14th November 2023 19:14:37 CM Mercury View post »
17th November 2023 15:27:50 CM Mercury View post »
17th November 2023 17:29:21 CM Mercury View post »
Perma Dead
Premium

Zera
Level 200
Mage
17th November 2023 20:23:34 (Last edited 17th November 2023 20:24:42)

Like has been said plenty of times, US is the best option for everyone.
The only way to make it better for BRs is to move it closer to them which in turn would make it drastically worse for everyone else.
If you check Curryasdf who is currently streaming he has 151 MS too and he lives in the EU, I'm from the UK and I have average 118 with spikes to 136.

With a server which everyone from all around the world plays there is ZERO way for everyone to have "fair" ping, but because of the location and the infrastructure the US has that is by far the best for everyone, ofc I would like a EU server so I could get 30 ping.
Thoma Noteokool
Premium

Elysium
Level 161
Mage
17th November 2023 23:53:51 (Last edited 18th November 2023 00:26:08)

Quoting Ragnarok Black:
Quoting Thoma Noteokool:
Quoting CM Mercury:
Hi,

I'm just going to ignore the 4 pages of messages for now. A 150 ping is quite normal as I stated, that is from the European perspective. The server is hosted in NA, which means European players have the furthest distance to the server in general.

The distance is what causes ping, it has nothing to do with the upload or download speed. Also the general your cities infrastructure has a whole lot to do with your ping. If you're playing with a connection using old copper wires that are long, it will take a longer time for the data to transfer. This is something we can not improve.

A 50ms(one 20th of a second) ping difference should not be a game changer in either PVP nor PVE. If you are having a higher ping, please try the provided proxies that are built in the game client.

Best regards
-Mercury

I disagree with your statement about 'A 50ms(one 20th of a second) ping difference should not be a game changer in either PVP nor PVE.' when a player reaches a high level. At higher levels, character speed becomes crucial, and even a small difference like 10ms or 20ms can make a considerable impact. I suggest conducting a test between yourself and a player with a 20 to 50ms difference, particularly using high-level characters.

Additionally, running with arrow keys or ASDW keys provides more control over the character compared to clicking on the map, which introduces a certain delay when the character collides with objects on the map and has a small delay before resuming movement to the point clicked on the map.

A specific example illustrating this difference is a YouTube video featuring the player Godlike, level 800 or close to it at the time, who can't even shake off attackers. In the video, only one player attacking him is level 600+, while all the others are level 600-. It becomes clear when watching the video that he struggles to escape from the players, but his speed is limited by the ping.

3:20

It is obvious that they look fast because of the editing of the video that makes the character move faster. Anyone in their five senses understands that or do you want it explained to you with Apple?
I don't think that in Venezuela we have better internet than Brazil since I go to 110ms and max 150ms and when I enter the cave it goes up to 200ms max 250ms because my PC is already old and is already asking for rest

Can't you understand with words? Do I need to draw it for you to get it? Even if the video is sped up, look at the level difference, read it again, it's not that hard, right? Or do you think it's normal for a level 800 not to be able to escape from several players at level 450, 500, 550? If the current video is too fast for you, put it at 0.75x, which will be closest to the original speed of the video.

Basic geography question: The distance from Venezuela to the USA is shorter than the distance from Brazil to the USA. Another factor is the internet. The few Venezuelans I know with fiber optic internet had easily below 120 ping. Maybe if those with fiber optic internet used a paid proxy like ExitLag or NoPing, I believe they would easily have a considerably better ping than Brazilians and players from EU/UK. If your ping fluctuates so much when you go hunting, you've already given the answer—your wood-powered computer is screaming for help
Shadowzin
Premium

Pharos
Level 905
Mage
18th November 2023 01:30:17

Quoting Thoma Noteokool:
Quoting Ragnarok Black:
Quoting Thoma Noteokool:
Quoting CM Mercury:
Hi,

I'm just going to ignore the 4 pages of messages for now. A 150 ping is quite normal as I stated, that is from the European perspective. The server is hosted in NA, which means European players have the furthest distance to the server in general.

The distance is what causes ping, it has nothing to do with the upload or download speed. Also the general your cities infrastructure has a whole lot to do with your ping. If you're playing with a connection using old copper wires that are long, it will take a longer time for the data to transfer. This is something we can not improve.

A 50ms(one 20th of a second) ping difference should not be a game changer in either PVP nor PVE. If you are having a higher ping, please try the provided proxies that are built in the game client.

Best regards
-Mercury

I disagree with your statement about 'A 50ms(one 20th of a second) ping difference should not be a game changer in either PVP nor PVE.' when a player reaches a high level. At higher levels, character speed becomes crucial, and even a small difference like 10ms or 20ms can make a considerable impact. I suggest conducting a test between yourself and a player with a 20 to 50ms difference, particularly using high-level characters.

Additionally, running with arrow keys or ASDW keys provides more control over the character compared to clicking on the map, which introduces a certain delay when the character collides with objects on the map and has a small delay before resuming movement to the point clicked on the map.

A specific example illustrating this difference is a YouTube video featuring the player Godlike, level 800 or close to it at the time, who can't even shake off attackers. In the video, only one player attacking him is level 600+, while all the others are level 600-. It becomes clear when watching the video that he struggles to escape from the players, but his speed is limited by the ping.

It is obvious that they look fast because of the editing of the video that makes the character move faster. Anyone in their five senses understands that or do you want it explained to you with Apple?
I don't think that in Venezuela we have better internet than Brazil since I go to 110ms and max 150ms and when I enter the cave it goes up to 200ms max 250ms because my PC is already old and is already asking for rest

Can't you understand with words? Do I need to draw it for you to get it? Even if the video is sped up, look at the level difference, read it again, it's not that hard, right? Or do you think it's normal for a level 800 not to be able to escape from several players at level 450, 500, 550? If the current video is too fast for you, put it at 0.75x, which will be closest to the original speed of the video.

Basic geography question: The distance from Venezuela to the USA is shorter than the distance from Brazil to the USA. Another factor is the internet. The few Venezuelans I know with fiber optic internet had easily below 120 ping. Maybe if those with fiber optic internet used a paid proxy like ExitLag or NoPing, I believe they would easily have a considerably better ping than Brazilians and players from EU/UK. If your ping fluctuates so much when you go hunting, you've already given the answer—your wood-powered computer is screaming for help

Did anyone understand the post, Congratulations.

I only see Europeans saying the same thing. If it's good for them, it's great; they don't care about the rest.
Ragnarok Black
Player

Pharos
Level 99
Ranger
18th November 2023 01:52:30

Quoting Thoma Noteokool:
Quoting Ragnarok Black:
Quoting Thoma Noteokool:
Quoting CM Mercury:
Hi,

Best regards
-Mercury

So I'm a pro with my 3g bam because with my ranger kiyan lvl 85 I killed lvl 150 players from all nations with a ping over 300 and I could easily escape, Godlike is a noob and can't escape and that's his problem.
Perma Dead
Premium

Zera
Level 200
Mage
18th November 2023 02:23:28

Quoting Shadowzin:
Quoting Thoma Noteokool:
Quoting Ragnarok Black:
Quoting Thoma Noteokool:
Quoting CM Mercury:
Hi,

Best regards
-Mercury

I only see Europeans saying the same thing. If it's good for them, it's great; they don't care about the rest.

You mean the europeans who are on the same ping as you? :D:D:D
We get it you're losing fights constantly even with the many advantages you have, just say you want more advantages.
Shadowzin
Premium

Pharos
Level 905
Mage
18th November 2023 04:53:42

Quoting Perma Dead:
Quoting Shadowzin:
Quoting Thoma Noteokool:
Quoting Ragnarok Black:
Quoting Thoma Noteokool:
Quoting CM Mercury:
Hi,

Best regards
-Mercury

You mean the europeans who are on the same ping as you? :D:D:D
We get it you're losing fights constantly even with the many advantages you have, just say you want more advantages.

That's why they dominate Pharos, but that's not the issue

I don't know why I still waste my time with you. You're only here to show off
Natural Stormrage
Premium

Pharos
Level 297
Mage
18th November 2023 14:30:21

Quoting Shadowzin:

I want you to explain to me why no Brazilian can run as fast as them?

I await your response
CM Mercury

Ask your friend The Bruxo.

He also runs 2x faster than me :)

I also have terrible ping.

And i hate that the ping sucks :)
Shadowzin
Premium

Pharos
Level 905
Mage
18th November 2023 16:37:29

Quoting Natural Stormrage:
Quoting Shadowzin:

I await your response
CM Mercury

He doesn't live in Brazil... hahahahahaha.
Natural Stormrage
Premium

Pharos
Level 297
Mage
18th November 2023 16:45:38

Quoting Shadowzin:
Quoting Natural Stormrage:
Quoting Shadowzin:

I await your response
CM Mercury

He doesn't live in Brazil... hahahahahaha.

Ok so just move kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Ragnarok Black
Player

Pharos
Level 99
Ranger
18th November 2023 16:55:40

You are the only Brazilians who have bad internet in Brazil since I have Brazilian friends who play other games with me that do not have service for America, only Asia and Europe and they run the game well
So it's time to buy a better service from the internet company you use or change a company that offers a better service
« First
5 6 7 8