that btw)
again, sorry for being ignorant for not being a high level... just asking
Robin Shoot
Player

Elysium
Level 251
Ranger
31st August 2021 17:42:01

@Delita Heiral
Ah, I see where you are coming from now. In the regard of: mana cost quite some money and then you have free money it's good. 10 points in mana steal means that you are at least level 190 (mage) of 290 (ranger). At that level the mana pots are by estimate less than 5% of your income. By going for mana steal you do lose out on other talents which have a bigger income potential besides giving experiece as well in some cases.

Great talents that compete with it directly (same tier):
- get 10% less damage (more chance on survival, less heal spam, thus more damage spells)
- 10% crit (would be + ~5% damage with crit set)

Indirect competitors
- +20% healing
- +40% potion duration
- 500 hp
- +3 weapon boost (+8,9% damage on auto attacks in my specific case)

If money was an issue the +40% pot duration from brewing can be bigger at high level. Luck, expertise, experience, anti-paralyze are quite expensive pots. I'm always running magic defense, life steal, expertise, sometimes defense and anti paralyze and in team hunts luck.

In pvp aspect I can see mana steal being good for mages though with 67 mana/second which could be translated to damage reduction. Although they do heal for 1k+ meaning it's less than 7% assuming the heal is fully utilized.
Revenge Clown
Player

Pharos
Level 631
Warrior
31st August 2021 18:50:11

Quoting Delita Heiral:
@Revenge Clown
I been testing Paladin and Barbarian (since I can change on TS) and dude.. you're going to tell me that the dmg buffs is NOTHING to Barbarians? specially with that monster skills you got (congratz on that btw)
again, sorry for being ignorant for not being a high level... just asking

I generally cannot tank anything. I'm not being sarcastic, maybe I sound kind of heated or bias but I honestly cannot tank. Skills don't seem to play any role.

Paladins already have slow with holy sword and now chance to stun with shield slam?...Can you see why I'm kind of distraught with this whole scenario? Barbarians have nothing to this extent. Following around an enemy in PvP is already hard enough. (Blind Rush is once every 30 seconds).

I'm like a glass cannon adc in league of legends. And the thing is...I can't even do damage from afar. So what's the deal? I'm too weak to stand near 2+ monsters with 183 skills and the most prolific god set there is.

If this character was a Paladin, I honestly believe I'd be close to immortal, even during a lag spike.
Robin Shoot
Player

Elysium
Level 251
Ranger
31st August 2021 19:32:38

@Revenge clown
Doesn't using a shield help either? Used to do dungeons with a barb who would switch to shield and one hander at the most dangerous spot so he could tank all.
Damage will be less than without your two hander yes, but you can save that one for other situations. I got no experience as warrior myself though.
Robin Shoot
Player

Elysium
Level 251
Ranger
31st August 2021 20:01:31

@GM Shadow

Login message shows mobs with multiple buffs active multiple times. a (2/3) behind them would be more clear then.

[21:57:13] Active Bestiary Events: Baphomet, Orc Warrior, Ruffian, Ruffian, Ruffian, Jesse James, Scorpion, Scorpion, Scorpion, Black Cat, Orc, Orc, Orc, Confused Goblin, Confused Goblin, Confused Goblin, Dwarf, Dwarf, Dwarf, Melket, Melket, Melket, Orknie,Orknie, Orknie, Warthog, Warthog, Warthog, Bee, Bee, Bee, Beetle, Beetle, Goblin, Goblin, Goblin, Beetle, Arctic Wolf, Arctic Wolf, Bandit, Bandit, Baby Penguin, Baby Penguin, Baby Penguin, Bandit, Arctic Wolf, Wolf, Wolf, Wolf, Royal Shepherd, Dark Ranger,Cutebug, Snake, Thief, Black Spider, Crab, Pill Bug, Cave Crab, Bug, Spider, Spiderling, Chicken, Dog, Rat, Creep, Swarm, Ladybug
1 2 3 4 5
Last »