« First
2 3 4 5 6
Last »
This thread has been locked by a moderator.
Show staff replies in this thread
20th July 2021 13:47:14 GM Shadow View post »
20th July 2021 15:07:25 GM Shadow View post »
20th July 2021 15:32:20 GM Shadow View post »
20th July 2021 17:59:35 GM Shadow View post »
20th July 2021 18:21:46 GM Shadow View post »
20th July 2021 18:43:24 GM Shadow View post »
20th July 2021 22:38:11 GM Shadow View post »
21st July 2021 11:09:32 GM Shadow View post »
21st July 2021 12:31:54 GM Shadow View post »
22nd July 2021 22:06:41 GM Shadow View post »
26th July 2021 11:39:30 GM Shadow View post »
26th July 2021 11:50:07 GM Shadow View post »
2nd August 2021 12:37:49 GM Shadow View post »
2nd August 2021 22:02:13 GM Shadow View post »
4th August 2021 11:25:06 GM Shadow View post »
10th August 2021 14:59:08 Administration View post »
Sanoman
Player

Elysium
Level 937
Mage
20th July 2021 19:27:13

Quoting GM Shadow:
Quoting Baloteli:
ridiculous this update, why not make updates to the hardcore portal instead of nerfing the classes?

Sorry to hear that -- But hardcore hunts and other high level game-play is definitely something we are actively looking at please be patient!

Quoting Wyhualxz:
Any news regarding hunts? monsters?

Nothing that we are ready to share just yet ;)

I understand you're trying to make zezenia a better game, but reducing a class's damage is very tricky.
Tokan Sado
Player

Pharos
Level 1002
Warrior
20th July 2021 19:55:23

Quoting Baloteli:
Quoting GM Shadow:
Quoting Baloteli:
ridiculous this update, why not make updates to the hardcore portal instead of nerfing the classes?

Sorry to hear that -- But hardcore hunts and other high level game-play is definitely something we are actively looking at please be patient!

Quoting Wyhualxz:

I understand you're trying to make zezenia a better game, but reducing a class's damage is very tricky.

its already fixed
Nelvam Guilherme
Player

Elysium
Level 927
Warrior
20th July 2021 20:00:30

I believe that now, the staff could think about creating new areas and new monsters to hunt, as it needs a lot of level for full talents.
Tokan Sado
Player

Pharos
Level 1002
Warrior
20th July 2021 20:16:52

I love games that you can make unique builds so I liked the ideia of how the talents are working right now, but follow below some considerations.

You should work with "cost" per talent, for exemple a lv 100 paladin will only have 10 points to work with, if he goes full agression, he will be weak to tank, if he goes full resist he will deal 0 dmg, so we should be able to spend more points at lower lvs/tier of talents.

Also warriors now have a hard time, you either go full def or full atk, and as somebody said before the disposition of the talents are harsh for warriors, for exemple paladins will only be able to invest in some dmg after higher lvs and if you are a solo player if u choose the path of dmg, you are going to be stuck with weaker creatures because you not going to be tanky enough. (this is a warrior speaking, so it's not a partial opnion, but perhaps a slightly buff on resist/fort/healing values would help warrios being able to allocate less points in defensive status and more on offensive, btw the same goes to rangers at least on resistence)

A bit easy but not so much is the decision of rangers, since they are a dps class ofc they will choose dmg, but that will make them really easy to kill.

Mages classe is the only talent tree that is almost perfect, the only hard decision is if you want the brewing or some mana quality life, the rest of points are pretty easy to locate, weapon boost is almost useless so you dont even need to think about it, healing is dispensable since you can heal over half of your hp with a single spell even without the boost, and nobody waits to heal that low.

The talent brewing should be nerfed or added to other classes, extra 15 minutes on an exp flask is huge, average price of exp flask is 250k so you basically is giving free 80k per flask to mages ONLY, in 5 flasks wich takes to burn 2 staminas its like extra 400k not to mention other pots like luck.

Not sure if its intend but durability talent is giving the same amonth of hp to every class while spirituality is not, i know warriors can go up to lv 15 while mages and ranges can only go to 10, but 10 points on that talent for mages will boost a lv 500 mage hp in around 20% of his total while 10 points for warrios will only give something like 6% and even 15 points will give 9% wich makes the value of having this talents to mages a higher reward
Craudete
Premium

Elysium
Level 612
Warrior
20th July 2021 20:41:05

Where's new content???

Nerfs is not the way, basically 5 years chasing the same monsters and getting nerf every update.

This new talent scheme is interesting, but at heart it's similar to the old one, with a new look. It's more difficult now for all level, all suffered reduction in damage, defense, resist etc. Reduction to continue doing what I was doing before...

Creating hardcore hunt, portal, dgs etc would be much more useful than this talent scheme. :/
Mamrot
Player

Elysium
Level 489
Warrior
20th July 2021 20:45:10

Quoting Administration:
The Zezenia Online Public Test Server is now open for all players! This server features a New Talents System including new abilities for subclasses and balancing changes.

Please help us perfect this system with your testing and feedback! Constructive comments and bug reports in this thread will be rewarded with various tokens of our appreciation.

The test client can be downloaded here. The Test Server is based on a snapshot, so don't be alarmed if some of your progress is missing.

New Talents

The new Talent System features a unique talent tree for each subclass. Talents are divided into three unlockable tiers. Players can specialize in one of two subclass specific special talents.

Zezenia Online Forum Screenshot

Each talent can be assigned 10-15 points depending on subclass. For instance, a Paladin may assign five extra points to the Fortification talent. One assignable point is gained every 10 levels.

To test talents to their full extent, you may level up to 500 at any time on the Test Server. Talk to NPC Jeff in the Ellaria depot.

New & Special Talents

In addition to existing talents Durability, Spirituality, Legerity, Expertise, Aggression, Fortification, Resistance, Healing & Weapon Boost the following talents are new:

* Mana Steal: returns 10 mana points per talent point on each basic attack.

* Multi Strike: adds a 2% chance per point to inflict an additional strike on each attack. (50% damage in PvP)

* Brewing: increases potion duration by ~4% per talent point.

Starting at level 500 new Special Talents are available by subclass:

Shaman

Blizzard: Hailstorm inflicts additional damage and slows down hit creatures.

Rejuvenation: Heal Friend and Shamanic Friend heal over time.

Pyromancer

Fire Guard: Mystic Guard reduces damage by an additional 20% on top of 40% from mana.

Clarity: areal spells inflict extra damage around their edges.

Warlock

Lasting Pain: Deathblow inflicts additional damage over 6 seconds.

Immolation: doubles the strength of Advanced Soul Fire.

Paladin

Invocation: increases Last Stand duration to 25 seconds.

Overpowering: Shield Slam damage & stun chance is increased. Adds damage based healing.

Barbarian

Insatiable: increases Rage duration to 25 seconds.

Invincible: adds healing to attack spells when below 30% HP.

Rogue

Poison Arrow: adds a poisonous element to Barbed Arrow.

Ice Traps: turns Traps into larger Ice Traps.

Marksman

Split Arrow: turns Piercing Shot into a full frontal wave. Armor reduction remains only from direct line hits.

Focus: increases Critical Continuum duration to 30 seconds.

The full talent tree for each subclass is visible ingame. Details about all talents will be available in the Zezenia Wiki soon.

Discover the Library

Information about each subclass and their spells & talents can be found within the new Library button.

The ingame Library will expand over time to include a map, bestiary and more.

Update Coming Soon

The new Talents System is part one of the upcoming Zezenia Online Summer Update. Stay tuned for a preview of what else is coming out in the coming weeks!

Test Server Changelog

Quoting Full changelog:

New in Zezenia

- Added the New Talents System. Each subclass has their own talent tree with varying tiers & two special talents to choose from.

- Added a new ingame Library with information about spells, subclasses & talents.

- Replaced Talents in the Abilities window with equipment and talent Stats.

- Added a network latency indicator. The indicator can be toggled in game settings.

- Added opt-in automatic bug reports. Bug reports can be toggled in game settings.

- Added minimap markers for all boats.

- Added a warning on login if there are insufficient funds in the bank for house rent.

Changes

- Certain spells are no longer usable behind walls or on targets in protection areas.

- Arena & dungeon restricted spells are now disabled in the Castle War event.

- A loot dialog is now shown on dungeon completion if any items are received.

Fixes

- Server & client performance & networking improvements.

- Fixed issues with right clicking items in overlapping container windows.

- Fixed a rare issue with players being unable to walk after login.

Sincerely,
Zezenia Staff

i Like this new system but some questions
-why +5 bonus points for paladins for mele defense? Instead of 5 bonus talents to hp(which is useless because 250 hp dont makes paladins more tanky) +1 bonus magic resistance talent ( but u need to use 5 points=50lvls to do that this is better option),
- i dont like also ideas that shaman and pyro have 15 points to hp warlock only 10, all this classes should be same as warlock -10
- i dont like idea for brewing talents only for mages
- with this talent systems im a bit stronger at same lvl but spended more poits to dmg than mele defense (where i gave 0 points so it seems to be ok)
Shadowzin
Premium

Pharos
Level 905
Mage
20th July 2021 21:11:33

Hello after testing Immolation on Warlock , i do the same damage to monsters with 10 points and with 0 points. There is no increase in damage !

Can staff take a look please ?
Naturstorm
Player

Pharos
Level 551
Mage
20th July 2021 21:55:38

Quoting GM Shadow:
Quoting Baloteli:

Quoting Wyhualxz:

nice to know, I will faithfully follow
GM Shadow
Game Master

20th July 2021 22:38:11

Quoting Caste:
Hello after testing Immolation on Warlock , i do the same damage to monsters with 10 points and with 0 points. There is no increase in damage !

Can staff take a look please ?

Sorry there is an issue with Warlock talents allowing more than 1 point as it is supposed to be.
Please only put 1 talent point in Immolation or Lasting Pain and it will work until we correct this issue.
Makavelly
Player

Pharos
Level 545
Ranger
21st July 2021 00:04:12

A very important detail that we all notice.
Log your account on the Test Server and do not add any additional new talent, Once this is done, you will test some monster.
You will notice that you are 50% weaker.
But after you place talents you go up another 50% totaling 100% of your normal physical resistance and damage outside the test server.
My character hasn't changed because I have access to almost every talent.
But what about characters who don't have all talents?
I believe that losing the stats you already have before the test server shouldn't be a good idea to lower them but just put new talents as something additional, so we'll all continue as we are and get stronger each time.

Example; We should all have the same strength stats and everything even without putting these new talents after all they are not base talents they are NEW TALENTS, so we shouldn't lower ours to add new ones.

I hope you guys don't make this mistake.
I hug and wait for this excellent update and good team work.
« First
2 3 4 5 6
Last »