1 2 3 4 5
Last »
The Warlockk
Player

Elysium
Level 190
Mage
4th December 2018 05:33:10 (Last edited 4th December 2018 05:39:35)

Quoting GM Eden:
1. How do you find the loot rate from monsters?

Overall, I like it. But I believe some monsters should have their loot table buffed, they need to give more gold coins/gold bars/ 1-5k semirare items:

Orknie General, Melket Scout, Dwarf Magician, Boar, Orc Wizard, Evil Swordsman, Bird Eater, Lion, Golem, Composite Bowman, Ice Golem, Snowbeast, Mammoth, Slighterer, Shadow Elf, Swamp Troll.

Also, Raging Curses draining 25 mana points every 3 seconds is horrible, makes it absolutely unviable to kill those monsters. It should be 10 mana every 3 seconds, not 25.

Quoting GM Eden:
2. Do you think it would be possible to sustain yourself without donating?

A player that does not donate cannot compete against a player that donates. Period.

Bohemiian has said he has over 1KK gold in Novus, yes, but he is level 61, only does tasks for money, with very low experience per hour and only using Blood Leech spell,not using full combo on his warlock(mage).

In the other hand, a player that donates will be able to have a big advantage on the speed of level advancement, something that is a crucial advantage in a PvP server, since levels mean power.

What I mean is: Can a player sustain himself without donating? Yes, but with several limitations. In other words: Game has become pay to win.

Like Baltas said, if nobody donates, there will be no Premium Card for sale on the market, and those players that do not donate cash will be completely unabled to play the game, basically. Game is "pay to progress" if there is a stable economy of Premium Cards on the market for a decent price, but as soon as Premium Cards ingame market dies out, the game also dies out, only remaining the players that donate a lot of cash.
Numbz
Player

Pharos
Level 197
Mage
4th December 2018 05:37:42 (Last edited 4th December 2018 06:50:25)

Quoting Ht Savage:
Quoting GM Eden:

It seems very random and high rates, I was not able to profit without doing tasks and even then it was close of losing money (mage point of view)

We were lucky once in a crystal dragon task, looting 4 decent items (2x warbow,2x Ring Of Magic) and even then we didnt profit, and that was a 3 man team.. 2 mages 1 ranger. After the gold rewards we made a profit of like 30k each..

Quoting GM Eden:

No, like I mentioned above, there is no way I can keep myself premium, getting exp boosts, cancel a task every now and then and eventually dungeons with in game gold.

NOTE* This is playing as a mage, and yes I do full combo when I hunt but without my main source of damage I will never be able to make good exp or get magic level. And I dont recall it being this horrible to sustain as a mage when Pharos started.

see guys, this is what i mean by detailed information/Arguments that can lead to an ACTUAL discussion. Dont get me wrong, im not going to agree with everything ht savage is saying just because hes in the same team as me in game but the fact that he explained his point of view clearly makes it easy for me to share my oppinion on his post wich can lead to a CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICIZING OR ARGUMENT.

for example here he says:

**I was not able to profit without doing tasks and even then it was close of losing money (mage point of view)**

This sentence is very specific and well made, hes admiting that without task they couldnt profit in teamhunts, he also specify that its his MAGE POINT OF VIEW because he was spending alot more supplies than the other classes in his group. Thats where i will try to give constructive criticizing by offering him to change how they split loot. Just like in tibia its better to pay everyones waste before spliting the profit so you dont end up with half the people in the teamhunt making good profit while the other half breakeven for exemple. If they splited profit after accounting for everyone specific wastes in teamhunts that would also solve the part where he says

**there is no way I can keep myself premium, getting exp boosts, cancel a task every now and then and eventually dungeons with in game gold.**

atleast on novus where pcards are cheap, keep in mind that most of my statements are assuming cards are cheaper than like 50k wich i believe they should stay at for a long time on a active server (novus has been out for over a month and cards are at 10-12k each and they ARENT going up steadily, they even went back down from 15k ish to 10-12k now after some ... economic bubble?). Also dont get me started on pcard prices because that will just SUPPORT MY IDEA that increasing drop rates is a REALLY BAD IDEA because it will make pcards value skyrocket if everyone starts profiting everywhere

Ofcourse you can bring the arguement that its easier to split equally without accounting for everyone supply usage, yeah thats true and i agree it can be annoying to do those maths but you cant ask the admins to buff the loot tables and creating super inflation because you dont want to put in the effort :P
Baltas
Player

Pharos
Level 362
Mage
4th December 2018 06:01:06

Let me be a bit rude. Why people say "if i dont take gold as task reward, then i barely pay the hunt.... if you don't loot monsters, you cant pay your hunt either.
Tips and tricks: before the hunt, take several bps for gold coins. All you have to do is click loot button and they will drop in your bp (i have 1gp each in like 10bps) so they dont mess my main bp. This way every hunt is extra 10-20k gp. It adds up.
Use elsa as soon as possible for vials and bigger potions.

P.s. i know rangers and warriors cant do as many gold reward tasks. But while having task ready they can do someones else task and split the reward.
P.s.s. gold reward is great from thorvald osvald... till p card price goes up to 200k. Then theres no way it will be worth to cancel ghosts and similar tasks..
Numbz
Player

Pharos
Level 197
Mage
4th December 2018 06:08:37

Quoting Baltas:
Let me be a bit rude. Why people say "if i dont take gold as task reward, then i barely pay the hunt.... if you don't loot monsters, you cant pay your hunt either.
Tips and tricks: before the hunt, take several bps for gold coins. All you have to do is click loot button and they will drop in your bp (i have 1gp each in like 10bps) so they dont mess my main bp. This way every hunt is extra 10-20k gp. It adds up.

P.s. i know rangers and warriors cant do as many gold reward tasks. But while having task ready they can do someones else task and split the reward.
P.s.s. gold reward is great from thorvald osvald... till p card price goes up to 200k. Then theres no way it will be worth to cancel ghosts and similar tasks..

completely agree with everything here. Indeed on a dead server where cards are extremely expensive the whole task system becomes pretty bad, but heres my idea for this: why not add a free cancel task option with a cooldown or for every Xamount of tasks completed u get free rerolls like if every 10 task finished u get a free reroll and u can save up to 5 or 10 of them or something? ? or just remove the monsters that drops nothing like ghost from the tasks and replace them by other similar strenght monster?

just giving out ideas :)
Huligan
Player

Pharos
Level 196
Warrior
4th December 2018 07:16:36 (Last edited 4th December 2018 07:18:27)

Quoting Numbs:
Quoting Baltas:

completely agree with everything here. Indeed on a dead server where cards are extremely expensive the whole task system becomes pretty bad, but heres my idea for this: why not add a free cancel task option with a cooldown or for every Xamount of tasks completed u get free rerolls like if every 10 task finished u get a free reroll and u can save up to 5 or 10 of them or something? ? or just remove the monsters that drops nothing like ghost from the tasks and replace them by other similar strenght monster?

just giving out ideas :)

I really have a hard time to profit but thats because i cant take gold on task because with my time i need to put the tasks on skill, but thats a problem for warrior / rangers only. About your idea of getting free cancel is very good, right now we got to much premium spending feature ingame to make it possible to everyone to enjoy the game to the full. I was suggesting Thorvald / Osvald to give 3 options like do you want to help me kill 300 orknies, 300 orcs or 300 dwarfs and you can choose. But your idea also VERY good :)
Deadpool
Player

Pharos
Level 472
Ranger
4th December 2018 08:57:08 (Last edited 4th December 2018 09:05:26)

The loot rate seems a bit low in low-mid game.
High-end loot seems ok, but the premium features are hindering us all.
People get demoralized cause it takes forever to even loot 1 thing.

A solution to this is make things drop 2-3x more frequent, but the value is also 2-3x less.
It can even be a different ratio, but you all get the idea.
This way players feel they are looting more for the duration of their hunts.

Although, the contributing problem is all the premium features that eventually kill the long end game of non-donators.
That is why they just fight and have leaders hand them cards for war without doing quests that wont unlock access for fights.
Even on older servers, teams passed out cards to those who could not dungeon and/or received blackskull.
They would not have to if it was gold inducted.

I have sustained myself pretty well, "with the help of others"
People would merc for hire me as shooter, a hitman, tasker buster, item retriever, or I found cavebotters to kill to sustain.
Survival of the fittest this game is, Darwinism at it's finest.

I think it would be possible for the average player to sustain.
A re-vamp of the systems that use so many of the premiums for features is the first step.
The game is pay to win and with a small community.

While some have millions of cash, others cannot even stay alive because of the premium features, but they have cash.
Literally, everything you do costs a premium, which renders a player unable to sustain without donating.
It also creates a heavy depreciation in the value of gold.

The relationship between gold and premium cards is a very crucial one and needs to be treated with care.
Supply and demand will help balance out if you make previous said changes.
Silmarllion
Player

Pharos
Level 317
Ranger
4th December 2018 12:10:02

Quoting GM Eden:
Hello everyone,

I'm here to ask everyone of you about the current situation we have with the loot from monsters, after having numerous people messaging me about it, I have decided to make this thread to get some input. I have two questions to ask.

Thank you for your feedback.
Eden.

1. OK but bosses dropp way to little of the top items, nonstop bosskilling 200+hours to get 1 decent item.
2. Yes, on non-pvp. On pvp server no chance.
Casted
Player

Pharos
Level 416
Mage
4th December 2018 16:36:59

To everyone saying it's easy to do, I will give you a task.

Start a new mage of your choice and level up to 100 on Novus as a solo player.
DO NOT buy any premium cards not 1, not 30, not 121...

See if you can maintain your own premium/tasks while also hunting efficiently.
Zul
Player

Elysium
Level 192
Warrior
4th December 2018 18:39:14

What i think:

1. The rare items are okay i think, but the "shitty" items like bastard sword etc, should drop more frequently to maybe compensate.

2. As for mage, nope! warrior and ranger? Yes, its possible, but i think that the spell costs for mages maybe should be reduced, or atleast
some of them, my opinion tho.

/Zul
Pogmage
Player

Pharos
Level 19
Mage
4th December 2018 18:39:48

Quoting Thraal:
To everyone saying it's easy to do, I will give you a task.

Start a new mage of your choice and level up to 100 on Novus as a solo player.
DO NOT buy any premium cards not 1, not 30, not 121...

See if you can maintain your own premium/tasks while also hunting efficiently.

problem here is what you call " hunting efficiently "

and even IF you couldnt " hunt efficiently " the problem is what baltas said, not the loot itself
1 2 3 4 5
Last »