1 2 3 4
Paladin Dark
Player

Elysium
Level 34
Warrior
16th April 2023 19:44:21

Quoting Waldemaro:
The barbarian is an offensive fighter and the paladin is a defensive fighter and it is known that one has huge damage and the other has huge resistances. Paladin has 8% damage reduction, more healing is a teamhunt character. Askja if you don't have a party you shouldn't play paladin you always have a choice you can change subclass or completely change character if you can't handle paladin.

I must correct something between the paladin vs barbarian, they 2 do not take much difference in damage, the difference is that the paladin is considered a tank, it is not because his fighting style is defensive, he is considered a tank because he wears almost unbreakable full body armor That's why nothing and the barbarian is considered offensive because of his fighting style, which is wild and is more fragile because his armor is simply made of leather, which is easy to pierce with a sword.
that is the only thing that differentiates it from that 2 subclass and other things but it would be too long
Waldemaro
Premium

Elysium
Level 601
Warrior
16th April 2023 20:19:20

It's not about the paladin, it's about the game. the game has too little respawn and too little party bonus. the game is exp with one person, each additional person reduces exp per hour. the experience bonus of the third and every next person in the party should increase tibia also had the same problem and solved it now it's time for Zezenia

About damage reduction, I don't see how you obtain the 8% number. It's not even true for auto-attack, and it is far from true for spells. Could you explain it ? This is the core of the question.

Fortification becomes stronger with your lvl 8 % is a max
Askja
Premium

Elysium
Level 718
Warrior
16th April 2023 20:34:09

Quoting Waldemaro:
About damage reduction, I don't see how you obtain the 8% number. It's not even true for auto-attack, and it is far from true for spells. Could you explain it ? This is the core of the question.

Ok my bad, I simply misunderstood you. I thought you were saying "paladin damage is 8% lower" and that's why I answered it is not true at all.
Tokan Sado
Premium

Pharos
Level 1005
Warrior
17th April 2023 01:44:50

The barbarian class is ideal for players who enjoy hunting solo, as they deal almost the same amount of damage as a shooter and can withstand more damage than a shooter. While they require more levels than a paladin to tank something, they are able to kill faster than anyone once they are able to tank. This makes them great for players who enjoy hunting bosses and making decent experience solo. However, the downside is that barbarians from level 200 to 400 can only hunt Orknie Archmages, Dracolichs, and maybe Magus, so players are stuck for a while in particular if they do not have decent gear. Barbarians start to shine after level 450-500.

As for paladins, they are meant to play in a party and have a better early game. However, after level 500, there are hardly any respawns that require a tank. Nevertheless, players can be creative and hunt Mighty Bears, Ice Throwers, and other challenging hunts. The current issue is that my party is made of players level 600-800 and these spawns are no longer a challenge and sometimes cannot even hold us.

From my perspective, I'm mostly working on my set now, now I have a plus 26 melee skill and 44% crit, which has massively increased my damage output. With these enhancements, i am are dealing almost the same amount of damage as a barbarian did before this patch, and can now even do decent experience hunting solo. Additionally, I feel like a tank now, with 45% MR, 45% PR, 12% dodge, 30% healing, and 14k HP. Before the enchanting, there wasn't a significant difference between a high level barbarian and a high level paladin, with only 400-500 extra healing and 1.5k HP. However, now players can stack up resistance and healing, and paladins have an extra item slot, as barbarians do not hunt with shields. My shield is giving me 5 melee/defense skills plus a healing bonus, something that barbarians do not have.

In summary, the classes are balanced now. However, we could use some better quality of life stuff, such as a taunt, less cooldown on Holy Sword, and Cleave hitting a full box, as we are meant to block as many monsters as possible, It makes no sense that we cannot hit them all. Other than that, players just have to explore their class.

- Tokan.
Tokan Sado
Premium

Pharos
Level 1005
Warrior
17th April 2023 01:55:07

Quoting Waldemaro:
It's not about the paladin, it's about the game. the game has too little respawn and too little party bonus. the game is exp with one person, each additional person reduces exp per hour. the experience bonus of the third and every next person in the party should increase tibia also had the same problem and solved it now it's time for Zezenia

Is this affected by magic level? im currently at ml 19 and my fortication is 7% not 8%
Silencerxz
Player

Elysium
Level 303
Ranger
17th April 2023 02:46:43

For sure it must be the magic level 20 if its still 7% at your lvl
Necromanncer
Premium

Elysium
Level 255
Mage
17th April 2023 04:20:15

barbaro has high damage, high defense and uses shield when needed, (shield) should only be used for paladins.
Paladins should have their own items with high defense to differentiate barbarians from paladins, because what you see today in zezenia is that barbarians do everything, they do more damage than paladins and tank practically like paladins, I like paladins, I just want a fair balance!
Madok
Player

Elysium
Level 15
Warrior
17th April 2023 07:12:51 (Last edited 17th April 2023 07:40:17)

This is my proposal for paladins:

https://www.playzezenia.com/forum/thread/19923

It was based on the goal of a paladin which is to block as many monsters as possible.

Obviously a paladin shouldn't quickly kill monsters. A damage reflection system can play the role of helping in defense and contributing a little to damage, considering that currently in solo hunts a paladin has no advantage in blocking 8 monsters because his main attack spell only hits 5.

Yes, a player can turn himself south or north to damage the other 3 monsters when surrounded by 8 monsters but that's occasionally and it isn't worth in common circumstances to raise the exp/h.

I agree that at least the best shields should be restricted to paladins (knight shield onwards, I mean all shields looted from bosses).

Thus, a barbarian who will have opted for his subclass shouldn't be able to benefit from a shield especially with high defense to be the main tanky of a party or even to save himself in a critical situation, because even losing the attack of the two-handed weapon, when it's swapped for a shield and one-handed weapon, this possibility is very useful but it changes the role of the barbarians in the game.

I don't know about bringing back desolation spell (of course, taking cleave as reference and reducing the damage per sqm between 30% or 40% to balance it). It may be valid to read opinions from high level paladins.

However, something could be done to paladins because the new enchanting system turned all subclasses much more tanky.
Askja
Premium

Elysium
Level 718
Warrior
17th April 2023 17:25:11

Quoting Madok:
I don't know about bringing back desolation spell (of course, taking cleave as reference and reducing the damage per sqm between 30% or 40% to balance it). It may be valid to read opinions from high level paladins.

In my opinion, it would be a very bad idea, one more terrible nerf ... Indeed, to get the same exp as before, a paladin would then *be obliged* to tank 8. It's not at all the idea, which is *to permit to hit 8* in the hope of a better gameplay.

Remember that before being the beast Tokan is describing us, a player has to grow up patiently, and during this growing phase there are many fights against only 2 or 3 mobs, because you are not strong enough to tank more (as a matter of example, I would be curious to know from which level a paladin is able to tank 8 unholy dreadlords), or because luring 8 mobs is too much work (eg, colossal golems), or yet another case, because the mob is a boss :D

Well, don't touch cleave anymore, as it is the only good all rounder spell a paladin has in his toolbox.

We could then just add a new 3x3 strike centered on player, with damage per tile somewhere between Sweeping Strike and Cleave.

But it's a very simplist idea, and probably too much added power ?

Here is another suggestion, which doesn't seem to me a crazy power addition : make Shield Slam semi-AoE, with same cooldown, same damage as current one on the aimed mob, with added 40-50% damage on all 3x3 adjacent tiles (I insist to be sure to be clear : 3x3 square centered on aimed mob), like would do the propagation of a shock wave. Sure, you wouldn't hit the 8-box (not too simplist idea :P), and most of time you would only hit 5, but with a good rotation/choice of aimed mob, it still would help a lot in killing box.
Madok
Player

Elysium
Level 15
Warrior
17th April 2023 19:31:45 (Last edited 17th April 2023 19:39:32)

I think shield slam can be changed to hit on 3 sqm ahead the paladin.

Cooldown can be raised to 12s, keeping same damage per sqm (3 sqm) but adding something new, once the spell has been cast, the 1 up to 3 targets that were hit will receive 3x additional DoT in next 3 turns of 75%, 50% and 25% of the spell's main damage. The additional 3x DOT only working in pve because shield slam has another effect in pvp when its special talent is activated (stun chance).

About holy sword, this spell could acquire a second effect besides damage maybe reducing target's physical defense for 10s - half time of cooldown which is 20s - affecting only monsters and bosses based on player's magic level. Magic level 15 reduces 15%, magic level 20 reducing 20%. Whereas only autoattacks will hit more, clearly to be used mainly against bosses.
1 2 3 4