1 2 3
Last »
This thread has been locked by a moderator.
Show staff replies in this thread
3rd April 2023 14:30:55 CM Mercury View post »
Administration
Staff

1st April 2023 13:26:45

The Zezenia Online Spring Update has been released! As always, your client will download the update automatically, and you can download Zezenia again at any time. Steam users may need to restart the application to receive the update.

Here's what's new:

Dynamic Equipment

Zezenia Online Forum Screenshot

Dynamic Equipment brings an entirely new dimension of possibilities to dropped loot! Equipment is assigned a Rarity Tier of Ordinary, Epic or Legendary. The secondary stats of the item are then randomly rolled according to its rarity and equipment grade.

The base Attack & Defense values of all items remain static, while all other attributes are randomly assigned. The tier of the item determines how many attributes are added: two for Ordinary, three for Epic & four for Legendary. The type of the item determines the allowed attributes.

In addition, Legendary & Epic items add a Bonus Modifier to the Attack & Defense values, giving the rarest equipment a slight edge in battle. Newly added Bonus Stats bring either one or two of Healing Boost %, Experience Boost %, Stamina Boost %, Loot Boost % or Gold Boost % to each item.

Rangers receive a new Areal Attack on their high end bows. Areal Attack adds a chance to land an explosive Area of Effect projectile on and around the target (damaging monsters only). Also added is a new random Mana Steal % attribute for mana regeneration.

Dynamic attributes apply to most equipment items in the game, with the exception of quivers, stackables/throwables, bags and a few quests such as the old enchanting tasks. Dynamic items are tradeable to other players, shops and on the market as usual.

Old items in circulation on Elysium & Pharos are automatically classified to the highest tier possible, as their legacy stats are on the high end of the Dynamic Equipment scale. You may choose to exchange and enchant their legacy attributes for a fully random set of dynamic stats or keep them as is.

Balancing dynamic items with legacy stats on old servers is difficult. For this reason we have introduced a 35% Magic Resistance cap for resistance gained from equipment.

Equipment Enchanting

Take your rare quest & boss equipment to the next level with Enchanting! Items can be enchanted using rare Zezenium ores for a chance to randomly upgrade the tier or stats of the item.

If you don't like the resulting stats, you may choose to keep your item as is. However, the ores will be consumed either way. Enchanting is available for rare equipment dropped from quests, dungeons and bosses, such as the noble Zezenian set. The facilities for Enchanting can be found in the Ellarian Poor Quarters.

Daily Boss Dungeon

The King's Royal Knights have managed to capture Bollahar's latest abomination in the Ellaria Poor Quarters Prison. Known as Mighty Balmor, Bollahar's dark magic remains strong in the crazed creature. Imprisoned, he continues to reappear and refine Zezenium from the prison's materials.

It's up to brave adventurers to enter the daily mini-dungeon, face Balmor and collect their ores as a reward. The dungeon is available every 22 hours. This is the only known way to acquire the ores required for Enchanting.

One to five players may enter the boss dungeon at a time. The difficulty of the boss scales up with the level of players. The minimum level to enter is 100.

New Training System

Repetitive training tasks have been replaced with the new Training Bar allowing players to hunt a wider variety of monsters. The Training Bar fills to 100% over 6 hours of active hunting. In addition, 12 hours of idle time will regenerate up to 50% of the bar. The most active hunters are rewarded with the greatest amount of training per day.

Step into the new Ellarian or Eidos Training Grounds to consume your charged training bar. Hitting Training Dolls over 12 (free)/8 (Premium) hours will drain 100% of training into the player's primary skills (melee/distance/magic level & defense). Players can log out to continue training offline automatically. One full training session rewards players 75000 skill points.

Unlike past training tasks using the new training bar does not exhaust players from gaining skills in active combat. The more you play, the faster your skills will always level up!

Osvald & Thorvald tasks for experience and gold rewards remain available. However, we intend to revisit this system in the future and would like to ask: what would you like to see from tasks?

New 4000 Challenge Point Weapon

The Demonslayer has been added to Thorvald's Challenge Point rewards! This mighty two-handed axe features a 35.7 attack and 21.2 defense value. The minimum level to wield it is 300.

Server Upgrades

Zezenia Online has recently migrated to a new server platform with automatically optimized routing through a data center nearest to your location. For this reason the Game Proxy feature is currently disabled, as it should be unnecessary. We also recommend that you try turning off any VPN while playing.

We will continue to monitor the latency of the game and make changes to our infrastructure as needed. Please share your experience with latency & lag in this thread.

Full Changelog

- Added the Dynamic Equipment & Enchanting system.
- Added Healing Boost, Areal Arrow, Mana Steal, Experience Boost, Stamina Boost & Gold Loot Boost stats to equipment.
- Added the Daily Boss dungeon near Ellaria's poor quarters.
- Added the Training Bar system with Training Grounds in Ellaria & Eidos.
- Capped the maximum Magic Resistance % gained from equipment to 35%.
- Removed log messages for pet healing.
- Removed loot drop messages when a pet with autoloot is enabled.
- Improvements to Lag Protection algorithm.
- Improvements to Soul Harvester, Templar, Lince Ghost Den, Lizard, Dragon, Orknie spawns.
- Fixed an issue logging in when timed out inside a dungeon.

Sincerely,
Zezenia Staff
Waldemaro
Player

Elysium
Level 601
Warrior
1st April 2023 14:22:07

Hello

Im play in Holland

I still can't walk.
So i go back to vpn express proxy.
i'm disappointed that i will still have to pay vpn and lose my potions every time i get kicked out of the game.
I already reported this bug with disappearing life steal potions, lucy potions. Fix it after all, the server kicks me out a lot and I lose a lot of potions.
Bjorn Barbaro
Player

Elysium
Level 99
Warrior
1st April 2023 14:55:29

I'm sad that I can't do anything else, I can't hunt, I can't train, where will this lead?
Gudalik
Player

Pharos
Level 118
Mage
1st April 2023 16:34:33

What a stupdi update xD
Delita Heiral
Player

Elysium
Level 101
Warrior
1st April 2023 17:29:14

Why is it stupid? Please elaborate
Sanoman
Player

Elysium
Level 938
Mage
1st April 2023 18:04:11

Congratulations on the axe, it was beautiful but what's the use of giving enchanted items to your players and they get super strong, and keep hunting the same things, think about it.
Codigo Zero
Player

Pharos
Level 435
Mage
1st April 2023 18:26:47

I completely agree, I have been playing for more than a week now because I can't play well because they removed the proxies, that helps a lot for North Americans, Poles, etc. And we South Americans are harmed. I can't get out of the dp without getting lag. You have to give priority to that, please.

Administration
gm shadow
cm mercury
Aquaplay
Player

Elysium
Level 106
Warrior
1st April 2023 19:12:28

congratulations for the update... it is great! the axe is perfect, congratulations to the person who made it! i hope some new daily bosses are in the plans, and new monsters/hunts too... and improvements in the already existing hunts... great job and keep bringing updates for us!
is the season server near now? any date?
Kylock
Player

Elysium
Level 540
Mage
1st April 2023 19:29:12 (Last edited 2nd April 2023 14:27:34)

Other daily bosses would be nice, ones for level 100+, 300+, 500+.
300+ gives 2 ores, 500+ gives 3 ores. <3
Nice update overall though =)
Silencerxz
Player

Elysium
Level 303
Ranger
1st April 2023 20:55:11

Very good update !
Zezenia is going in good direction, first subclass change, now this... still some things should be changed ( for example ennobled 2% m res ring aswell as +3 rings are now worthless - they should be enchantable).
1 2 3
Last »