1 2 3 4 5
Last »
This thread has been locked by a moderator.
The Warlockk
Player

Elysium
Level 190
Mage
27th November 2018 23:56:18

Quoting Pogmage:
actually zezenia is more balanced than ever.

let pyros do their xp, they cant contribute 100% in war, cant combo in party hunting, have to worry about enemy making invisible traps etc.

rogue have invisibility, locate and anti-locate and party anti locate that are super good in pvp. maye just need a buff in those utility spells, allowing them to hunt more time. if you buff their damage, marks will be again in disvantage.

shaman is bulky but does less damage and less xp/h solo than warlock.

the only class i think MAYBE is in a little disvantage now is paladin. roll back their healing, let them tank the hell cause they are much much less offensive than barbarian

+1 This.

All we need is to make little changes, but the game is already balanced, in my opinion. Most important thing needed is to combat bots.
I gtg to the gym now, I will contribute to this thread later today adding my detailed opinion.
Huligan
Player

Pharos
Level 196
Warrior
28th November 2018 06:17:44

Quoting GM Eden:
Hi Everyone.

By using this thread we'd like to ask you guys for feedback and tips on how we can balance the classes and spells.
- Which classes are inferior towards their counterparts?
- Which subclasses are inferior towards their counterparts?
Etc.

Thank you all.
Eden.

All subclasses are good balance right now, or Rouge need a little boost because of auto-target, but i gave a few ideas about that on Sage forum before i quit as Sage. Not need much changes at all since Rouge really have nice spells, they just need to be reworked some of them.

But obvious we got problems on higher levels, when mages reach 180+ their magic resistens starting to get to high. Right now around level 80~ it pretty balanced between Warriors / Mages / Rangers.

I would say only thing to fix between the Classes is to give Rangers back their old defence or atleast higher it. Otherwise it will be a problem when rangers starting to get distance around 80~ i guess.
Also do so Warriors / Rangers damage are more focused on level, today it to much focus on skill.

So Zezenia-Crew focus should be on fix all broken spells, fix spells that bad now because of diffrent cheat methods, working on lower magic resist formula for higher mages, fix rangers defence and remake meele / distance damage formula based on level.

Exemples below on spells.
Taunt - spell need to have something blocking people to refill mana for 1-2 seconds to prevent botters.
Evasion - spell need to make people unable to attack the person after lost target for few seconds to prevent botters.

Im to tierd to fill up all spells now and also got few other things to this subject, but most important things you can find here atleast.
Baltas
Player

Pharos
Level 362
Mage
28th November 2018 06:50:15 (Last edited 28th November 2018 07:34:23)

First of all, welcome again NEW STAFF!
The fact that you made such a a post is a good sign that this staff is different and more community friendly than the previous one. I was tired of the old one so sometimes kept my analysis to myself and to my teamspeak mates as I got ignored so many times. I Hope this thread stays here for some time and I will be able to post about every vocation and every subclass. But as my best knowledge is on mages, I will start on them.

I used that example in another thread, but once this thread is all about balances I copy it here. We take a mage who have 1000hp (level 161 if no durability talents).

Buffed mages

Warlock could block 1000/0.7= 1428 damage with their full hp (0.7 because buffed warlock receives 70% of the damage as 30% negates)
Pyromancer 1000/0.66= 1515 damage with their full hp (0.66 because buffed pyromancer receives 66% of the damage as 24% negates and 10% goes to mana)
Shaman 1500/0.9=1667 damage (1500 because higher lvl shaman gets 50% extra hp and 0.9 because buffed shaman negates 10% of the damage)

Advantages of warlock in PVP -
Locate and anti locate is useful in pvp worlds.
Combined spells like cage, dispell, raise of pace.
Single target full 4 hit combo.
Spikes is second best trap spell of 3 mages.

Advantage of warlock in PVM - dark gathering helps in solo hunts. Some people consider it a huge deal. I will say it helps, but not a game changer as it saves MAX 1 turn per combo. Compared to shamans and pyro, if they had to sacrfice 1 spell tern combo - it will be flame strike or stalagmite which is around 7% of their damage done per 5 seconds??? And that's only in hunt spots where warlock actually don't have to heal by spell and shaman/pyro have to every combo.

Biggest disadvantage - weakest buff.

Advantages of pyromancer in PVP -
The best and easiest trap spell is firewall. This spell helps to trap and survive the most.
Invisible - still can be useful. But because of the fact, that rogues invisible spell is better, its forgotten as a good spell.
Brimstone cloud - helps to survive.
The strongest damaging class of all mages.
Combined spells raise of pace and mass invis.

Advantages of pyromancer in PVM -
Area damage + strongest spells in game makes them the best solo hunting class in game. Which helps in PVP as well in a long run. Because Pyromancers can rush lvls faster, get more tanky and stronger damage dealers.

Biggest disadvantage. I would say being unable to combo in fights whenever they want. Losing mana with the fire shield doesnt help them, but in my opinion its a smaller disadvantage than the previous one.

Advantages of a shaman in PVP
Strongest buff is both PVP and PVM advantage
Paralyze - easy to aim, good way to kill a guy
Burst of speed - still a good way to catch a target or lose a target. But I would suggest it not to take away their regular haste/raise of pace. Once they lose burst of speed their previous speed buff would remain.
Bravery - I know it was nerfed few times. But its still useful in both PVP and PVM. Zezenia is a game of many hits per second. More hits you get more useful bravery is. If from 1000 damage hit it will take away 50dmg. (aka 5%) so from 10x 100 damage hits it will take away 10x50=500 dmg (aka 50%)
Stone skin - still not sure whats the formula of the length, but still can be useful once it reaches few seconds
Area healing/ friend healing/party healing in PVM and PVP helps to keep friends into the fight.
Last hope - maybe a little harder to use, but still can be useful in pvp.
Nature shield makes Shamans even more tanky

Advantages in PVM
The most tanky of all mages. Bravery, heal friend etc.

Disadvantages of a shaman - doesn't have single target 2 second spell. But if you ask me, Pyromancer 4 second spell is not a distance spell. So it being the biggest argument of shamans as a weakness is a little bit smaller weakness than it seems for me.

To sum up this part I would like to say that every bigger team needs every mage class in their team to have all combined spells and all of their abilities. But I would rate it like this Shaman is the best mage class, pyromancer and warlock is somewhat balanced.
shaman got 3 huge boosts in survivability (from 40% hp increase to 50% hp increase, from strong heal to shamanic heal, from 0% damage reduction to 10% damage reduction). All together in rushed them in front of everyone by a lot. Compared to pyro who got nerfed and warlock wasnt touched. It's unfair.

Suggestion: I would suggest to take away 10% damage reduction from shaman buff. And leave other two classes buffes as they are:
shaman would still have 150% of their original hp
Warlock would still be able to block 142.8% of their original hp
Pyromancer would still be able to block 151.5% of their original hp

Another problem which touches mages the most if the fact that magic reduction items stack with their buffes in a wrong way.

Always before, when there were 2 factors which negated damage it was counting one after another.
Suppose a warrior hits 100 with melee on a monster. And then he goes to warlock who got the same defence as that monster
Warlock is buffed and its pvp damage.
Damage received = 100*0.75*0.7=52.5dmg (0.75 because there is 25% pvp damage reduction and 0.7 because its 30% buff on a warlock) you can see clearly even tho it's 25% and 30% but overall damage went down from 100 to 52.5 which is 47.5%. This happens when one buff goes after another

Another example of magic damage
Suppose there is a mage hitting 1000 on a target with a spell. He goes to warrior/ranger. Suppose these guys have 10% magic resistance eq

damage received = 1000*(1-0.25)*(1-0.1)= 675 (25% pvp dmg reduction and 10% magic resistance).

what happens if mage goes to another mage depends what level and m lvl that target have. As theres a formula of natural magic resistance. Magic resistance = (lvl+m lvl)/950)
Lets say that target was lvl 200warlock m lvl 70

Damage received = 1000*(1-0.25)*(1-270/950)*(1-0.3-0.1)= 322
(0.25 pvp reduction, 270/950 natural magic resistance, 0.3 absorbing aura, 0.1 magic resistance eq).

and how it should be (as I believe it's just a mistake in the formula)
Damage received = 1000*(1-0.25)*(1-270/950)*(1-0.3)*(1-0.1)= 338

You could say it's not a huge difference (322/338= 0.95 aka 5%), but it gets huge once people get more % of magic resistance eq. Let's consider +- full set which is around 25?? (241/282 = 0.85 aka 15% difference)

DMG received with current formula = 1000*(1-0.25)*(1-270/950)*(1-0.3-0.25)= 241
Dmg received with my possible new formula = 282

So all what has to be changed in the formula is that the mage buff and magic resistance eq shouldnt stack. They should work like everything else. First one takes effect, then another. Trust me, it's a huge deal in late game.

If someone noticed a mistake in my post, please just write @Baltas and tell me instead of quiting. It's a hell long post I have made :)
Katsu Matsu
Player

Elysium
Level 90
Warrior
28th November 2018 09:58:01

Im low level so i dont know or i can speak about it all. But the Class "paladin" seems a joke. Barbarian is the damage class and paladin the tank/healer but barbarian heals only a small amount less but have 1000% more damage.. the paladin spell for magic level 11 seems a april fool. Sweeping swipe 35 mana does around 40-50 and only need magic level 5 to unlock. While the destaration spell needs magic level 11. Cost 200 mana and does 80-100 damage.. doesnt make sense to me.. further i think the shaman spell to summon monsters is completely useless. Way to slow to follow you. They all go close range so they die within a second. And like someone mention before. Would be great to be able to change subclasses for a small fee ^^ for the rest i like to say that the new staff doing a great job! Keep up the good work
Winterstorm
Player

Elysium
Level 111
Ranger
28th November 2018 11:03:10 (Last edited 28th November 2018 11:04:04)

Quoting Baltas:

Disadvantages of a shaman - doesn't have single target 2 second spell.

Believe me when I say this ruined my shaman experience.
Anuel Ft
Player

Pharos
Level 613
Mage
28th November 2018 11:27:51

This is how i feel about the mages;

PYROMANCER
- Pyromancer has the most damage, and personally.. they shouldnt be the most tank out of all 3.
The nerf on their buff, its good but has a downside aswell. It costs a shitton to push a pyromancer to its full potential.

SHAMANS
- Shamans, its my favorite class. I was very happy that their buff got changed and received a better heal, although i think its still not enough.
I will explain that situation when i speak about warlock. Shamans also have combined spells, which has been nerfed 3 to 4 times already in the past year or 2? I mean, it helps a little bit, but when i was on a level 50 shaman and a 90 paladin, it legit lasts as long as 2 demonic ent kills (with 7 people shooting in total). Bravery needs a buff i think. Stone skin, its very powerfull, it works perfectly fine. It gets better the higher level you get. The downside on stoneskin, it removes Warlocks buff after stone skin runs out. Last hope, it really depends on the paladin you do it with, to make it work, you have to predict the targets moves to make it work.

WARLOCKS
- Warlocks, theyre very good in all situations. they have full DMG in pvp, and survive the most in singletarget hunting. You have a stable negate buff and dark gathering(10% hp steal (i believe)). Which means, around level 100ish, you already become that tank, to load a full combo, and heal after the combo and it will only grow to a point where you dont even have to heal while hunting.
Thats shamans downside, becaues they get 50% hp, they already need 1 extra heal to get to full HP where a warlock and pyromancer dont have to do that. Right now, im a 100 warlock, with 14% total Hp steal, which makes me able to hunt all monsters below 110 task range monsters, without healing. That means i can PUSH alot better than a shaman.

This is how i look at things, each class is good at something it its own way, but its hard to balance as mages have continious growth.
Frino
Player

Elysium
Level 353
Mage
28th November 2018 11:42:27

For shaman the real problem is exhaust of healing after a offensive spell
Baltas
Player

Pharos
Level 362
Mage
28th November 2018 11:53:16

@Sonnema

Bravery is progressive spell. So once its kinda bad at lvl 50shaman+90 paladin, it will be decent at high lvls. Raise of pace is kinda crap at lvl 50+90 warlock/pyro right? Every progressive spell cant be too good at the start because it would become OP at later stage. New Formula could make it a lil better at start to equalize at some point and to make it worse at super h lvl.
If its 1min and 20dmg reduction at very low lvl, 5mins and 50dmg at mid lvl and 10min and 100dmg reduction at high lvl, it could move to 2mins and 25dmg reduction at very low lvl, 5mins and 50dmg at mid lvl and 8mins and 80dmg reduction at high lvl. If I saw a formula I could easily improve that if staff thinks its needed.

You say its still not enough buff improvement+ better heal. (why?) compare it with the other classes.

Point about stoneskin and you surely shouldn't lose your own buff once stone skin is over. I believe its a bug and Must be changed!!!!!

Thats shamans downside, becaues they get 50% hp, they already need 1 extra heal to get to full HP where a warlock and pyromancer dont have to do that.
You heal more Hp than warlock or pyromancer. So it negates the downside of getting extra hp instead of damage reduction no? how many % of your full (buffed) hp you heal with your shamanic heal
warlock and pyromancer cant heal their full hp with 1 heal.

Right now, im a 100 warlock, with 14% total Hp steal
Warlocks advantage over other classes in life steal is 8.5% (that's dark gathering). Lets be honest. Everything over 8.5% is what every class can get. Shamans also can get life steal eq and life steal potion. The difference is dark gathering spell
Maluska
Player

Pharos
Level 71
Ranger
28th November 2018 12:34:53

Quoting Huligan:
Quoting GM Eden:
Hi Everyone.

By using this thread we'd like to ask you guys for feedback and tips on how we can balance the classes and spells.
- Which classes are inferior towards their counterparts?
- Which subclasses are inferior towards their counterparts?
Etc.

Thank you all.
Eden.

All subclasses are good balance right now, or Rouge need a little boost because of auto-target, but i gave a few ideas about that on Sage forum before i quit as Sage. Not need much changes at all since Rouge really have nice spells, they just need to be reworked some of them.

But obvious we got problems on higher levels, when mages reach 180+ their magic resistens starting to get to high. Right now around level 80~ it pretty balanced between Warriors / Mages / Rangers.

I would say only thing to fix between the Classes is to give Rangers back their old defence or atleast higher it. Otherwise it will be a problem when rangers starting to get distance around 80~ i guess.
Also do so Warriors / Rangers damage are more focused on level, today it to much focus on skill.

So Zezenia-Crew focus should be on fix all broken spells, fix spells that bad now because of diffrent cheat methods, working on lower magic resist formula for higher mages, fix rangers defence and remake meele / distance damage formula based on level.

Exemples below on spells.
Taunt - spell need to have something blocking people to refill mana for 1-2 seconds to prevent botters.
Evasion - spell need to make people unable to attack the person after lost target for few seconds to prevent botters.

Im to tierd to fill up all spells now and also got few other things to this subject, but most important things you can find here atleast.

I think you need to fix rogue evasion but they also need a dmg buff, its time. I know Quillon said they would be buffed to! pls keep ur word!
Cazador De Macacos
Player

Pharos
Level 57
Mage
28th November 2018 12:51:13 (Last edited 28th November 2018 12:56:42)

I thinks Barbarians buff increase damage and paladins increase heal or tank power is what we need right now
Also more damage for rogue and any rework in taunt spells from markmans or any new spell

I know its for spells but i think items are part of balance too.

I thinks also we need new system of items.. What i mean? unique items for X class.. HIgh damage weapon only for barbarians, good shield for paladins etc... and if scrypts of items are the problem , you can make dropeable normals items with x% chance of any bonus same as Great glory legs and some others "great stuff" but just an example..
Heavy Giantic blade 19.5 16.0 + 50% critical chance .only for barbarians double hands item.
Great heavy gigantic blade 20.5 16.0 100% critical chance . this weapon can be break after sometime.
Blessed star shield 0.0 13.8 + 2% magic resist + 2 defensive skills. Only for Paladins-

more diference between NORMALS items , randoms bonus with diferent rarity and prices of course... Would be nice a full mage stuff with life drain % or more attack speed for rangers use in diferents situations... Of course.. no magic resist items for magues.. No criticals for paladins , No defense bonus for barbarians.. I think it can make items more interesting to use than now and it can help in balances ...
1 2 3 4 5
Last »