Published: Sunday, October 28, 2018
Zezenia Online 7.0 is here!
This update contains a huge bunch of new content, class balancing, small tweaks and fixes. And of course, it precludes the opening of our new server. Read on for all the details!
As always, you must update your client. The game should automatically patch when connecting, or you can reinstall from the download page
Steam users: please install the update from the site temporarily. We hope to get the update out on Steam as soon as possible.
The new update
The long-awaited update is finally released. You will find a complete changelog below, but here are some of the biggest changes:
First, death recovery has changed: from now on, you will only be able to purchase back 75% of your losses. We have restored the loss of blessing on death, and reduced the number of premium cards needed to purchase a blessing from NPC Alexander. When dying in the hands of an enemy in a guild war, you will lose 25% less experience, mana and skills than usual.
The defending skill formula for rangers and mages has been balanced, along with various spell tweaks. New quests, spells and items have been added for you to discover. Bosses have received new abilities to make fights more challenging.
Using premium cards to extend your premium time now yields extra rewards based on your active premium time. With more than 7 or 14 days active premium you will receive an extra 6 or 12 hours from each card. Additionally, using a premium card with more than 20, 40 or 60 active days will reward you with a small Halloween souvenir for a limited time.
This is just a taste of what's in the update. For the full list of changes, read on below!
The new server
The new PvP server Novus
is opening on Wednesday October 31st
, three days from now at 19:00 UTC
. See the time for your location here
You can create a new character in advance from your account page, so that you're ready to start playing right away. We have also lifted the account character limit to make sure that everyone can create a new character.
Don't miss it, and tell your friends! This is a great time to start playing.
The new administration
I'm excited to announce that GM Eden
is joining our team as a Game Master and Community Manager
. He will help us take care of daily business on the servers, but also work with the Zezenia community to make sure your voice is heard.
Zezenia wouldn't exist without the players, and we hope to entertain you for years to come, steering where you want to go. This update is the first step towards a fresh start, and we can't wait to see where it takes us.
The full changelog
- added new spells and abilities for bosses: each boss will be able to use new attacks (for example: very dangerous shock waves; limited by time, increase of spell power) or abilities (for example: blocking player's abilities to use mana potions, health potions, healing spells for a certain amount of time)
- added an unspecified number of rings and amulets
- added an unspecified number of quests
- additional melee skills added to best shields
- additional distance skills added to best quivers
- added a new monster: Geck'Zard
- added the casino Lucky Cactus: for more details ask NPC Serkan, located above the Ben Qarassih Depot
- added new kind of items - poisonous items, the possession of which in large quantities will disrupt healing spells
- added possibility to destroy barrels with a pile of magical explosion powder
- added new refreshed sprites for the following monsters: giant beetle, beetle, zombie
- added new new ennobled item (ennobled legendary golden ring): for details ask NPC Fredrik
- added display of remaining potions in the inventory bottom bar
- added new low-cooldown spell (Vengeful Trace) to locate players marked with blue or red skull
- added new spell (Magical Conversion) which allow caster to convert gold pieces into gold bars
- added new spell (Unexpected Exclusion) for warlocks, which allow them to exclude player marked with blue or red skull from battle zone for 4 seconds
- added loyalty premium bonus, by using premium cards with 7 or 14 days of active premium time player will receive extra 6 or 12 hours of premium time for each used premium card
- added protection zone to NPC Collin's House
- added walking through all players in protection zones (excluding depot)
- defending skill of rangers and mages has been reduced
- power of all offensive spells has been decreased by 15 percentage points (pp). By finishing one of the newly released quests, player will be allowed to increase offensive spells power by 25 percentage points (5 missions each guarantees additional 5 pp)
- changed black skull removal to a fee based on level, time elapsed since last removal and amount of black skull removals
- added more detailed locating system, including more locating NPCs, new prices for locating with NPC - 1000 gold pieces from level 100 (including reggressive formula of locating fee against low level characters used by high level players)
- fixed healing with the "Heal Friend" spell - healing boost talent of the caster is now accounted for
- fixed quest logs of Tavern Tales Quests
- fixed few NPC dialogues
- fixed few minor map bugs
- fixed displaying few bugged spell icons
- fixed mana draining spells used by monsters (for example: Imp, Giant Dionaea, Raging Curse), from now on monsters will begin to drain health once target reaches low mana status
- fixed bug allowing Name Change with white skull (via Premium Shop)
- fixed opportunity to find magic scroll from sarcophagus in the Magic Scrolls Quest
- disabled using ampoules from level 60
- disabled using vials from level 100
- disabled Osvald / Thorvald / Leovald tasks for players marked with black skull
- disabled locating with NPCs for players marked with black skull
- disabled stacking of barrels
- decreased hitpoints of almost all bosses
- changed summons of following monsters: Villumb - up to 4 more agressive snowbeast, Galiantors - up to 4 more agressive mammoths, Wanu - up to 4 Yahgan Barbarians instead of Death, Dark Knight - up to 4 Imps instead of Thugs, Escaped Prisoner - up to 4 fire beings instead of Thugs