1 2 3
Last »
Necromanncer
Premium

Elysium
Level 255
Mage
13th April 2023 19:32:27

Please bring back the old paladin's desolation skill, the paladin is being forgotten, you only see the barbarian in the game >:(
Captain Fuzzy Piddle
Player

Zera
Level 209
Mage
13th April 2023 19:42:56

ooooooooooooooffffffffffffffffffffff
Gremar
Player

Elysium
Level 10
Ranger
13th April 2023 20:58:35

-1 :smartass::smartass::smartass::smartass::smartass:
Necromanncer
Premium

Elysium
Level 255
Mage
13th April 2023 21:11:16

easier to delete paladin, and general keep turning barbarian;)
Askja
Premium

Elysium
Level 718
Warrior
14th April 2023 13:08:00

Yeah, believe it or not, agree or not, but paladin class is currently disappearing at high levels.

It's not an opinion, it's just a fact. Looking at levels list (for Elysium, I know nothing about Pharos), I can count so far 6 or 7 old paladins above 250 which turned barbarians, and instantlty began to make far more exp than before.

And of course I didn't catched any conversion from barbarian to paladin :)

Why ? It's completely obvious than barbarian spells are way over paladin spells. I wrote it already elsewhere but as usual nobody reacted. So once again : Rage is now just a better version of Cleave, and Shockwave is massively AoE 4s cooldown whereas that poor Shield Slam is one hit 6s cooldown with less damage : the difference between spells is ridiculously unbalanced.

Now, with last update, barbarians will get huge protections too, and still more life steal giving huge effect according to their damage.

If nothing is done to raise paladin damage, that class will disappear. Simple like that.

And, to be clear, I'm not whining nor claiming anything : I'm just looking at facts, and I'm stupid enough to stay paladin even like that :D
Gremar
Player

Elysium
Level 10
Ranger
14th April 2023 13:18:37

Quoting Askja:
Yeah, believe it or not, agree or not, but paladin class is currently disappearing at high levels.

It's not an opinion, it's just a fact. Looking at levels list (for Elysium, I know nothing about Pharos), I can count so far 6 or 7 old paladins above 250 which turned barbarians, and instantlty began to make far more exp than before.

And of course I didn't catched any conversion from barbarian to paladin :)

Why ? It's completely obvious than barbarian spells are way over paladin spells. I wrote it already elsewhere but as usual nobody reacted. So once again : Rage is now just a better version of Cleave, and Shockwave is massively AoE 4s cooldown whereas that poor Shield Slam is one hit 6s cooldown with less damage : the difference between spells is ridiculously unbalanced.

Now, with last update, barbarians will get huge protections too, and still more life steal giving huge effect according to their damage.

If nothing is done to raise paladin damage, that class will disappear. Simple like that.

And, to be clear, I'm not whining nor claiming anything : I'm just looking at facts, and I'm stupid enough to stay paladin even like that :D

maybe one class is made to tank and benefit in group

and the other is made to dmg and hunt alone

Don't forget that paladins also got more dmg now, don't forget that now there are paladins hunting only with cleave + sweep without needing to heal themselves... (with 5 volcanic golem xD)
nerf 15% of cleave practically does not exist anymore with the updates and yes, paladin is made to tank and play in group. unfortunately the game still does not benefit so much a group hunt, still does not have a bonus of subclasses in the party
Tokan Sado
Premium

Pharos
Level 1005
Warrior
14th April 2023 13:48:13

During a conversation with a friend, we both agreed that Paladins are currently fulfilling their intended role as tanks. There is a clear power difference between Barbarians and Paladins, and this is acceptable. What we really need at this point are hunts that require a massive, impenetrable wall, and that reward teamwork.

However, I do find it nonsensical that my primary strategy as a Paladin is to block eight monsters while mages take them down, and my damage spells don't hit the full box of monsters. Meanwhile, most Barbarians still prefer to hunt with their backs to the wall, and their spells are able to hit the entire box.
Askja
Premium

Elysium
Level 718
Warrior
15th April 2023 18:01:49

I just looked at "top levels" list of Zera : 45 choosen vocations, .... 4 paladins.

People there know what they are doing.
Crusader Wix
Player

Elysium
Level 299
Warrior
15th April 2023 18:08:47

After the new patch with the dynamic equipment, I have to agree that mostly all classes are battle tanks now with damage classes keeping themselves alive with lifesteal and with extra healing from items. They can still do extra amounts of damage, as well, thanks to them not having to heal between spells from lifesteal. The additional crit., magic level, distance level etc. on items gives them this extra damage and has sky rocketed exp/hr for these players. I am not saying that this is a bad thing in general, but it is bad for the team base tank that is suppose to go and block the monsters. More or less I have a paladin in the 200s that I use to block for my teammates. Now I just run into them for a second or two then have to run or just run the entire time just to get experience and for reference my teammates are below me in level currently. Their solo exp is just as high as team exp. The solo exp for my paladin's level is probably at the bottom right now and I do hunt the great exp. places for my level. For a certified tank, that should be effectively blocking for their teammates or solo leveling, they should have an all around AOE. Cleave could be equivalent to shockwave, and blind rush could be equivalent to shield slam. I believe there should be an equivalent to rage of fury for a paladin. I am not saying the same damage but something that goes all the way around the paladin besides sweeping. I believe a good spell to rework would be holy sword. It is only used in very specific situations if any at all. The cooldown on the spell is not very good for hunting either. It could be renamed holy strike and still retain a magic level 14 requirement. The other details can be worked out by the staff like the cool down and damage of it if they like the idea of it. I believe there should be new monsters for higher levels and a new area to explore for them which will need a strong team to do so because I do not wish to have to hunt solo for hundreds of levels.
Necromanncer
Premium

Elysium
Level 255
Mage
15th April 2023 19:55:16

Quoting Askja:
I just looked at "top levels" list of Zera : 45 choosen vocations, .... 4 paladins.

People there know what they are doing.

Why create a paladin if a barbarian does everything and a little more, isn't it true :D
1 2 3
Last »